red
    1999 camaro Z28

door lock problem

I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight for an anoying problem I just encountered with my 1999 camaro Z28. My wife and I stopped by the store. I went in, she stayed in the car. I left the keys in the ignition (off) since she was still there. Once the doors were closed, she used the door switch to lock the doors. When I returned, something prevented her from unlocking them. The doors would not unlock with the door switch. The remote worked to unlock the doors from the inside, but the door switches would not work to unlock them. Very annoying. She could have used the manual unlock, but at first she was trying to open the drivers door with the switch because that was where I needed to get in. This must be some kind of theft deterent lockout or lockout prevention thing. I've looked in the manual, but have not seen anything very definitive yet.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Mine is the same way. I just assumed it was normal, like a child safety system to stop them from unlocking the doors or something.

Like you said, if I go somewhere, stop shut off my car, leave key in ignition in off position, then lock the doors with the "lock" switch the only way to unlock them is manually pulling the "lock" thats on the actual door out.

Thread Information