Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red
    98 SS Camaro

Does anyone know the specs..

On an acura rsx with turbo... probably boostin around 6-7 pounds...

I hate the bulletins just as much as the next guy, i just need to know because there is one in my scool now and i dont want to race him without knowing what im going up against. How do you think i would do?

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

6-7 psi is pretty weak, but they can get maybe high 13's. IM GUESSING but i think honda products need a lot of boost to get fast. run em and let us know. it cant hurt anything other than your driving record

Silverstone Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

if its stock you shouldnt have a problem.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

Its def not stock. Its an RSX- type s , then he added a turbo, they dont come with them..

Black
    99 Camaro SS

13's easy. With full bolt on's they hit high 13's...I wouldn't be racing a turbo rsx without some good mods. It should be 300+ horses to the ground easy. Some are even running 500 with forged internals.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

well im going to do 4.10's in a few days and i have lt and ory along with the loudmouth exhaust. should i be okay?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I hope so, last year towards the end of the year this guy had an RSX type S also but and got a turbo. He said he would put on the turbo during the summer. School starts here in a few weeks still, right now no car but i hope not long after school starts or before I want to get a new LS1

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

oh you young'ns....(even though im 19)

must we always seem afraid when a ricer tells you the infamous statement "im getting a turbo"? but if you must be reassured, lets go over a few things shall we?

firstly, this is a k20 vtec you are "up against".

201 hp @ 7800 rpm
    6 speed manual transmission

incase these numbers didnt kick you square in the junk in terms of all out raw power, then you may be wondering what 7 psi of boost would do.

welp, that is very low boost for a 4 cylinder, because they have an extreme disadvantage in cubes, thus compensating with more compressed air is the ticket. now i would say that he may squeeze 40 horse out of this give or take a few, and by my calculations he may just be over 220 WHEEL hp.

that 201 is at the crank up there boys, remember?

this so called "power" comes on way up there at 7800 rpms, and it will still peak around the same area with the good ole hairdryer.

notice that i dont have torque specs listed for this car....
    thats because i couldnt find them, because torque doesnt exist in a honda platform.

i wish i had the energy to hit you with what little sweet technical things i know about turbos but it would be an excellent waste of time.

if you dont think you can beat him, then god have mercy on your soul son.

hugger orange
    1999 camaro ss

dont think just cuz they come stock with no power means they arent fast. they have a good power to weight ratio, plus a friend of mine has one with heads, cam and full exhaust and custom engine tuning and he is running high 12s so im not sure of the turbo but they are quick if properly built

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

I raced a K20 with a turbo in a civic hatch he was running 11 pounds of boost... he ran a 13.2 i beat him by a car... you can beat him bad!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

a type s just means a K20 vtec i put 7 cars on them... now with 40 hp... hmmm i can put about 4-5
    Last edited by OnEbAdReDSS; 08-09-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by huggerls1 View Post
    dont think just cuz they come stock with no power means they arent fast. they have a good power to weight ratio, plus a friend of mine has one with heads, cam and full exhaust and custom engine tuning and he is running high 12s so im not sure of the turbo but they are quick if properly built
    actually that is what you think because its true. anything is quick properly built, we in the domestic community deal with fast....

if by good power to weight you mean no weight and no power, then i guess youre right....

a full exhaust on a 4 banger may add ~10 hp to the wheels. cams would add maybe ~20 and the head would add another ~20. being that i cant even find aftermarket heads on google for the k20, i cant get specific numbers to be expected.

what does CUSTOM engine tuning mean exactly?

these fwd cars arent fast, so i dont care what you think youre buddy is running. what kind of suspension does he have? he doesnt have wheel hop?

what does your buddy trap?

anyway you cut it, those cars are sucky. who gives a shit about the fact that they weigh 2840 lbs, they have no torque!!!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    actually that is what you think because its true. anything is quick properly built, we in the domestic community deal with fast....

if by good power to weight you mean no weight and no power, then i guess youre right....

a full exhaust on a 4 banger may add ~10 hp to the wheels. cams would add maybe ~20 and the head would add another ~20. being that i cant even find aftermarket heads on google for the k20, i cant get specific numbers to be expected.

what does CUSTOM engine tuning mean exactly?

these fwd cars arent fast, so i dont care what you think youre buddy is running. what kind of suspension does he have? he doesnt have wheel hop?

what does your buddy trap?

anyway you cut it, those cars are sucky. who gives a shit about the fact that they weigh 2840 lbs, they have no torque!!!
    horsepower is what sells cars.....torque is what moves em. I agree totally with you, it shouldn't be a problem unless he somehow has 20k under the hood alone.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by huggerls1 View Post
    So, I wonder what my car would run if I put on different heads, camshaft and custom engine tuning. I already have full exhaust. Maybe I would be in the 11s? I just don't understand why people want a FWD race car, with a 4 cylinder engine no less!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well what worried me is that the RSX type S runs low 14s right? Thats with like LT1 area, I figured if you slap a turbo on an LT1 it would take the LS1...or do I have it completly wrong?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Wow never mind I feel really dumb now, I just did a little more research on the RSX type S and they run high 14s. Never mind, yea guy that started this thread, you have nothing to worry about

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i say ls1 ftw

Black
    99 Camaro SS

oh you young'ns....(even though im 19)

must we always seem afraid when a ricer tells you the infamous statement "im getting a turbo"? but if you must be reassured, lets go over a few things shall we?

firstly, this is a k20 vtec you are "up against".

201 hp @ 7800 rpm
    6 speed manual transmission

incase these numbers didnt kick you square in the junk in terms of all out raw power, then you may be wondering what 7 psi of boost would do.

welp, that is very low boost for a 4 cylinder, because they have an extreme disadvantage in cubes, thus compensating with more compressed air is the ticket. now i would say that he may squeeze 40 horse out of this give or take a few, and by my calculations he may just be over 220 WHEEL hp.

that 201 is at the crank up there boys, remember?

this so called "power" comes on way up there at 7800 rpms, and it will still peak around the same area with the good ole hairdryer.

notice that i dont have torque specs listed for this car....
    thats because i couldnt find them, because torque doesnt exist in a honda platform.

i wish i had the energy to hit you with what little sweet technical things i know about turbos but it would be an excellent waste of time.

if you dont think you can beat him, then god have mercy on your soul son.
    If he's running a greddy kit fine your looking at about 50-60 flywheel but with stock internals the HKS kit or Rev Hard kit will get you close to 75-100 horses flywheel...

I drove a 04 type S before I bought my spec v....the big difference was torque...so the assumption that the torque in these cars is a joke is correct....going from ls1 to that wasn't possible for me....

Wheelhop can be eliminated through motor mounts and a torque dampener. The spec v has the worst wheelhop I've ever seen and its barely there now. That all told might cost him $200 installed so I'd assume with the turbo kit he'd have enough sense to invest in those two things.

For example here is one turbo'd correctly...and on a mustang dyno no less

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/736293

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post
    If he's running a greddy kit fine your looking at about 50-60 flywheel but with stock internals the HKS kit or Rev Hard kit will get you close to 75-100 horses flywheel...

I drove a 04 type S before I bought my spec v....the big difference was torque...so the assumption that the torque in these cars is a joke is correct....going from ls1 to that wasn't possible for me....

Wheelhop can be eliminated through motor mounts and a torque dampener. The spec v has the worst wheelhop I've ever seen and its barely there now. That all told might cost him $200 installed so I'd assume with the turbo kit he'd have enough sense to invest in those two things.

For example here is one turbo'd correctly...and on a mustang dyno no less

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/736293
    i can dig all that shit. the srt 4 has some of the worst wheel hop ive personally seen, but i can see the spec being bad too.

most of the young punks out dont even touch the internals it seems like, so im calling bullshit on him having 75 more horse, but you could very well be right.

the ls1 has nothing to worry about, he'll be peaking and the ss will have all ready finished and went home....

Black
    99 Camaro SS

i can dig all that shit. the srt 4 has some of the worst wheel hop ive personally seen, but i can see the spec being bad too.

most of the young punks out dont even touch the internals it seems like, so im calling bullshit on him having 75 more horse, but you could very well be right.

the ls1 has nothing to worry about, he'll be peaking and the ss will have all ready finished and went home....
    Most likely your right...he's an idiot that slapped on a turbo and chirped going into third and thinks he is the shit now.

If he acts like an idiot in normal day to day your looking at a bad build. If he acts normal and doesn't run his mouth this could very well be a well built car.

I get the best of all worlds owning an import for a dd...the ss for summers...and a 69 chevelle for weekends...so I see all types of idiots and all types of well built stock looking cars...

Thread Information