2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Damn exhaust shop...

So i dropped my SS off today to get the exhaust fixed, tips were jacked up.

Anyone, I told them that I wouldn't be able to pick it back up until later that evening, so i went ahead and paid for it, and said to just leave the keys in the gas cap.

Well I got back tonight at 9 pm, cars sitting out front, no keys, anywhere.

Why would you leave the car out front, but leave the keys inside...you're basically ensuring that my car sits outside all night, unsupervised. if youre gonna keep the keys, atleast leave my car inside, protected.

Ugh...just pisses me off. I work nights, and im on the next 3, so i probably wont be able to go get it until friday, when i immediately take it to another shop to get my clutch installed.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Most people don't respect their own stuff. Much less yours. Sorry bud.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well i really think what pisses me off more than it sitting out all night, is that I may not be able to go get it period for 3 days.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I learned my lesson with my Trailblazer at a Firestone, if I leave the cars or suv for anything and am coming back afterhours I always bring the spare keys after they left mine inside and my Trailblazer outfront so I had to drive 25 min back to my house to get the spares since I liked my wheels and wanted to keep them. I wasn't so nice or quiet when I went back to get the keys and made sure the customers their new what kinda idiots were running the place.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah if i had a second set i would have brought it back home

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Did the guy offer an explination or apology. I've been on the opposite end of the stick as you in this same situation. Just flat out forgot to put the keys in someones car for an after hours pick up. They were pissed, so I definitely understand your frustrations, but it may be as simple as, he forgot. Shit happens, and no matter how much you wipe, it will always happen again.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah, thats what i figured, when i went in, they were sitting on the counter...i just got em and left...no biggie

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Did the guy offer an explination or apology. I've been on the opposite end of the stick as you in this same situation. Just flat out forgot to put the keys in someones car for an after hours pick up. They were pissed, so I definitely understand your frustrations, but it may be as simple as, he forgot. Shit happens, and no matter how much you wipe, it will always happen again.
    Ha, great line, never heard that one...

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Happened to me once, except I had a bit more on the line than not having my car for a few days.
    I left my car at a shop all day(friday) to get gears put in without my parents knowing, they called me at closing time and said it was ready to be picked up. I get there and find the shop closed, my keys and car no where in sight. At this point I was freaking out. If I came home without my car my ass would be grass, and how the hell would I come up with an excuse for not having my car all weekend!?! I mean if it was just overnight I could come up with something....provided my rims don't get jacked. Any way my bud and I are sitting on the steps of the shop for about 15min. trying to figure out what the hell to do when I hear the owner's termy from down the street. Words cannot express how happy I was to see that mustang. Turns out he left his phone, I lucked out big time.

yellow
    2004 gto

they are going to make a play toy out of you're car for the next few days...

i would never ever leave my car at a shop. i stand right there watching i dont care if they like it or not. fact is most people dont go out of their way to take care of you're stuff.. "aint mine, i dont care"

hell while back i had the oil changed in my truck and a fucking loser teen in a lube tech shirt thought he was king shit sitting in a big ole diesel with loud exhaust and just had to blip the gas a few time just to hear it eco off the walls... oh you sob ,gotta ear full!

black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

If they do use your ride for fun don't forget to post the name of shop in the rip off section. None of us want to use a shop that has a rep for letting employees joy ride customers cars

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith564` View Post
    they are going to make a play toy out of you're car for the next few days...

i would never ever leave my car at a shop. i stand right there watching i dont care if they like it or not. fact is most people dont go out of their way to take care of you're stuff.. "aint mine, i dont care"

hell while back i had the oil changed in my truck and a fucking loser teen in a lube tech shirt thought he was king shit sitting in a big ole diesel with loud exhaust and just had to blip the gas a few time just to hear it eco off the walls... oh you sob ,gotta ear full!
    I get this at about every place I take my car to get work done.At first I chewed people out but I got tired of it so I've just learned to take it as a compliment

yellow
    2004 gto

it's a respect thing

guy i work with had his truck worked on in a shop here in ga. him and his friend left and came back as his truck went out for a test drive. they fallowed the truck while it took off spining tires at stop signs and around turns. he got back to the shop with a few choice words, work was free, and they didnt bother to fire the kid who abused his truck.

i will watch closely next time i need a shop to do work. most time it's young guys with no sence behind the wheel..
    Last edited by jsmith564`; 12-12-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Thread Information