Effin Drunk Drivers

So a few weeks ago I had the misfortune of having a drunk driver hit my SS... I parked it in front of a friend's house and this guy was soo drunk that he hit a parked car... (I was not in the car myself but rather i was outside on the road and he had to swerve to miss me and my friends and hit my car).. then after he hit my car he tried to drive away... my buddy ended up jumpin in front of his car and told him to get out.. as soon as he did i wanted to crack skulls so i went over there and started draggin him out of his car and throwin him down to the pavement.. he tried to get up to take a swing at me but was so drunk that i just shoved him back down.... apparently he was at a house party.. now while he was down i had a good mind to just pummel the shit out of him and blame his injuries on the accident but my buddy said he recognized this guy and that he was a local coke head and that i shouldnt mess around with him... so this guy is soo drunk he says to me that he doesnt want this to go through the cops and insurance and that he would pay for all the damage... i asked him to look at the car and give me an estimate of what the damage was... (he hit the driver side front fender... i dont have any pics of the accident cuz it was late at night and i had no camera but i can explain it liek this.... my passenger side wheel was straight and my driver side wheel was almost at full lock to the left he also did damage to front bumper and driver side front fender).. so he tells me he thinks its somethin like 1G... at this point i call the police... he has the nerve to go home and pass out (he lives just down the street from where the accident happened).. cops finally show up 2 hours later.. they ask me where the guy is that hit me..i tell them hes at home passed out...so the cop calls in for a couple extra cruisers they go into this guys house and arrest him for drunk driving. turns out the guy had no insurance... but he was driving his parents car so the car was insured... I ended up having to go down to the police station to identify him in a photo lineup.. i was taken care of completely... my insurance paid for everything, gave me a rent a car (little POS nissan sentra that i just couldnt stop laughing everytime i got in)... final bill: $8,000.00

So I assume that my insurance company will just sue this guy for the damages.. hes so fucked he has no idea... drunk driving... fleeing the scene of an accident.. driving without insurance... the list goes on and on... cop told me he's probably lookin at fines upwards of 30Gs and a year in jail... i said i have no sympathy.. you drink and drive.. thats what you get.

so heres a few pics of mah baby now that shes back in action

Moral of the story: what moral? it's the same thing you hear time and time again... dont drink and drive!

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Glad everything worked out for you and the car Probly looks better than before with the new paint. Bonus!!

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Beautiful maro man . . . glad everything worked out alright and a dumbass was/will be punished for it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Car is looking great, but I dont get, 8grand worth of damge for just the fender? im guessing you took in some cash for urself lol

lol i wish i pocketed some of it... i never knew how easy it was until now.. it wasnt just the fender and bumper he clipped the driver side wheel.. almost tore it off completely... so everything underneath had to be replaced...arms, tie rods, joints etc.... even the engine cradle.. apparently he bent that as well.. the day i got it back i took it for a high speed run.. buried the needle at 150.. the car was planted the entire time..no wheel shake and no alignment issues so i'm pretty happy about that.

Black
    1999 Z/28

I had a drunk driver with no insurance or drivers license t-bone my mint "72 LeMans Sport with 31000 miles. As I was standing there watching my Iron Chief bleed radiator fluid, a bystander remarked "If I was you I'd beat the hell out of him" Since the Police were there I responded that I couldn't because it would be assault. The Policeman filling out the accident report turned to me and said " Don't worry Sir, we"ll take care of him on the way to jail for ruining your car!"
    Later, during court, the police asked me to bring the car by the station once it was fixed. I did and they cheered as I did a big burnout for them.
    about a year later , his brother called and asked if I would send a letter to the State saying I was OK with him getting his license back. I sent a letter, but it was NOT what they wanted.
    I found out later that a Cajun friend of mine "Big John" found out where he lived and beat the H-LL out of him with the door to his doublewide! Now thats Justice in Dixie!

MORAL TO THE STORY---- uninsured drivers coverage policy!

ahhaa damn those sound like sweet cops... most of the cops here in Canada are uptight pricks but the cop who filed my report said "sorry about your car.. i had a 69SS that was hit by a drunk driver also.. i feel your pain" I wanted to pound the everloving shit out of this guy that hit my car until he bled from his ears... but i dont mess around with coke heads and dealers... they just know too many people.

I talked to the cop who was on the scene for a bit.. turned out he's a chevy collector.. has a couple novas and chevelles and old school camaros that he works on for a hobby... very nice cop.. i was really impressed. Turns out that theres a couple of f-body loving cops in my town.. so i should probably try and make friends with them lol...

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by iggz View Post
    So a few weeks ago I had the misfortune of having a drunk driver hit my SS... I parked it in front of a friend's house and this guy was soo drunk that he hit a parked car... (I was not in the car myself but rather i was outside on the road and he had to swerve to miss me and my friends and hit my car).. then after he hit my car he tried to drive away... my buddy ended up jumpin in front of his car and told him to get out.. as soon as he did i wanted to crack skulls so i went over there and started draggin him out of his car and throwin him down to the pavement.. he tried to get up to take a swing at me but was so drunk that i just shoved him back down.... apparently he was at a house party.. now while he was down i had a good mind to just pummel the shit out of him and blame his injuries on the accident but my buddy said he recognized this guy and that he was a local coke head and that i shouldnt mess around with him... so this guy is soo drunk he says to me that he doesnt want this to go through the cops and insurance and that he would pay for all the damage... i asked him to look at the car and give me an estimate of what the damage was... (he hit the driver side front fender... i dont have any pics of the accident cuz it was late at night and i had no camera but i can explain it liek this.... my passenger side wheel was straight and my driver side wheel was almost at full lock to the left he also did damage to front bumper and driver side front fender).. so he tells me he thinks its somethin like 1G... at this point i call the police... he has the nerve to go home and pass out (he lives just down the street from where the accident happened).. cops finally show up 2 hours later.. they ask me where the guy is that hit me..i tell them hes at home passed out...so the cop calls in for a couple extra cruisers they go into this guys house and arrest him for drunk driving. turns out the guy had no insurance... but he was driving his parents car so the car was insured... I ended up having to go down to the police station to identify him in a photo lineup.. i was taken care of completely... my insurance paid for everything, gave me a rent a car (little POS nissan sentra that i just couldnt stop laughing everytime i got in)... final bill: $8,000.00

So I assume that my insurance company will just sue this guy for the damages.. hes so fucked he has no idea... drunk driving... fleeing the scene of an accident.. driving without insurance... the list goes on and on... cop told me he's probably lookin at fines upwards of 30Gs and a year in jail... i said i have no sympathy.. you drink and drive.. thats what you get.

so heres a few pics of mah baby now that shes back in action
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

Moral of the story: what moral? it's the same thing you hear time and time again... dont drink and drive!

Now carfax is gonna say you have accident

ya i asked the mechanic at the shop about that... he told me that because it wasnt an accident involving a fair amount of structural damage that there would be no report on the car.. i tried out the vin myself last week... and it doesnt say anything.. weird.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

damn glad to hear you got everything taken care of and it wasnt a hit and run that the driver got away.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Very entertaining story, you handled it perfectly!
    I am glad to hear everything worked out towards your benefit & the car looks great!

Not sure if I would have understood what the drunk bastard was saying with my foot on his throat though...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Good thing it didnt mess the title of the car

3.4l's of sex.....

green
    93' Camaro

dude, going through the same thing you just went through. except the drunk driver got his jaw brocken in two places by the two other guys he hit along with my wifes car, which i got back from the dealer that morning for scratch removal and to have it tefloned. still have paper plates on it. lucky me. my wife felt bad for the drunk driver as he layed on the pavement in a bloody mess, but i have no sympathy for drunk drivers. i would have left him there if not for my car getting hit. is that wrong of me?? o well, i have no heart.

hell no thats not wrong of you man... fuck that... people know well enough not to drink and drive.. if they do so thats all on them... like you said.. i have no sympathy and i really wouldnt want anyone to have any for me if i were in that situation... if i was stupid enough to drink and drive and put others at risk.. i deserve whatevers coming to me

Thread Information