Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Talking DTC's P0300 & P0134 BUT I have Exhaust leaks..?

What up LS1's.....Ok I finally finished my install of EVERYTHING within the engine/suspension/exhaust/braking systems. NOW I purposely installed my TSP ORY knowing I had fitment issues. Long story short I KNOW I have multiple leaks in the exhaust as I installed it on my vehicle enough to get it to an exhaust shop. Anyways the exhaust shop was to busy and told me to come back on a later date. On the drive back the above listed codes registered on my dashboard.

So, the question is would multiple exhaust leaks cause P0300 & P0134 DTC's??? Obviously FRESH AIR is ABSOLUTELY getting into my exhaust as I can actually hear it as I drove...........thanks in advance for those who care to share a viable answer..........

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

ORION where you at my brother.....you know I need your saving grace yet again!!!! I'm patiently waiting SIR

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Talking

HI-PO, FIREBIRD JONES, SPAZ I know you guys got my back SO feel free to chime in if you get a moment. Thanks!!

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

i have exhaust leak and i have P0300 code in my gauges .

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Your P0300 I can see from exhaust leak.

The P0134 though is a different issue (I think). Make sure you didn't burn or damage your O2 wiring when installing your exhaust.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

p0300 is an engine misfire and if present your SES light will be flashing. I don't see your exhaust causing this since the information comes from your cam and crank sensors.

p0134 is an o2 sensor circuit. It is a voltage problem so either the wiring needs repair or the sensor itself. Check to make sure the wires have not melted to your new exhaust. (mine did)

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Did you do the o2 extensions? If so, that is really something to look at. There are many P0300 code experiences and one P0134 in this thread. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129447

Gearchatter always gives some great ideas to start with. I love that site. I'm going to post the code from gear chatter for that year. I always recommend a good read through it.

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8732.php

First thing is first though. Get your exhaust figured out. If the extensions were done by you, by the longer o2 sensors, or buy o2 extensions. That will more then likely take care of P0134.

P0300 - Do you have access to a good scanner? HP Tuners or EFI live both have misfire detection abilities. That will be able to point you in a good direction. I don't remember what all you did to the engine side of things, so reading that Gearchatter web page will help.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Sayed_000 View Post
    i have exhaust leak and i have P0300 code in my gauges .
    Thanks for the input Sayed.....are you going to have the exhaust leak fixed??? How has this affected your driving?? Loss of power/shaking?? Let us know......

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Your P0300 I can see from exhaust leak.

The P0134 though is a different issue (I think). Make sure you didn't burn or damage your O2 wiring when installing your exhaust.
    YEP you're right on that!!!!!! I Just got my exhaust leaks/Y-pipe fixed + the guys relocated my O2 sensor sense the angle was terrible on my passenger side header (it was angled at 7 'oclock!) There was no way that would work...anyways my P0300 DID go away as a result of the exhaust repairs!!!! HOWEVER my P0134 came back on. At least I'm down to one............lol

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    p0300 is an engine misfire and if present your SES light will be flashing. I don't see your exhaust causing this since the information comes from your cam and crank sensors.

p0134 is an o2 sensor circuit. It is a voltage problem so either the wiring needs repair or the sensor itself. Check to make sure the wires have not melted to your new exhaust. (mine did)
    Thanks for the reply.......the funny thing is my SES light NEVER flashed.....BUT my P0300 code hasn't re-appeared after the exhaust leaks were fixed......does this mean anything specific IN THAT it never flashed????

Additionally, is the P0134 code location specific (passenge/driver/front/rear O2 locations)?? Does this mean a particular 02 is not functioning??? Hmmmmmm

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post

OK I will look into this...thanks for your reply. It's crazy though, your saying the p0300 is a misfire BUT I've never felt this misfire at all, the car idles perfect @ 900 rpms & this code NEVER flashed while illuminated!? This is weird......

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Did you do the o2 extensions? If so, that is really something to look at. There are many P0300 code experiences and one P0134 in this thread. http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129447

Gearchatter always gives some great ideas to start with. I love that site. I'm going to post the code from gear chatter for that year. I always recommend a good read through it.

First thing is first though. Get your exhaust figured out. If the extensions were done by you, by the longer o2 sensors, or buy o2 extensions. That will more then likely take care of P0134.

P0300 - Do you have access to a good scanner? HP Tuners or EFI live both have misfire detection abilities. That will be able to point you in a good direction. I don't remember what all you did to the engine side of things, so reading that Gearchatter web page will help.
    Thanks Hi-Po!!! Excellent feedback!!! That site is really informative and detailed. Thanks.....

OK....so I got the exhaust leak fixed. The crazy thing is the P0300 went away BUT the P0134 came back......Reference my 02 sensors, I purchased the 12 & 21-inch extensions and they fit perfect during the install. No issues there.....I will say this though, the first spark plug wire on the passenger side is slightly touching the header.....I bet this may be part of the problem. What have your heard about that causing this??? Would the wire being so close to the header cause this DTC from the excess heat??

Also looks like I will go to Checker's or Autozone and have them run the scan tool on it......I think they still do this for free or really cheap......

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

OK...so I had my cylinder heads cleaned up and installed the blue viton seals and the 918 springs w/the tsp 224r camshaft on 114 LSA. i installed a melling high volume oil pump + an updated LS2 timing chain. I also installed ARP rod bolts (since my car is a 98') and 7.350 chromoly hardened pushrods. I also installed the updated LS1 lifters and SS Lt's from ebay. I already had the Corsa catback and SLP lid + the TB bypass mod. Sounds to me like I need a tune for all this!!!
    Last edited by jb3golf; 01-21-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Thanks for the reply.......the funny thing is my SES light NEVER flashed.....BUT my P0300 code hasn't re-appeared after the exhaust leaks were fixed......does this mean anything specific IN THAT it never flashed????

Additionally, is the P0134 code location specific (passenge/driver/front/rear O2 locations)?? Does this mean a particular 02 is not functioning??? Hmmmmmm
    Yes, P0134 is o2 sensor - Drivers side - pre cat.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Yes, P0134 is o2 sensor - Drivers side - pre cat.
    Well there you go....thanks Hi-Po....I'll inspect this ASAP......

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Thanks for the input Sayed.....are you going to have the exhaust leak fixed??? How has this affected your driving?? Loss of power/shaking?? Let us know......

yeah .. too much noise + Vibration in low rbm !

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Thanks again for the advice Hi-Po. AND OF COURSE my front passenger side spark plug boot was NOT secured/snapped all the way against the plug. Details......Details..........

Thread Information