Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Does anyone know the specs..

This is a discussion on Does anyone know the specs.. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JwMonE99 Well what worried me is that the RSX type S runs low 14s right? Thats with ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Well what worried me is that the RSX type S runs low 14s right? Thats with like LT1 area, I figured if you slap a turbo on an LT1 it would take the LS1...or do I have it completly wrong?
    Wow never mind I feel really dumb now, I just did a little more research on the RSX type S and they run high 14s. Never mind, yea guy that started this thread, you have nothing to worry about
    when you get an ls1 you will instantly understand that all bets are off with these cars. they can really move.

i have driven a good amount of quick cars, ridden in more, and owned a few.
    torque is what you must be concerned with, and the ls1 has plenty in stock form.

no rice box is hanging.....

Black
    99 Camaro SS

Here's one built wrong...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/186842/3

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post

I swear to you when I first seen that car it looked like some kind of fucking alien no joking. Eating Ford, shitting Dodge and pissing imports that's the American Dream for me.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i flinched

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Hmmf. Misinformation is a bitch. Also, some of you guys need to grow up. *cough secondgear cough*

Never, ever underestimate your enemy... even if they are packing a 2.0Liter...

Those cars respond very well to boost, 'cause of 2 things. One, the fact that they much more agressive gearing then fbodies, and 2, because it gives them the thing they were missing... TORQUE. This does give them one huge problem though... traction. They can't fit big tires in there... hell, most of those guys run stock tires....

So, race him from a DIG, and you've got him, no questions asked... from a roll? Don't be suprised if you get a fart can in your face.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Hmmf. Misinformation is a bitch. Also, some of you guys need to grow up. *cough secondgear cough*

Those cars respond very well to boost, 'cause of 2 things. One, the fact that they much more agressive gearing then fbodies, and 2, because it gives them the thing they were missing... TORQUE. This does give them one huge problem though... traction. They can't fit big tires in there... hell, most of those guys run stock tires....

So, race him from a DIG, and you've got him, no questions asked... from a roll? Don't be suprised if you get a fart can in your face.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

No fast import has 2.0. The only fast ones except the rally cars (evo and sti) have atleast a V6 3.0 with twin turbos and RWD.

Unless of course you dumped in like 10 grand into it.

Silver

No fast import has 2.0. The only fast ones except the rally cars (evo and sti) have atleast a V6 3.0 with twin turbos and RWD.

Unless of course you dumped in like 10 grand into it.

Pewter
    2000 z28

never deny the cold facts
    *cough B34M3r cough*

why the hell wouldnt i underestimate this car bud?

do you read, or are you, like many, getting excited and overlooking the facts and proceeding to act as though you know everything?

theoretically, you may have some ounce of truth in your statement, all though its tough to make out considering that a 4 bangers powerband is vastly different from an 8 cylinder. not to mention of course the type of engine (dohc vs. ohc) and the overall opposite nature of the two, i dont see how one would be inclined to make the statement that an rsx is more agressively geared. a car is geared from the factory for gas mileage and to exploit its powerband (albeit not to the full potential). sure they are both six speeds, but that is where the similarities end.

the FACT is that this particular car (not the one youre visualizing) is running 6-7 pounds of boost as stated. assuming that dished pistons, aftermarket cams, and internal upgrades are a big deal, im guessing we'd have heard if the owner of the import monster had them. i must, wrongly or rightly, assume he doesnt.

tires huh? making excuses for em eh? they can tub if they need to, but i suppose according to you i should grow up and not provide alternatives measures to your mountain of facts...

most run stock tires eh? most being what? stock rsxs with fart cans and aem intakes. or most being turbocharged ones, which are most definetly the minority within the import scene.

obviously you have no clue what a 6 speed ls1 is like from a roll, because you would promptly refute that baseless statement. its called torque, and the honda bitch mobile will need gobs of it to win any race against an ls1 or a gt or an evo or an sti.

wheel hop. i will give you that one. its bad. but i dont care. dont buy a fwd car if it bothers you so much.

given the fact that despite the turbo's size, 6-7 pounds of boost is not GIVING them a whole lot of TORQUE. further more, the disadvantage in shear cubic inches and the difference in under the curve power even with the little pea shooter is more than substantial. argue that all you wont and i will promptly shoot all your theories down, because a 2.0 liter that n/a makes NO torque and makes peak hp at 7800 rpms is LOSING ITS ASS. and 6 pounds of boost wont change that fact.

unless this "custom engine tuning" constitutes an influx of 100 rwhp at 3000 rpms, i think its safe to assume that:

1. i am infact "grown up"

2. never underestimate your enemy...unless you know what they are running and it isnt anything to be in a tizzy over.

3. no fart cans will be in an ls1s face unless the turbo is the size of my tallywhacker. (which is, for measurement purposes, 101 mm in diameter)

now, im gonna go wipe the gay off me, because its pretty sticky in this thread.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Silver

wow i saw that one coming from a mile away

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    i love you????

i'll stop for the next year.....

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Well put, I agree with everything you say about an ls1 being a monster compared to a little girls rsx.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

so from what everyone is saying.... is i dont need these gears to beat this rsx?? i will beat it with just my lt ory and exhaust???

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i love you????

i'll stop for the next year.....

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    oh you young'ns....(even though im 19)

must we always seem afraid when a ricer tells you the infamous statement "im getting a turbo"? but if you must be reassured, lets go over a few things shall we?

firstly, this is a k20 vtec you are "up against".

201 hp @ 7800 rpm
    6 speed manual transmission

incase these numbers didnt kick you square in the junk in terms of all out raw power, then you may be wondering what 7 psi of boost would do.

welp, that is very low boost for a 4 cylinder, because they have an extreme disadvantage in cubes, thus compensating with more compressed air is the ticket. now i would say that he may squeeze 40 horse out of this give or take a few, and by my calculations he may just be over 220 WHEEL hp.

that 201 is at the crank up there boys, remember?

this so called "power" comes on way up there at 7800 rpms, and it will still peak around the same area with the good ole hairdryer.

notice that i dont have torque specs listed for this car....
    thats because i couldnt find them, because torque doesnt exist in a honda platform.

i wish i had the energy to hit you with what little sweet technical things i know about turbos but it would be an excellent waste of time.

if you dont think you can beat him, then god have mercy on your soul son.
    i love this guy...i shall learn more from this man

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    so from what everyone is saying.... is i dont need these gears to beat this rsx?? i will beat it with just my lt ory and exhaust???
    Yup. You should kill him.

Black
    99 Camaro SS

Alright lets make this clear once and for all....most likely its a shit turbo job...B34M3R is right though if its a good turbo job these cars can run 12's on 7psi and drag radials. Now of course he won't have drag radials in a street race but there is potential for these cars to come out of the gate quick.

Lets also keep in mind a well driven stock LS1 is low 13's....I've seen idiots who can't shift run them as high as 14.5....

On the street anything can happen and it only takes an average driven ls1 vs a well turbo'd 4 banger driven well to get beat...

And a fully bolted internal type s well driven can hit 13's on the track....

So all in all the odds are in your favor but its not uncommon to get beat by any well appointed F/I car....

Pewter
    2000 z28

Alright lets make this clear once and for all....most likely its a shit turbo job...B34M3R is right though if its a good turbo job these cars can run 12's on 7psi and drag radials. Now of course he won't have drag radials in a street race but there is potential for these cars to come out of the gate quick.

Lets also keep in mind a well driven stock LS1 is low 13's....I've seen idiots who can't shift run them as high as 14.5....

On the street anything can happen and it only takes an average driven ls1 vs a well turbo'd 4 banger driven well to get beat...

And a fully bolted internal type s well driven can hit 13's on the track....

So all in all the odds are in your favor but its not uncommon to get beat by any well appointed F/I car....
    i hate to do it but i must respectfully disagree because i dont think 6 pounds of boost will matter if it blowing into a 4 cylinder. heres why.

now i understand this may be stretching things a bit but bare with me. i had me a good ole dsm. awd turbo. i had a 16g and ran 16 psi. i got waxed by an ls1 camaro, which is one of the only cars i ever lost to in that thing at the track and on the street. that eclipse ran about a 13.1 respectively.

sure it weighed alot more but it had an engine built for boost and a bigger than stock turbo (not much mind you) and awd (which means nothing if you go from a roll, but why would you?). i know for a cold fact that 7 pounds of boost means nothing because after my second 16g blew out i had a stockish turbo only running 7 pounds. i was getting beaten by gt's, which never happened before that.

honest to god i dont think he has near the torque to even make this a race, and that still stands even if he has a smaller turbo that can net him a bit of low end.

i could see an rsx with a hairdryer running 12.9, so i wont argue that. but this is a 6 speed ls1 with little mods. he's squarely in the 12s, where as you'd really have to have some kind of newer cv shafts and suspension to pull into the 12s with a light front driver like that, in my opinion.

we will just agree to disagree and thats cool with me man.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    IDK man, he might get you on the ricer fly by

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information