Black
    99 Camaro SS

Dangit...front bumper=toast

I rarely drive my SS but yesterday I was out in DE and going down the highway when a van kicked up a large piece of bent metal in front of the SS. I have a hole in the bumper and a flat tire.

How much is a brand new bumper approx? Tire I will probably patch and replace next summer all 4. The tires aren't a big deal as they lasted since the car was made....

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by Commie View Post
    I rarely drive my SS but yesterday I was out in DE and going down the highway when a van kicked up a large piece of bent metal in front of the SS. I have a hole in the bumper and a flat tire.

How much is a brand new bumper approx? Tire I will probably patch and replace next summer all 4. The tires aren't a big deal as they lasted since the car was made....
    if you look on ebay you can get some decent prices, just watch out for the fake bumpers that don't look stock.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i just got a new bumper off of e-bay for $28.00. $65.00 shipping. $93.00 total. delivered fast and looks good. just waiting to get it on the car.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

i bought mine for 50 bux

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

they sell taiwan parts here...fenders and and bumpers are 50 bux : )...its badass..i could buy you one if you send a money order of 55....but only difference is that thier black rather than original beige

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I'm sure they are fine, but I'd be skeptical about putting a foreign and not genuine part on my car. But what do I know, the price difference might make it very smart to go with the foreign bumper. Just my thoughts on it, goodluck with your decision.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

no problems here mac ..pm me if ya need anymore help

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

look for a salvaged one off of a rear-ended car.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

hey, that shit's impossible to find. oops, wait... i just realized you got a black car, as i was. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sea...min&maxAsk=max

keep checking this, there was a guy that had a black one off of his car for $250. but his listing just ended.

it's a pain in the ass to find one. i've been looking for a silver one, because the car is faded, and i didn't want to have to get the bumper painted... and it's a pain. i found one in NY for $90. but she won't ship it, and she only takes cash.

Elizabeth Hernandez [camarofirebirdrestoration@yahoo.com]

here's the email and name for thie chick i was getting the info from. if NY isn't too far for you to drive. i hear they have different colors avail...if you go there, and you're willing to pick up that silver one for me, i'll pay for it plus shipping, and some for the trouble.

silver
    1998 Z28

and you could help out a Marine in the process... ooh rah!

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    hey, that shit's impossible to find. oops, wait... i just realized you got a black car, as i was. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sea...min&maxAsk=max

keep checking this, there was a guy that had a black one off of his car for $250. but his listing just ended.

it's a pain in the ass to find one. i've been looking for a silver one, because the car is faded, and i didn't want to have to get the bumper painted... and it's a pain. i found one in NY for $90. but she won't ship it, and she only takes cash.

Elizabeth Hernandez [camarofirebirdrestoration@yahoo.com]

here's the email and name for thie chick i was getting the info from. if NY isn't too far for you to drive. i hear they have different colors avail...if you go there, and you're willing to pick up that silver one for me, i'll pay for it plus shipping, and some for the trouble.
    why not try painting it yourself? It's pretty easy, i'm going to be painting mine, i'm just going to hang the bumper on the wall at eye level and spray it. then bolt it back on. Unless u don't have an air compressor that would be the only thing holding you back.

silver
    1998 Z28

yeah.. i don't have an air compressor, however, i think i'm going to order one, and then have it painted NBM with flames going up the side of the car.... i just need to find out how much that's going to run me for the paint.

Thread Information