Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Everyone should read THIS!!! (detailing)

This is a discussion on Everyone should read THIS!!! (detailing) within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So i have a few swirl marks in my 'black' paint of coarse..i went to walmart and bought some McGuires ...

  1. #1
    GET SOME claytonr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    374

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM

    Everyone should read THIS!!! (detailing)

    So i have a few swirl marks in my 'black' paint of coarse..i went to walmart and bought some McGuires swirl remover just spending a few bucks to see if it worked...This stuff is the bested product i have ever used, not only did it completely wax my car effortlessly to a mirror finish but it deoxidized my roomates headlights with just a lil elbow grease(imagine with an electric buffer. Also i sanded my black tail lights and it waxed them back to a mirror finish after i took off a layer or two!! INCREDIBLE STUFF i recommend getting some and playing with it..let me know what yal think!

  2. #2
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by claytonr View Post
    So i have a few swirl marks in my 'black' paint of coarse..i went to walmart and bought some McGuires swirl remover just spending a few bucks to see if it worked...This stuff is the bested product i have ever used, not only did it completely wax my car effortlessly to a mirror finish but it deoxidized my roomates headlights with just a lil elbow grease(imagine with an electric buffer. Also i sanded my black tail lights and it waxed them back to a mirror finish after i took off a layer or two!! INCREDIBLE STUFF i recommend getting some and playing with it..let me know what yal think!
    Thanks for the tip!!

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  3. #3
    GM made me do it!! IT_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    29
    Posts
    290

    Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

    really good to know, my head lights need it

  4. #4
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Make sure you use some wax after. That just buffed out the scratches. It didnt protect anything.

  5. #5
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    You know what really does wonders for swirl marks on Arctic White cars?






    ICE!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    You know what really does wonders for swirl marks on Arctic White cars?




    Click for full size

    ICE!!!!
    Yuck cold snow

  7. #7
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Yuck cold snow
    Don't be fooled, my friend....most of that is actually sleet pellets and ice underneath....much more slippery than snow....that's why the car is buried. No way I can even get it out the driveway...

  8. #8
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Don't be fooled, my friend....most of that is actually sleet pellets and ice underneath....much more slippery than snow....that's why the car is buried. No way I can even get it out the driveway...
    Oh Terry, you damn Oklahoman! lol Come on up here and witness what is God's white nocturnal mess strewn about the ground!!! And is that a Ford I spy in the background?!?!? I want to curl up and cry.... I thought we were better than this... it's over between us!!!!


    sorry.... I got caught up in the moment.... I apologize, are we cool again?

  9. #9
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Oh Terry, you damn Oklahoman! lol Come on up here and witness what is God's white nocturnal mess strewn about the ground!!! And is that a Ford I spy in the background?!?!? I want to curl up and cry.... I thought we were better than this... it's over between us!!!!


    sorry.... I got caught up in the moment.... I apologize, are we cool again?
    We're cool...it's the wife's truck, and the other reason I didn't go to work today...that pathetic excuse for a 'truck' couldn't even get off the side streets.

    And it may be colder up there, and snow a shitstorm, but it's almost all ICE down here...it sprinkled rain on the road for about 20 minutes...and almost instantly became a giant sheet of ice on the bridges and under overpasses...within the next couple hours the whole roads were ice, and there were more wrecks in Tulsa than the PD and FD could handle....stupid rednecks think their 4x4's can get traction on a GIANT SHEET OF F#%KING ICE.... you might be able to GO quicker, but how the F#%K do you expect to stop??? Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now...almost got hit by a retard going over a bridge on the way home yesterday, so I'm still a little pissed about it

  10. #10
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    You know what really does wonders for swirl marks on Arctic White cars?




    Click for full size

    ICE!!!!
    Lol Priceless....
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

  11. #11
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    We're cool...it's the wife's truck, and the other reason I didn't go to work today...that pathetic excuse for a 'truck' couldn't even get off the side streets.

    And it may be colder up there, and snow a shitstorm, but it's almost all ICE down here...it sprinkled rain on the road for about 20 minutes...and almost instantly became a giant sheet of ice on the bridges and under overpasses...within the next couple hours the whole roads were ice, and there were more wrecks in Tulsa than the PD and FD could handle....stupid rednecks think their 4x4's can get traction on a GIANT SHEET OF F#%KING ICE.... you might be able to GO quicker, but how the F#%K do you expect to stop??? Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now...almost got hit by a retard going over a bridge on the way home yesterday, so I'm still a little pissed about it
    You guys dont get much snow down there do you? I know this year has been pretty fkt up weather, my brother said that Nashville is almost all closed down because of snow.... I wish MI was the same way! lol

    It's bad even up here with the hillbillies.... Some of them drive rear wheel drive trucks (not 4x4's) and think that a sheet of ice is the qualifying lap for Talladega. Oh well, we all gotta deal with em right?!?

  12. #12
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    You guys dont get much snow down there do you? I know this year has been pretty fkt up weather, my brother said that Nashville is almost all closed down because of snow.... I wish MI was the same way! lol

    It's bad even up here with the hillbillies.... Some of them drive rear wheel drive trucks (not 4x4's) and think that a sheet of ice is the qualifying lap for Talladega. Oh well, we all gotta deal with em right?!?
    Not much snow, but we've been getting some pretty crazy ice storms these last few years, crushed the power grid, and killed a LOT of trees...people are still cleaning up from last year's mess..

    Yeah, I guess they're everywhere....thankfully I was in the truck yesterday, driving slow, not following too closely, guy in front of me spins out a couple times, ends up in the center median ditch, then somehow goes backwards across the road (right in front of me) off the shoulder into that ditch...I think the moron put it in reverse or something in mid-spin?? I stopped to make sure he was ok, held my tongue..

  13. #13
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Not much snow, but we've been getting some pretty crazy ice storms these last few years, crushed the power grid, and killed a LOT of trees...people are still cleaning up from last year's mess..

    Yeah, I guess they're everywhere....thankfully I was in the truck yesterday, driving slow, not following too closely, guy in front of me spins out a couple times, ends up in the center median ditch, then somehow goes backwards across the road (right in front of me) off the shoulder into that ditch...I think the moron put it in reverse or something in mid-spin?? I stopped to make sure he was ok, held my tongue..
    Now that was a responsible fatherly thing to do! lol I have definitely seen my fare share of crazy shit up here. The funniest thing when I stop at an accident to make sure everyone is ok, I hand out my business card for my dealership and tell them we have a full service body shop! hahaha I'm the devil!

  14. #14
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,481

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Now that was a responsible fatherly thing to do! lol I have definitely seen my fare share of crazy shit up here. The funniest thing when I stop at an accident to make sure everyone is ok, I hand out my business card for my dealership and tell them we have a full service body shop! hahaha I'm the devil!
    "Sir, you look like you might need a fast, dependable body shop. Well look no further!! Here's my card. If you have any questions or concerns, call that number and ask for Slick McGuvna."

  15. #15
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Thank you I bought the Turtle crap swirl remover and it actually scratched it more than help it.

    Cheers

  16. #16
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    "Sir, you look like you might need a fast, dependable body shop. Well look no further!! Here's my card. If you have any questions or concerns, call that number and ask for Slick McGuvna."


    I really felt that way too... Have you ever seen that Robin Williams movie, Cadillac Man? I felt just like Robin Williams when he gave his business card to the freshly widowed woman at her husbands funeral. Oh well, in these times, even if the business isn't going directly to me, but to our shop, I will be Slick McGuvna!

  17. #17
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    You know what really does wonders for swirl marks on Arctic White cars?




    Click for full size

    ICE!!!!
    What is that, I have never seen anything like that near my Camaro in Oklahoma
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  18. #18
    Member victor111262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    oklahoma city
    Posts
    179

    White
    2001 Z28

    mine is looks just like that, live right here in Del city Oklahoma crazy ass weather. i drove it to work Monday in to okc and i had to drove 15 mph in 4 gear so it would not spin out.

  19. #19
    Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bragg NC
    Posts
    2,835

    Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

    The cold wet stuff, i learned to drive in the snow in a 91 Z28, talk about fun times....
    J

  20. #20
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetorangess View Post
    The cold wet stuff, i learned to drive in the snow in a 91 Z28, talk about fun times....
    J
    Lol... 95 v6 Firebird for me! Talk about I've had a truck ever since...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Detailing your car
    By hooley17 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 06:18 AM
  2. Question: Car Detailing..
    By smkn gts in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
  3. Detailing?
    By mrsracing in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 05:00 PM
  4. Everyone should read THIS!!! (detailing)
    By claytonr in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
  5. Need help detailing
    By 440 rwhp trans am in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •