Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dead Future Camaros

This is a discussion on Dead Future Camaros within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by matthewaqui Man, no kidding! The Vette can die too... thus the ZR-1 will survive with the price ...

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Man, no kidding! The Vette can die too... thus the ZR-1 will survive with the price of 100,000. The Lambo and Ferraris don't have problems, why not? Because their engine is unreachable by the majority. The ZR-1 will be unreachable as well.

We are freakin doom to drive sedans in the future. Those with high performance V8s will be tax higher off the road hahahahaha!

You better save up for that Tesla!
    No thanks on the Tesla or whatever thats called,,,I don't even know what that is,,,lol but in any event,,,,,I would rather pay a high tax and keep driving my V8 muscle cars. I figure I will be dead and burried before it gets that bad,,,lol.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Well, looks like Mother Mopar might get my future new car dollars cuz the Challenger is a reality - unlike the new Camaro......

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

The Last

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Well, looks like Mother Mopar might get my future new car dollars cuz the Challenger is a reality - unlike the new Camaro......
    that you can bet your dollar on for right now with certainty.... the Challenger may be the last of the big american muscle that will be in production.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Challenger Ownership

Are you willing to throw 44g in for the ownership of this vehicle?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I say GM is going to soon come to an end!! They have not produced anything in the last 5-6 years worth spending money on. The economy is always gonna complain!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Too much reading.
    But from what I read, there are killing all RWD cars? WTF?

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

i will buy used and stay in rwd cars if i have to.

Party Time, Excellent... Kingc8r's Avatar

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

We need to murd er dispose these tree hugging hippies

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

...We are freakin doom to drive sedans in the future. Those with high performance V8s will be tax higher off the road hahahahaha!

You better save up for that Tesla!
    No, we'll all end up driving golf carts around yet.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Reuse and Recycle!

errr I mean restore and rebuild!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Reuse and Recycle!

errr I mean restore and rebuild!
    They'll probably come up with a restoring permit that cost 10K to buy parts for any car more than 10 years old next.

Yep,,,and thats a good lookin' car too. Although I am a die hard GM guy,,,if I were on the new car market I would look long and hard at the new Challenger,,,and probably have one parked in the garage. It is much more to my liking than the new camaro anyway,,,GM or not.

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    i will buy used and stay in rwd cars if i have to.
    Exactly. Hang on to what you have. With the restoration business in full swing,,plus the garage full of spare parts I have. I can keep the old stuff running for many years to come, well beyond my years anyway. I'll be 70 years old and still tooling around in my 60's and 70's cars, suits me just fine. Been that way for the last 30 years, sounds like nothing will change for me.

As a matter of fact,,,this sounds just like my father still driving the GTO he bought new 39 years ago,,,lol. Like father like son I guess.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Exactly. Hang on to what you have. With the restoration business in full swing,,plus the garage full of spare parts I have. I can keep the old stuff running for many years to come, well beyond my years anyway. I'll be 70 years old and still tooling around in my 60's and 70's cars, suits me just fine. Been that way for the last 30 years, sounds like nothing will change for me.

As a matter of fact,,,this sounds just like my father still driving the GTO he bought new 39 years ago,,,lol. Like father like son I guess.
    This should work until a 16 year old chick on her cell phone totals your car for you.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

this is all why i am gonna finish my 68 mustang and drive it till on of those bozo's decides that cars should be outlawed.........too bad the politicians are more interested in sucking some tree huggers cawk than doing the right thing for the people they get elected by

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    This should work until a 16 year old chick on her cell phone totals your car for you.
    Ya that is always a huge fear of mine. Luckily I have 9 other backup cars,,,,lol. Actually though, with that fear in the back of my mind, I generally take back roads and other routes that are less traveled to stay out of heavy traffic. Never park the cars where I cannot watch them, and I never go downtown for any reason,,,lol. Anything I need is right here in town.

Sounds bizarr but I am just unique that way. I have only wrecked one about 15 years ago,,,,where some idiot crossed traffic and t-boned me in the driver side quarter. That wasn't a pretty traffic scene.

But you're right. It's always something to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by astyles View Post
    this is all why i am gonna finish my 68 mustang and drive it till on of those bozo's decides that cars should be outlawed.........too bad the politicians are more interested in sucking some tree huggers cawk than doing the right thing for the people they get elected by
    Amen,,,,I'm driving them till I die. Then passing them on to my son,,,,and hope he gets as much enjoyment out of them as I do. If they outlaw them, they can pry them out of my dead cold hands.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Are you willing to throw 44g in for the ownership of this vehicle?
    Click for full size
    If the new Camaro dies and that's what it takes then yes, I am.

It's either that or a Vette.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry Water Power

As correct as I want to admit from what you stated, we are not in control. Vehicles flow with the technology and the time. If gasoline is to be done away with for electrically charged vehicle, then it is. How will our 8 cylinders be fuel?

Registration fee, taxes, etc. can be increased for V8 owners in the future. Look at insurance, my TA premiums is higher than that of my sedan. Sucks the shit, especially when I qualify my two TA as spare vehicles, I'm not let off the hook.

The Challenger somewhat looks alright but it does not have that external appeal...... way too retro. And at the price of $40k, it chills my spine emptying your pocket book for such a vehicle.

You or someone else mentioned in this thread of keeping your vehicle until someone hits it...... that shit happen to me in my Saturn recently. The fucker pull towards my rear quarter panel and T me while I was parked in the median. He does not want to admit fault. My door splitted..... damn cars of today, so cheaply made.

But in all honesty, you don't see vehicles of 60 years ago daily on the street these days.

Screw that, I wanted an 8 cylinder vehicle that is powered by H20 delivering 400 horses.... now that is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink New or Used

If the new Camaro dies and that's what it takes then yes, I am.

It's either that or a Vette.
    You better save now and purchase a new one, or you will be left purchasing a used Challenger or Camaro.... even if they are manufacture, I believe they will be dropped from the line soon enough. It's just a little irritating us, but it's reality man.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information