Thread: Exhaust

Pewter
    1999 Chevy Camaro

Exhaust

I own a 99 Camaro SS. The Cam currently has cat-back hooker exhaust, but I'm looking into putting all new exhaust on it pretty soon. I plan on ditching the Hooker and maybe go to Magnaflow cat-back. What do you guys have on your cars for headers & y-pipe or what would you recommend? I want it louder but not raspy. I want a clean yet loud grumble to the exhaust note. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

this is what im planning for my exhaust and would recommend it to others i would go with pasesetter LT headers put an ORY on it and install a cat on the intermediate pipe(to keep it from being too raspy) run it to a muffler of your choice with some nice tips... then put lowpro cutouts on the y-pipe so you can get some more performance when you race it ect....

Pewter
    1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by My00Z28 View Post
    this is what im planning for my exhaust and would recommend it to others i would go with pasesetter LT headers put an ORY on it and install a cat on the intermediate pipe(to keep it from being too raspy) run it to a muffler of your choice with some nice tips... then put lowpro cutouts on the y-pipe so you can get some more performance when you race it ect....
    What size primaries are you going for? And your plan doesnt sound like a bad idea. I think I might go along with the same thing. Single cat? I still think I'll get the Magnaflow cat-back and possibly an electic cut-out if I ever plan to take her back up to the strip

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I've got LTs (duno the specifics), ORY with cats welded back on at the collectors, and a borla muffler. Under 2k rpms the car is almost stock quiet. But if you open it up, the only thing that may be louder is a slp loudmouth car with no cats. Sounds damn good tho. Nice and loud while still not pissing the neighbors off at 4am every morning

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Tazer21690 View Post
    What size primaries are you going for? And your plan doesnt sound like a bad idea. I think I might go along with the same thing. Single cat? I still think I'll get the Magnaflow cat-back and possibly an electic cut-out if I ever plan to take her back up to the strip
    im looking at 1 3/4" primaries? and yes a single cat.. but you may need to get your rear o2's turned off with a tune....

2000 Trans Am

Hooker and Magnaflow are both pretty quiet. I have run borla as well and it was louder but seemed to have some rasp in it. Right now I just went from longtubes with true duals to Off road Y pipe and with the magnaflows its quiet. Perhaps the cutout would be the best of both worlds.

2000 Trans Am

Yes 1-3/4 primaries are standard but minimal gains can be had with 1-7/8 if you have a power adder or big cam. I went with 1-3/4 Lpp Stainless headers. and a TSP ORY. If you stick with magnaflow even without cats there isnt much, if any rasp.

Thread Information