Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 127

FAKE SSs!

This is a discussion on FAKE SSs! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by b.lee Anything can be an SS, only a Camaro can be a Z28 great quote...

  1. #41
    Senior Member greatwhiteZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    d
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,675

    white
    2002 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    Anything can be an SS, only a Camaro can be a Z28
    great quote

  2. #42
    Driver for hire ss_caramo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N. Texas
    Posts
    546

    Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

    I could accept a Z28 with SS hood and spoiler with the Z28 badges. Stay proud of what you have! The Z28 doesnt play, ive had some Z's straight roll out on me in my SLP SS. Be proud of that Z, they are just as brutish as an SS, just not as flashy


  3. #43
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    So you think you(camarojunky74) are better than the rest of us lowly Z28 owners because you overpaid for your SS?? Does this make you better somehow?? That is part of the reason I bought my Z28. More money for mods and I dont look like a pretentious ass that thinks they are better than other people simply because they paid more. Knocking people because dont have a "real" SS is more bullshit than putting SS badges on a Z28. You make an aSSumption that if they dont have a "real" SS that they couldnt afford it. That is a foolish assumption.

    When I used my Z as a daily driver I had a certain amount of money to spend. I had to choose between a convertible or a t-top SS, so I bought a Z28 convertible. Same prices in 2000. GUESS WHAT, nobody can make a clone convertible Z28 out of a hardtop V6. So did it make me better than someone that had a hardtop Z28? Hell no. Now my Z is just a toy to go fast in. We sold the convertible years ago to start a business, failed and can just now afford to play again. So for you to sit there and judge us for not buying an SS, but maybe still wanting the look, is bullshit.

    I might have called that one wrong, but it sure looks like you have a real problem with anyone other than SS owners.

  4. #44
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    I agree that changing the badgeing is just plain wrong. Especially on a v-6 thats even worse. I purposely looked for a SS when buying a car. They are more rare, better looking(with the hood and spoiler) and hold their value much better(typically they are worth $2500 more than the Z).
    I'm all for changeing the apperance of your car (the ss hood and spoiler look much, much better) however, leave the SS emblems off your car if it is not a true SS.
    I am so sick of all the older clone ss cars out there as well. I have a true SS 71 Elcamino and I am tired of all the clones out there trying to mimic my car. First off, my dash is a true SS dash not the malibu type. I have a "BIG BLOCK" under the hood not a small block, a TH-400 not a th-350, and a 12 bolt posi with heavy duty sway bar not a 10 bolt. I also have bucket seats with a console shift not on the collum. I think older cars pretending to be something they are not pisses me off even more. At least back then, they really changed componets on the car and you could really tell a true SS car from a fake. (Different motor, tranny, rearend, and interiors where a lot different)
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 08-23-2007 at 06:15 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member greatwhiteZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    d
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,675

    white
    2002 z28

    camarojunkie is way too cool for us, you know is pulled up to a stock Z with a stock ss and rolled the window up, THERE JUST AS FAST. i know its hard to get a race from all of the imtimatation from the streets of from you . your bascailly dogging all the Z's " saying its more bad ass then others" come on.... but i do agree that z should be z's and ss' s SS's

  6. #46
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    I agree that changing the badgeing is just plain wrong. Especially on a v-6 thats even worse. I purposely looked for a SS when buying a car. They are more rare, better looking(with the hood and spoiler) and hold their value much better(typically they are worth $2500 more than the Z).
    I'm all for changeing the apperance of your car (the ss hood and spoiler look much, much better) however, leave the SS emblems off your car if it is not a true SS.
    Once again I agree, and I called how fast and how big this thread was going to get awhile ago. GM does throw around the SS badge now (or did according to what they've said recently), but that doesn't take away that our cars were designed and built by SLP. I look at putting SS badges on anything else similar to putting the "LT" badge on your wifes malibu because it was only an LS from the factory. Who cares about what the stickers on your car say, if you want to put the ss parts on great, badges just aren't that cool or big of a deal to most people. The real SS owners know what they have, and know how to spot a fake if the time ever comes.

  7. #47
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    my car is only a 6 banger with ss badges whats wrong with that ??? at least it looks fast

  8. #48
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    Once again I agree, and I called how fast and how big this thread was going to get awhile ago. GM does throw around the SS badge now (or did according to what they've said recently), but that doesn't take away that our cars were designed and built by SLP. I look at putting SS badges on anything else similar to putting the "LT" badge on your wifes malibu because it was only an LS from the factory. Who cares about what the stickers on your car say, if you want to put the ss parts on great, badges just aren't that cool or big of a deal to most people. The real SS owners know what they have, and know how to spot a fake if the time ever comes.
    YOu are right about GM throwing that SS emblem around. I mean come on, that pickup truck with SS badges is funny. They make an SS out of the heaviest truck GM makes. Cobalt SS? An econobox SS?? But if I put an SS badge on my Z28 I am somehow a subhuman?

    I want to re-iterate that I would never do that, but I just dont see the elitism that some SS owners have. Next time you think you are better, take a look at the mid 80s Monte Carlo SS. Pathetic LG4 engine. Cobalt SS, Silverado SS. Dont pretend you are better than anyone because you paid more for your car. I have a lot more money in mods now than the additional you paid for the differance in your SS from a Z. So what.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madrid, Iowa
    Age
    43
    Posts
    304

    red
    02 trans am ws6

    I couldn't afford the 02 SS so I bought a 02 WS6. I also took all the badges off it. I still can't find anybody around here to race. Maybe I'll have some luck if I put on a firebird hood. V6 or V8 at least it aint a mustang.

  10. #50
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    I couldn't afford the 02 SS so I bought a 02 WS6. I also took all the badges off it. I still can't find anybody around here to race. Maybe I'll have some luck if I put on a firebird hood. V6 or V8 at least it aint a mustang.

    why would u take off the badges ?????

  11. #51
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    I couldn't afford the 02 SS so I bought a 02 WS6. I also took all the badges off it. I still can't find anybody around here to race. Maybe I'll have some luck if I put on a firebird hood. V6 or V8 at least it aint a mustang.
    I am wondering the same. Why take them off? It is pretty obvious it is a WS6. Why not just buy a Trans Am and save yourself some money? Same car, differant intake and catback, but cheaper.

  12. #52
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    YOu are right about GM throwing that SS emblem around. I mean come on, that pickup truck with SS badges is funny. They make an SS out of the heaviest truck GM makes. Cobalt SS? An econobox SS?? But if I put an SS badge on my Z28 I am somehow a subhuman?

    I want to re-iterate that I would never do that, but I just dont see the elitism that some SS owners have. Next time you think you are better, take a look at the mid 80s Monte Carlo SS. Pathetic LG4 engine. Cobalt SS, Silverado SS. Dont pretend you are better than anyone because you paid more for your car. I have a lot more money in mods now than the additional you paid for the differance in your SS from a Z. So what.
    You can bitch and moan all day, However look at NADA and KBB, find out how much your car is worth, Then add the ss package and see the numbers. I never said that I am better than anyone or have a better car, all I was saying is they look much better than the Z, they hold their value better and they are more rare. If you want a SS buy one, if you don't care then don't pretend you have one when you don't.

  13. #53
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Refer to the badge removal post. A lot of people do it just to clean up the car, get all the junk off, and just let people wonder. My dad has a 96 impala ss, well deserving of the ss name, and he took all the chrome deers, chevy bowties, and impala ss stuff off it, just to make it look streamlined and clean.

    Stickers do nothing for the power, performance, or value of the car. Its all in the rpo codes.....Like I said before, stickers or not, people will always know what you really have if you let them know with your right foot.

  14. #54
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    You can bitch and moan all day, However look at NADA and KBB, find out how much your car is worth, Then add the ss package and see the numbers. I never said that I am better than anyone or have a better car, all I was saying is they look much better than the Z, they hold their value better and they are more rare. If you want a SS buy one, if you don't care then don't pretend you have one when you don't.
    Pretend to have an SS?? When did I say I did anything remotely close to that? Or wanted to? If you wanted something rare thats worth more and that cant be cloned you should have gotten a convertible. But lets face it, the value is dropping as we speak. It will be a long time before people that bought them new will even come close to recouping their losses.

    And if you check the post up a couple you would see I was more directing my replies to an elitest attitude that comes with the SS. Or appears to in this thread. I never met anyone that expressed these views before. So what if you paid more. If everyone had that attitude then I guess even most V6 guys should look down upon me. I only paid $3600 for my LS1 Z28.

  15. #55
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    Oh and if you will look at my first post, I said I like the look of the SS hood and spoiler but would rather put a small cowl hood if there was one available. I also said I would like to put some vintage style Z28 badges on mine. Right now I am just focusing on making it fast. Cosmetics come last.

  16. #56
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    Oh and if you will look at my first post, I said I like the look of the SS hood and spoiler but would rather put a small cowl hood if there was one available. I also said I would like to put some vintage style Z28 badges on mine. Right now I am just focusing on making it fast. Cosmetics come last.
    The cowl hoods look great on the new camaros, I would go with a 4" cowl hood, its different and imo look killer. I also love the vintage badgeing, I am more of an old school guy anyway and I like the look of the old style badgeing. Post pics when your done, Love to look at them.

  17. #57
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    You know the SS badges have like 30 Hp a piece

  18. #58
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    I think 4" is too much. I want subtle but apparent. This one is the same color as mine and has a cowl hood, but I think it is a bit too big. I like it but too much. That is why I will probably end up with an SS hood. I want mine to be obviously not an SS but I love the style of the hood and spoiler.



    I still dont see why it matters if someone wants to stick some stickers on their cars.

  19. #59
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Thats a sexy looking Z

  20. #60
    2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lathrop, Missouri
    Posts
    2,479

    NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

    [QUOTE=mnypitZ;966403]I think 4" is too much. I want subtle but apparent. This one is the same color as mine and has a cowl hood, but I think it is a bit too big. I like it but too much. That is why I will probably end up with an SS hood. I want mine to be obviously not an SS but I love the style of the hood and spoiler.

    Click for full size

    That hood looks awesome, + I love the color of that car

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. this HAS to be fake....
    By third_shift|studios in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 10:17 AM
  2. This has to be fake
    By screaminbird in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 12:27 AM
  3. fake A6?
    By third_shift|studios in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 05:34 AM
  4. this has to be fake
    By ss~zoso~ss in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 10:45 AM
  5. Are they fake?
    By kemp in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 09:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •