View Poll Results: Your thoughts are...

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who cares! At least mine looks good!

21 20.79%
  • Do you need help with that thing? I know a little on the topic...

14 13.86%
  • Fix it dude, your giving my car a bad name!

52 51.49%
  • Resto in progress?

14 13.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dirty, Dented Camaros

This is a discussion on Dirty, Dented Camaros within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JonB White trash is the first thing that comes to mind usually. That shoulds kinda harsh but ...

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    White trash is the first thing that comes to mind usually. That shoulds kinda harsh but around here its true. Every time a see a beat up or just dirty camaro its white trash in it.
    Hey man that sounds a bit judgemental. Not everyone can wash their car everyday nor do we all have garages to keep them to in order to keep them spotless.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

My buddy had a 25th anniversary edition and when he bought it the engine was entirely rebuilt and chromed out. I've always wanted a car like that. It was show time. His buddy tried to give him the hookup and sold it for $500 bucks, on payments $150 down. New headers, cams, true dual. All that needed to be done was to fasten the seats and dashboard back together. In his mind all he sees is a 500 dollar car that squeals tires. Four months later he traps me in the car and takes off. Not a single screw had been twisted in. I'm informed that some other collector stole things out of the car to finish his own. I'm thinking to myself, "Good for him. Can't blame him!" When the cop finally stops us I hear those words, "Tell me why I shouldn't impound this car right now!" Then wrote a ticket because at this point the wiring was fried and goober had no guages. "No sir I don't know how fast I was going!" He actually takes the dash off and shows it to him. I asked the cop if he could make him screw in the dash and he laughed. Eventually a single part broke and he sold it. I wasn't around or I would have jumped on that. This was a car somebody else tried to rebuild and short of a couple of screws they did it. They even put new upholstery in it this crazy pimped out purple fabric on a black camaro! It was a tragedy.
    Last edited by ezwip; 06-06-2008 at 02:32 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

What's tragic is seeing one of those ragged out ones and the owner is making payments on it. I'm thankful I have good vehicles and no payments.

It really depends on what direction the person is going with his (or her) life. If he's working through a rough time, sticking to a plan to get out of his 'situation' (making sure it is temporary), then that's highly respectable. On the other hand, if the person lives just like his car looks, and doesn't care, that's a much different story (and sad one at that). And if he has children, it is really sad for them.

der König des CyaLataBye the shag's Avatar

Onyx Black
    02 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    I makes me more sad to see one riced out with gay graphics and 747 wings than it does to see one a little roughed up. Least the ones that are roughed up belong to someone whos driving it and cant afford to fix it properly. The others are morons who need to have their F-Body keys revoked and sat down into a civic or accord.

(end rant)
    Heard that brother. Look at what mexicans did to my Z. Unfortunately, the damage is being undone slowly on my budget.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by the shag View Post
    Heard that brother. Look at what mexicans did to my Z. Unfortunately, the damage is being undone slowly on my budget.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    White trash is the first thing that comes to mind usually. That shoulds kinda harsh but around here its true. Every time a see a beat up or just dirty camaro its white trash in it.
    Same thing here, I haven't seen a real nice one around here in quite some time...most of them are trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Hey man that sounds a bit judgemental. Not everyone can wash their car everyday nor do we all have garages to keep them to in order to keep them spotless.
    I don't have a garage and mine stays mint, it's no excuse.

sebring silver
    2002 z28

I would rather look at a primed or slightly dinged fbody than a riced out civic or other import with a rear deck spoiler two stories high,and a tail pipe that looks like it came off a MTA bus. But if you have a decent paint job you should at least wash it and show people you are proud of you ride.Mine gets washed every week since I got it almost 2 years ago.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I wash my fbody nearly 3 or 4 times a week. The interior stays immaculant and when something breaks I will go and buy it. Mines got a lot of quarter panel flex and a lot of DD swirls and scratches and dulling paint but ITS A RESTO IN PROGRESS!!!! Paint is the last step!

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I just think, "damn, what a shame." I get excited when I see another F-body but 9 times out of 10 it's a V6 4th gen or a beat up 3rd gen. I have seen some exquisite 3rd gens though. I know it's old and might be slow, but when a car looks good I can appreciate the time, money and sacrifice that went into it.

Black
    1995 Trans am

Everytime I go to my wife's grandparents house I see a Corvette (about late 80's early 90s)...sitting infront of a house, windows down, dirt all over, now someone even hit it so it has a broken fender and stuff...a tear drops down my face everytime...I cant see the pics so I cant comment on the OP

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by the shag View Post
    mexicans lol the only thing i did to mine were halos, billet grill, tires, plugs and wires. it didnt come out nasty at all. its not a mexican thing, its a disease and diseases know no color. fyi i see more white and asian people in ricers than anything else here in vegas. the asian thing is expected in my mind though. and for those who missed the implications im mexican.
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    mexicans lol the only thing i did to mine were halos, billet grill, tires, plugs and wires. it didnt come out nasty at all. its not a mexican thing, its a disease and diseases know no color. fyi i see more white and asian people in ricers than anything else here in vegas. the asian thing is expected in my mind though. and for those who missed the implications im mexican.
    You type pretty good english for a Mexican. Most Mexicans here in the US can't speak or write english.

Black
    1995 Trans am

really, Johns00Z28?? Most mexicans I have met are very well educated, yes they are those (like in every race or nationality) that cannot even speak or write enligsh (or their first language) to save their lives...I am mexican and your comment sounded a little racist.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Really, well educated Mexicans? Is that an oxymoron? You must be including yourself in those who can't write well.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am & 2000 C5

We digress, the dented cars remember? I used to drive a pre-beat '78 Camaro. I did some things, replaced smashed front end, cammed it, shot it flat black because of mismatched body parts, and brakes. Ended up looking not so terrible and was strong. I had no paint money to put into my $300 car, so I drove it that way for a few years. Salt had already got far enough in that it wasn't really a good restore candidate. They can still be fun to drive, and money is probably why they don't look great.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

No Money= Why they arent immaculant
    Loan for mods FTW!

(my rear is about toast)

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    First off..NO DISRESPECT to all the 3rd gen owners. But I see more of that gen Camaros on the road that are beaters simply due to the fact that they are gettin on in years, and are getting cheaper for a lot of people to purchase. Not being taken proper care of, bla bla bla. It saddens me that when I say I own a Camaro to people, I hope that that isn't what pops into their heads. We've all seen that one like the car down the street from me that is that base model Camaro (3rd gen) that's a off yellowish green color and no one's washed it for 7 years, whats left of the paint is history, and you think to yourself, that was actually a brand new car one day, and had that new car smell and everything. Someone was proud of it, and showed it off to all their friends.
    I know what you mean. I occasionally think those kind of thoughts about my 3rd gen and it rewards me with something else breaking or failing.

For example (and this is what lead to me getting the 98), I was looking at the car thinking to myself "When this was a new car I bet it was a happy car". It rewarded me with the draw down hatch mechanism malfunctioning. That was the last straw!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28, Bolt-Ons

Makes me wanna roll down my window and tell them to get their sh*** together!

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Two things come to mind for me. Either the person doesn't care about the F-Body, or that he / she might not have the money for parts and or paint. I also get pissed off inside though, just for the fact that its an F-Body and it doesn't look as nice as it should..but I still understand if they don't have the money right away. If they don't like it they should give it to someone who does, like me.
    Generally as for them being dirty, anytime I see my car getting just alittle dirty, I clean it till its nice and shinny again...but if I see another F-Body really dirty (more then usual), then I think the person probably doesn't give a sh*t.

Secondly :

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    I bought a Trans Am so I could get looks and performance
    Me too!...but I understand the sleeper mentality in some peoples heads.

Black
    1995 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    but if I see another F-Body really dirty (more then usual), then I think the person probably doesn't give a sh*t.
    On my way to work when I first got my T/A I saw an exact same one so I stopped by to check it out, it was dirty, dirty, way dirty...so I said "oh its the middle of the week, maybe this weekend he'll wash it" next week same thing dirty as hell...ok so dirty that my faded paint car looked better than his...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information