Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Different front grills on 2002 Camaro SS 35th LE?

I've seen many different front grills on these Camaros, but which one is considered to be the "stock" grill? Guessing there's more than one option from the factory?
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition
    Vert M6
    SLP CAI
    Hooker Super Comp Ceramic Coated LT's
    3" Ebay Catted Hooker Y-Pipe
    SLP Loudmouth I Center Mount with SLP tips

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

There is only one stock grill for the LE's. It is all black and says "Camaro" in silver on it.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

This is the grille that most if not all camaro's come with.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

There is an anniversary LE grille that matches the checkered flags running down the hood. This was a grille sold by SLP. It is no longer available, just like the LE rims.

I have both grilles as I bought the SLP one.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Thanks for the clarification guys. Learn more and more everyday.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

SLP Option Grille for LE's not sold anymore. I don't have any pics of my car with the stock grille on it.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Yeah, I'd definitely go with that grille if I had the option to get it. Looks extremely nice with the stripes. Gorgeous ride.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Thanks Sir. If you look hard enough, you can probably find one. If not, you can probably have one painted to mimic it. The grille itself is painted red, but the gray portion is stickers just like on the hood.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    SLP Option Grille for LE's not sold anymore. I don't have any pics of my car with the stock grille on it.
    Click for full size
    It looks like Lightning Mcqueens brother. I keep waiting for the voice of Luke Wilson to come out of the front.

I love that look.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

The easiest way to get an LE grille ( the red SLP one) is to buy one of the SLP grilles with silver SS on it and have it painted red and then hope to God you can find a vinyl that will match the factory stripes.

If you are looking for the stock one you can always order it from GM Parts Direct. I believe they still have them and then order the silver inserts that came standard on the LE's.

I am wanting to do this to mine but I also have to replace my front fascia stripes because when previous owner had nose repainted they used shitty vinyl and also stopped it to look like the stripes on a PE.

Good luck with the grille hunt.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

From the looks of it, that is the only option at the moment. Have to completely repaint the SLP one and custom make the stripes. Highly doubt there's an actual decal for a grille like that. I'm assuming the one that came from SLP originally was painted as well?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02SS35th View Post
    From the looks of it, that is the only option at the moment. Have to completely repaint the SLP one and custom make the stripes. Highly doubt there's an actual decal for a grille like that. I'm assuming the one that came from SLP originally was painted as well?
    The one from SLP came painted red and had the vinyl already on it. The only thing you had to do was install the "SS" sticker on it.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Thanks a lot for the help. This looks like it will be a fun project. I might try getting the black grille with the silver trim and repainting. Sometimes you want to just smack the previous owner for changing certain things.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well that SLP grille wouldn't have came on the car anyway, but he did sell the LE wheels

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Well that SLP grille wouldn't have came on the car anyway, but he did sell the LE wheels
    Everyone knows that grille SHOULD have been the stock grille on all of them. It just looks so clean with the stripes. How could you resist?

Edit: Yeah, the Z06 replica wheels that are peeling. Nice change.......

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02SS35th View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help. This looks like it will be a fun project. I might try getting the black grille with the silver trim and repainting. Sometimes you want to just smack the previous owner for changing certain things.
    you can always remove the front grill completely and get the holes filled in and repainted i did. some like the look some dont

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by davidz28 View Post
    you can always remove the front grill completely and get the holes filled in and repainted i did. some like the look some dont
    Click for full size
    That actually does look pretty good with your car. I think that Red and Striped grille is hard for me to pass up just because I've got an LE.

SS # 4436
    02 Camaro SS 35th LE

This is a little off topic. I have a 35th LE and I checked the VIN, never been in an accident and it has the 35th LE option so it's not a fake. When I bought it it had the stock Camaro grill and rear bumper(no silver camaro inlay) and my strips on the hood only go 3/4 of the way to the windshield. It's supposed to go all the way. I cant figure out how to post a picture so look at my profile picture to see the car.

I guess i'm asking if anyone knows why my strips would be different than normal if no work has been done to the car? Thanks.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

Well, the decals for the 35th anniversary are sold all over the place, but never have I seen ones stop short like that. Might want to look into getting full sized ones because mine definitely go up to the windshield. My only guess is there could have been hoodwork done maybe? Or a new repainted hood and the aftermarket decal wasn't long enough? Sounds strange, but maybe the previous owner did their own work on a new hood for it. That's all I can think of really.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02ssmaro View Post
    This is a little off topic. I have a 35th LE and I checked the VIN, never been in an accident and it has the 35th LE option so it's not a fake. When I bought it it had the stock Camaro grill and rear bumper(no silver camaro inlay) and my strips on the hood only go 3/4 of the way to the windshield. It's supposed to go all the way. I cant figure out how to post a picture so look at my profile picture to see the car.

I guess i'm asking if anyone knows why my strips would be different than normal if no work has been done to the car? Thanks.
    I can tell you right now, all vinyl decals for the real 35th LE cars went all the way up. The Camaro insert in the rear bumper hatch was also gray.

I would call SLP and give them your VIN # to see if you car is a real LE or has or not. Appears to me that someone converted it, or tried to...

Thread Information