Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Dead Future Camaros

This is a discussion on Dead Future Camaros within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Like I said, you know a one year run of this vehicle will surely increased the MSRP based on rareness. ...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink

Like I said, you know a one year run of this vehicle will surely increased the MSRP based on rareness. You have to admit, the Camaro body is of more interest than that of the recent GTO. I feel a vehicle model needs to run for at least 4 years..... can you imagine the limited aftermarket part production. It needs to be worth while for anyone to produce.

A flex plant still needs to be worthwhile for the company to invest and maintain. Not like the GTO or the Implala will make big sales or anything ...... we know how that turned out for Pontiac. Once again GM dropped the freakin ball by not properly designing the GTO shell with lack and luster! Can you imagine how that would have changed the GTO sales and its continual production.

MPG are going up for trucks to meet various standards.... you would think that it gives room for the V8 to make some combustion, but I doubt that. The requirement will more than likely take hold to all. Just think, why are V12 Lambos not regulated in the same way? The majority can't afford them, and even if you did, it would not be the Daily Driver. So, if you stack the deck the same way, raised the V8 Camaro pricing to reduce the ownership. I apologize for speaking out of my ass, but that is what I see.

Hopefully things will go our way so that we can pick up one...still hate the limited aftermarket production though! Imagine how much parts would run for if production is just for a year? Ouch! You would be looking at a luxury sport vehicle my man!
    Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    The Camaro is a go nothing has changed. Even this fake article states that. What it claims is that the price will be Vette territory for the high end V8's etc.

The Oshwa plant is under way as we speak and it is a flex plant set to produce the Camaro, G8, G8 ute and possibly a 4 door GMC ute spin off plus a myriad of others. Even if it makes a one year run only (not likely but just saying) it is almost here and will be made. Cafe will not stop that. The only lines that got the axe was the RWD Impala, and GTO which were in the plans untill the CAFE implementation.

Other vehicles like the Volt, turbo diesels, hybrid and flex fuel vehicles helps to bring the average up while leaving room to play with a few models such as the Vette and Camaro. With trucks currently hitting the mid 20's and mroe fuel saving tech on the way for them there is not much needed to meet the current levels especially with several vehicles in the lineup already rated at 30 mpg and above.
    Last edited by matthewaqui; 02-08-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down GM- CHEVY Top Dog!

Read this and you know where Chevy is heading:

GM'S CHEVY A GO FOR GREEN AT START OF L.A. AUTO SHOW
    General Motors Corp. will make Chevrolet, its best-selling brand, the center of an urgent attempt to cast the automaker as a progressive, environmentally friendly company to consumers worldwide.

ADVERTISEMENT

The approach will involve a massive, worldwide marketing campaign and a lineup of vehicles that uses a variety of fuel-saving technologies -- including some that have yet to be created.

As part of the announcement, GM debuted its gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado, the nation's first hybrid pickup. GM plans to eventually offer a green version of virtually every Chevy model.

The centerpiece of the effort is the Chevrolet Volt, GM's much-hyped, ambitious attempt at a plug-in hybrid car introduced at the Detroit auto show in January. There's also a fleet of 100 hydrogen-powered Chevy Equinox SUVs being tested in New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. And GM will announce today a deal with the Walt Disney Co. to use 10 more fuel-cell-powered Equinoxes to shuttle workers and others at Disney facilities in California.

Both the Volt and the fuel cell project, however, remain veiled in uncertainty. GM is still working to develop a lithium-ion battery durable and affordable enough to power a Volt for the mass market, and an infrastructure for hydrogen vehicles does not yet exist. [11/15/07]

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Originally Posted by Fbodfather
    All purely conjecture on the part of the author.

Oshawa will be a flex-plant -- so we'll be able to build other vehicles in that plant.

CAFE changes everything...........but right now, no one on the outside knows what we're going to do...........

Spoken from an real GM insider who has real say so.

Anything else printed at the time is as he said conjecture.

There is 12 years to bring a corporate average of 28.03 (07 NHTSA figures) to 35. That leaves plenty of room and time especially with all the new vehicles comming out green. I worry not for the Camaro at this time. With so much invested to date and confirmations that it is still a go. I see where you are comming from but as stated this whole thread is based on an article from someone talking out of their rear to begin with. Nothing has changed everyone is speculating beyond that.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Time Will Tell

Thanks for the correspondant brother. Let's cross our fingers and let time tell for nothing is ever for sure in this economy where Revenue is king.

Good weekend,
    Matttttttttt

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Originally Posted by Fbodfather
    All purely conjecture on the part of the author.

Oshawa will be a flex-plant -- so we'll be able to build other vehicles in that plant.

CAFE changes everything...........but right now, no one on the outside knows what we're going to do...........

Spoken from an real GM insider who has real say so.

Anything else printed at the time is as he said conjecture.

There is 12 years to bring a corporate average of 28.03 (07 NHTSA figures) to 35. That leaves plenty of room and time especially with all the new vehicles comming out green. I worry not for the Camaro at this time. With so much invested to date and confirmations that it is still a go. I see where you are comming from but as stated this whole thread is based on an article from someone talking out of their rear to begin with. Nothing has changed everyone is speculating beyond that.
    +1.. I would have to agree.. that the camaro is still a Go..!!! If it does come out by the end of 2008/early 2009.. The 4 yr model would still fall at 2012.. which by that time, hopefully we will know if the CAFE program is gonna be into effect.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Your right, it will make current and previous cars more sought after,,,,as long as we can still buy gas for them.

The direction this country is heading is not very car friendly. I don't really hang on the whole global warming theory, we still haven't broken hundreds of high temperatures around here that were set in the 1880's, before gas engines,,,,lol. Why are all our record high temps from the late 1800's and very early 1900's????? There wasn't wide spread industry at the time,,,and cars were in there infancy... Couldn't possibly be global warming back then caused by gasoline products and polution like the government wants you to believe is the cause now..... Those that think global warming is a problem weren't in Ohio these past couple of weeks with 15 below zeerrro temps,,,lol.

Research has shown ozone depletion is a natural process that can't be stopped anyway.

Then you have the oil issues over seas as well as right here in our own back yard. Easy to solve,,,but again, politics, environmentalists make it more difficult than it has to be.

Now with the recent fuel economy rules (thanks to Busch) it's killing the current market as well. He is following in Daddy's footsteps. Just as Daddy Busch did years ago, right before coming out of office he started a big smog check uproar and signed off on it,,,,now his son is doing the same thing,,,signing off on a stringent gas bill before leaving.
    Like either of them really care how much gas we use,,,they made their millions from oil,,,go figure. All of this mentioned has had an overall affect on things that will trickle down. It has influenced alot of the general public into fear of the end of the world as we know it

I admit I don't like the looks of the new camaro, so whether it makes it to production or how much it will cost is not my concern. But this will affect the future of auto manufactures and what they have to offer,,,,I just wonder how long GM can keep the vette going before it takes a dive as well.
    Well I believe coal engines were in big time use then, which would could be a very big reason why you'd have high temperatures...anyways...i don't want to start an argument or do the research..

If any of you vote Democrat, this will only get worse. I guarantee it. You guys better get out there and vote mccain or any other republican.

Base model Camaro a V6!?? Yea right...i won't have anything to do with it.

This is real disturbing news to me. Why don't all of us drive hybrids for DD's and then have camaros...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Through the Roof

GM can't make money off of Garage Queens that's why. People purchase to make it their Daily Driver.

Hybrid is the big thing this year in case you have not seen the commercials..... hybrid trucks/suvs. Honestly, it's not bad if they can formulated a hybrid engine of such giving off the same horsepower. Look at the Tesla... the torque in that is a monster! Too bad it's 100,000 bucks and all sold out.

If the Camaro is a weekend vehicle, GM will just price it as such where we will be screwed in the purchase.

I just don't like how GM has not committed to any pricing of the model as of yet, especially to the V8 model...... those who own the V6 would not care very much.... for an 8, I feel the pricing will be through the roof ending at 40k somewhere. I state this because the Challenger price falls right there.

From a distance, I gazed at this red vehicle today...... I kept thinking it may be an owner of a Challenger. Anyone out there see the Challenger on the streets yet? I'm here in So. California.

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Well I believe coal engines were in big time use then, which would could be a very big reason why you'd have high temperatures...anyways...i don't want to start an argument or do the research..

If any of you vote Democrat, this will only get worse. I guarantee it. You guys better get out there and vote mccain or any other republican.

Base model Camaro a V6!?? Yea right...i won't have anything to do with it.

This is real disturbing news to me. Why don't all of us drive hybrids for DD's and then have camaros...

White
    2000 Z28

I would be all for a production of a high horsepower/torque hybrid engine, but that would put off the production of the camaro for a while and i want the continued legacy of LSx power, i mean the ZR1 doesn't seem to have any problem so why not get the camaro out faster before CAFE has any real affect, and they have to 2020 anyways, 4 years of production would be fine with me, so long as i got a high powered beast out of it, not some weak ass v6.

On a brighter note, Hot Rod just did a spread on the Challenger in the most recent edition.

Good looking car although I read a few uglies,,,,,it's going to weigh 4,140 lbs. and is only available with an automatic for the first year. Rumor is a 6 speed may be available for the 09 models but not confirmed yet. It's not going to be a real hardtop either due to roll over crash standards they decided on a post/sedan for the final production,,,,damn!

Others things I don't care for are the independent rear suspension with a lame 3.06 gear. Man don't these cars come with options anymore???

In any event, it's a good looking car. If I were on the market for a new car, this Challenger would be seriously considered for me, probably wait until the 09's hit and see if the manual trans is offered. That would be the final straw for me.

They said performance will be nearly the same as the SRT8,,,well duh,,,about the same weight with the same motor,,,,go figure It needs to go on a serious diet.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    hahahahah... you are a Die Hard vehicle user huh? I have two Trans Am... one is a garage queen where I want to pass onto my children..... but as I think it, why should it not be used and get wear and tear from the weather. If you love your vehicle that much, than it should be driven right?

That snow salt in your area kills underside in the long run.... right you are to move to Arizona.

I guess I just want to keep my queen new sitting in the garage. That vehicle has never seen rain at all. The underside is factory new with 11,000 miles on it. If I leave it to the children, they will probably drive the hell out of it and get more satisfaction than I.... not fair huh?

I better think about driving it.

Vroom!
    Mattttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    You bragged about owning 4 trans ams the other day. HMMMMM
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 02-11-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Smile You want to Buy?

Selling two and keeping two. Will trade my silver one in the future and not sell it. I will keep my red one. If I was lighthearted, I would get rid of them all now and not worry about maintenance. Reason I mentioned my TA then was to denote that variety is good. I honestly like the drive of my Saturn Sedan much better than that of a TA.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Selling two and keeping two. Will trade my silver one in the future and not sell it. I will keep my red one. If I was lighthearted, I would get rid of them all now and not worry about maintenance. Reason I mentioned my TA then was to denote that variety is good. I honestly like the drive of my Saturn Sedan much better than that of a TA.

Red
    2001 ws6

this is ridiculous

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information