Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Does anyone know the specs..

This is a discussion on Does anyone know the specs.. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; On an acura rsx with turbo... probably boostin around 6-7 pounds... I hate the bulletins just as much as the ...

  1. #1
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    Does anyone know the specs..

    On an acura rsx with turbo... probably boostin around 6-7 pounds...

    I hate the bulletins just as much as the next guy, i just need to know because there is one in my scool now and i dont want to race him without knowing what im going up against. How do you think i would do?

  2. #2
    Ricekiller z28punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    509

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

    6-7 psi is pretty weak, but they can get maybe high 13's. IM GUESSING but i think honda products need a lot of boost to get fast. run em and let us know. it cant hurt anything other than your driving record

  3. #3
    Junior Member Neenjah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    64

    Silverstone Metallic
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    if its stock you shouldnt have a problem.

  4. #4
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    Its def not stock. Its an RSX- type s , then he added a turbo, they dont come with them..

  5. #5
    Damn Site Crash Commie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Linwood PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    113

    Black
    99 Camaro SS

    13's easy. With full bolt on's they hit high 13's...I wouldn't be racing a turbo rsx without some good mods. It should be 300+ horses to the ground easy. Some are even running 500 with forged internals.

  6. #6
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    well im going to do 4.10's in a few days and i have lt and ory along with the loudmouth exhaust. should i be okay?

  7. #7
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    I hope so, last year towards the end of the year this guy had an RSX type S also but and got a turbo. He said he would put on the turbo during the summer. School starts here in a few weeks still, right now no car but i hope not long after school starts or before I want to get a new LS1

  8. #8
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    oh you young'ns....(even though im 19)

    must we always seem afraid when a ricer tells you the infamous statement "im getting a turbo"? but if you must be reassured, lets go over a few things shall we?

    firstly, this is a k20 vtec you are "up against".

    201 hp @ 7800 rpm
    6 speed manual transmission

    incase these numbers didnt kick you square in the junk in terms of all out raw power, then you may be wondering what 7 psi of boost would do.

    welp, that is very low boost for a 4 cylinder, because they have an extreme disadvantage in cubes, thus compensating with more compressed air is the ticket. now i would say that he may squeeze 40 horse out of this give or take a few, and by my calculations he may just be over 220 WHEEL hp.

    that 201 is at the crank up there boys, remember?

    this so called "power" comes on way up there at 7800 rpms, and it will still peak around the same area with the good ole hairdryer.

    notice that i dont have torque specs listed for this car....
    thats because i couldnt find them, because torque doesnt exist in a honda platform.

    i wish i had the energy to hit you with what little sweet technical things i know about turbos but it would be an excellent waste of time.

    if you dont think you can beat him, then god have mercy on your soul son.

  9. #9
    I need some money huggerls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    chandler az
    Age
    33
    Posts
    165

    hugger orange
    1999 camaro ss

    dont think just cuz they come stock with no power means they arent fast. they have a good power to weight ratio, plus a friend of mine has one with heads, cam and full exhaust and custom engine tuning and he is running high 12s so im not sure of the turbo but they are quick if properly built

  10. #10
    Senior Member OnEbAdReDSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Puyallup
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

    I raced a K20 with a turbo in a civic hatch he was running 11 pounds of boost... he ran a 13.2 i beat him by a car... you can beat him bad!

  11. #11
    Senior Member OnEbAdReDSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Puyallup
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,416

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

    a type s just means a K20 vtec i put 7 cars on them... now with 40 hp... hmmm i can put about 4-5
    Last edited by OnEbAdReDSS; 08-09-2007 at 11:41 AM.

  12. #12
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by huggerls1 View Post
    dont think just cuz they come stock with no power means they arent fast. they have a good power to weight ratio, plus a friend of mine has one with heads, cam and full exhaust and custom engine tuning and he is running high 12s so im not sure of the turbo but they are quick if properly built
    actually that is what you think because its true. anything is quick properly built, we in the domestic community deal with fast....

    if by good power to weight you mean no weight and no power, then i guess youre right....

    a full exhaust on a 4 banger may add ~10 hp to the wheels. cams would add maybe ~20 and the head would add another ~20. being that i cant even find aftermarket heads on google for the k20, i cant get specific numbers to be expected.

    what does CUSTOM engine tuning mean exactly?

    these fwd cars arent fast, so i dont care what you think youre buddy is running. what kind of suspension does he have? he doesnt have wheel hop?

    what does your buddy trap?

    anyway you cut it, those cars are sucky. who gives a shit about the fact that they weigh 2840 lbs, they have no torque!!!

  13. #13
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    actually that is what you think because its true. anything is quick properly built, we in the domestic community deal with fast....

    if by good power to weight you mean no weight and no power, then i guess youre right....

    a full exhaust on a 4 banger may add ~10 hp to the wheels. cams would add maybe ~20 and the head would add another ~20. being that i cant even find aftermarket heads on google for the k20, i cant get specific numbers to be expected.

    what does CUSTOM engine tuning mean exactly?

    these fwd cars arent fast, so i dont care what you think youre buddy is running. what kind of suspension does he have? he doesnt have wheel hop?

    what does your buddy trap?

    anyway you cut it, those cars are sucky. who gives a shit about the fact that they weigh 2840 lbs, they have no torque!!!
    horsepower is what sells cars.....torque is what moves em. I agree totally with you, it shouldn't be a problem unless he somehow has 20k under the hood alone.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by huggerls1 View Post
    dont think just cuz they come stock with no power means they arent fast. they have a good power to weight ratio, plus a friend of mine has one with heads, cam and full exhaust and custom engine tuning and he is running high 12s so im not sure of the turbo but they are quick if properly built
    So, I wonder what my car would run if I put on different heads, camshaft and custom engine tuning. I already have full exhaust. Maybe I would be in the 11s? I just don't understand why people want a FWD race car, with a 4 cylinder engine no less!

  15. #15
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Well what worried me is that the RSX type S runs low 14s right? Thats with like LT1 area, I figured if you slap a turbo on an LT1 it would take the LS1...or do I have it completly wrong?

  16. #16
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Wow never mind I feel really dumb now, I just did a little more research on the RSX type S and they run high 14s. Never mind, yea guy that started this thread, you have nothing to worry about

  17. #17
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    i say ls1 ftw

  18. #18
    Damn Site Crash Commie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Linwood PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    113

    Black
    99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    oh you young'ns....(even though im 19)

    must we always seem afraid when a ricer tells you the infamous statement "im getting a turbo"? but if you must be reassured, lets go over a few things shall we?

    firstly, this is a k20 vtec you are "up against".

    201 hp @ 7800 rpm
    6 speed manual transmission

    incase these numbers didnt kick you square in the junk in terms of all out raw power, then you may be wondering what 7 psi of boost would do.

    welp, that is very low boost for a 4 cylinder, because they have an extreme disadvantage in cubes, thus compensating with more compressed air is the ticket. now i would say that he may squeeze 40 horse out of this give or take a few, and by my calculations he may just be over 220 WHEEL hp.

    that 201 is at the crank up there boys, remember?

    this so called "power" comes on way up there at 7800 rpms, and it will still peak around the same area with the good ole hairdryer.

    notice that i dont have torque specs listed for this car....
    thats because i couldnt find them, because torque doesnt exist in a honda platform.

    i wish i had the energy to hit you with what little sweet technical things i know about turbos but it would be an excellent waste of time.

    if you dont think you can beat him, then god have mercy on your soul son.
    If he's running a greddy kit fine your looking at about 50-60 flywheel but with stock internals the HKS kit or Rev Hard kit will get you close to 75-100 horses flywheel...

    I drove a 04 type S before I bought my spec v....the big difference was torque...so the assumption that the torque in these cars is a joke is correct....going from ls1 to that wasn't possible for me....

    Wheelhop can be eliminated through motor mounts and a torque dampener. The spec v has the worst wheelhop I've ever seen and its barely there now. That all told might cost him $200 installed so I'd assume with the turbo kit he'd have enough sense to invest in those two things.

    For example here is one turbo'd correctly...and on a mustang dyno no less

    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/736293

  19. #19
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post
    If he's running a greddy kit fine your looking at about 50-60 flywheel but with stock internals the HKS kit or Rev Hard kit will get you close to 75-100 horses flywheel...

    I drove a 04 type S before I bought my spec v....the big difference was torque...so the assumption that the torque in these cars is a joke is correct....going from ls1 to that wasn't possible for me....

    Wheelhop can be eliminated through motor mounts and a torque dampener. The spec v has the worst wheelhop I've ever seen and its barely there now. That all told might cost him $200 installed so I'd assume with the turbo kit he'd have enough sense to invest in those two things.

    For example here is one turbo'd correctly...and on a mustang dyno no less

    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/736293
    i can dig all that shit. the srt 4 has some of the worst wheel hop ive personally seen, but i can see the spec being bad too.

    most of the young punks out dont even touch the internals it seems like, so im calling bullshit on him having 75 more horse, but you could very well be right.

    the ls1 has nothing to worry about, he'll be peaking and the ss will have all ready finished and went home....

  20. #20
    Damn Site Crash Commie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Linwood PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    113

    Black
    99 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i can dig all that shit. the srt 4 has some of the worst wheel hop ive personally seen, but i can see the spec being bad too.

    most of the young punks out dont even touch the internals it seems like, so im calling bullshit on him having 75 more horse, but you could very well be right.

    the ls1 has nothing to worry about, he'll be peaking and the ss will have all ready finished and went home....
    Most likely your right...he's an idiot that slapped on a turbo and chirped going into third and thinks he is the shit now.

    If he acts like an idiot in normal day to day your looking at a bad build. If he acts normal and doesn't run his mouth this could very well be a well built car.

    I get the best of all worlds owning an import for a dd...the ss for summers...and a 69 chevelle for weekends...so I see all types of idiots and all types of well built stock looking cars...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need specs on this cam
    By 95camaroZNC in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 09:53 PM
  2. cam specs
    By RedHot99T/A in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM
  3. CAM specs
    By Gohard in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
  4. GM Specs my ass
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 06:40 PM
  5. LS7 cam specs
    By Wheeler99WS6 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •