Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deal or Bad Deal?

This is a discussion on Deal or Bad Deal? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; "Joe Dirt Mobile" "Indiana Car" "Hillbilly Ride" "Confederate Mobile" They all spell JEALOUSY... Hard top, T-Top, Convertible, You NAME IT... ...

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

"Joe Dirt Mobile"
    "Indiana Car"
    "Hillbilly Ride"
    "Confederate Mobile"

They all spell JEALOUSY... Hard top, T-Top, Convertible, You NAME IT... People are just jealous that they would look like assholes in a Camaro and we pull it off so well...

People who don't understand cars are ignorant... That is the ONLY case in which Ignorance in NOT Bliss... other then that, I'm a happy moron...
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

I'm workin on it...

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    yeah an r1 is one damn mean machine, my buddys goes 107mph in first gear, theyre stupid fast but i do love pullin up the front wheel at a 120mph

ive been riding bikes for a few years now, i have a 06 cbr 600, f4i lol its a hunk of shit,, my good buddy has an r1 that i used to ride regularly, i quit riding thour after my best friend took a digger and didnt live to tell the story, so i said fuck bikes im done
    Sorry to hear that man, I had a buddy that was killed about a month ago on his ninja. he was just cruisin down the street enjoyin the ride, when some dumb ass kid in a pick up pulled out in front of him... He was wearin full leathers and a snell approved full face helmet... He didn't die of head trauma, but chest trauma. He actually survived and was fully concious as you could be in that situation for about 5 minutes before his lungs filled with blood and he drowned basically... Made me think long and hard about sellin it, I still haven't made up my mind. What really pissed me off was that he was one of the greatest people I've ever met. Always positive, always helpin people out, never ever ever drove or rode crazy in any way, and his life was taken because of the stupidity of another person

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Two reasons to wait: First..You MUST get a Camaro with the T-tops, I love the summer months here in Washington just for that reason alone. Second, it's a '99, try to score a later year that has the LS6 manifold, so when you want to performannce mod it, it's one less thing you'll have to buy, unless you go crazy, and get a FAST manifold. Plus..the price is a bit high.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

There are other manifolds that worl great and are cheap, i saw a BBK go for 295 on this site which is less than a ls6 intake and i think it looks way better, better hp gains aswell

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by NeverDieEasy View Post
    Sorry to hear that man, I had a buddy that was killed about a month ago on his ninja. he was just cruisin down the street enjoyin the ride, when some dumb ass kid in a pick up pulled out in front of him... He was wearin full leathers and a snell approved full face helmet... He didn't die of head trauma, but chest trauma. He actually survived and was fully concious as you could be in that situation for about 5 minutes before his lungs filled with blood and he drowned basically... Made me think long and hard about sellin it, I still haven't made up my mind. What really pissed me off was that he was one of the greatest people I've ever met. Always positive, always helpin people out, never ever ever drove or rode crazy in any way, and his life was taken because of the stupidity of another person
    yeah. my buddy rode a little crazy, wheelies the usual you know, but the fucked thing was he was a awesome person too, he wasnt even 21 yet, i went to uti with him, he was a ase master tech, and a technician for porsche, he was about 2 or 3 classes from becoming a porsche master tech, he took every class and got an a, this guy was on his way last year to make 65-75k his first year, he had a gift for cars, he had a phiance or fiance and a house, and one day on a ride up the canyon we really dont know what happened but he didnt make it around this turn, which he should have, anyways no one else was hurt in his accident thank god, i wasnt riding with him that day but the guy that was was behind him, he was on his third bike a bran new cbr rr 1000 , he put it up for sale the next day. as did i. shit like that makes you realize how much can go wrong, on anything but bikes are a one waay ticket to trouble or injury,

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Good point TA/Guru, and you are correct, there are many manifolds out there that work as well as, if not better than the STOCK LS6 manifold, my point was if he could find a T-top car, which was what he was looking for, and find one at a similar price, or better, and that happened to be a 01 or later, then the icing on the cake would be the LS6 manifold. Fore going the need to spend even $295.00 That was all I was pointing out.

I'm workin on it...

thanks guys, i'll just wait for a cat that i'm 100% happy with

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

I got my 2000 Camaro SS in Tucson, Az for $13,000 in May 07. 35K miles, tint, leather, M6 w/slp skip shift, one owner a retired guy , t-tops. That was exactly what I wanted so I jumped on it quick. I flew out from northern ca and drove the car back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information