Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    '99 Z28 Conv

Cruise control issues?

I have a '99 Z28 Conv. A4 that I love but it has this really anoying problem with the cruise control.

Whenever I set or resume the cruise control, there is this distinct lag before it picks up. Ie I set it at 75, take my foot off the gas, then it slows down to around 70, then accelerates back up to 75 where I set it originally.

Ive tried to keep it at speed with the gas pedal, after I set it, hoping it is just a time lag but no dice, I have to take my foot off the gas and let it coast down about 5 MPH in order to get the cruise to actuate.

It works fine after this and stays whatever speed I set it to, so I guess I could deal if I had to, but this lag period is driving me nucking futs!

None of my mopars has ever had this problem, you hit cruise and it engages immediately, is this just a GM thing (GOD I hope not) or is my cruise malfuntioning?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

My F-150 does that...but not my SS...maybe she has Fordibulosis?

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Man even my old cable driven vacuum actuated cruise control works faster than that on my classic cars

Seriously though, neither of my 4th gens react that slow either. There may be a 1-2 mph period before it reacts. Being a computer I would think there should be no lag at all.
    Could there be slop in the cable or something causing a slight delay???? I'm just thinking outloud here.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    My F-150 does that...but not my SS...maybe she has Fordibulosis?
    Thats what you get for buying a Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by IanR View Post
    I have a '99 Z28 Conv. A4 that I love but it has this really anoying problem with the cruise control.

Whenever I set or resume the cruise control, there is this distinct lag before it picks up. Ie I set it at 75, take my foot off the gas, then it slows down to around 70, then accelerates back up to 75 where I set it originally.

Ive tried to keep it at speed with the gas pedal, after I set it, hoping it is just a time lag but no dice, I have to take my foot off the gas and let it coast down about 5 MPH in order to get the cruise to actuate.

It works fine after this and stays whatever speed I set it to, so I guess I could deal if I had to, but this lag period is driving me nucking futs!

None of my mopars has ever had this problem, you hit cruise and it engages immediately, is this just a GM thing (GOD I hope not) or is my cruise malfuntioning?
    Maybe a fluctuation between speedometer speed and wheel speed sensor speed? That would definitely F with the computer. Other than that, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Thats what you get for buying a Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge!
    ooooh... insubordinate much? Atleast it's American!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Maybe a fluctuation between speedometer speed and wheel speed sensor speed? That would definitely F with the computer. Other than that, I dunno.

ooooh... insubordinate much? Atleast it's American!
    I would rather drive a g-dam Hyundai than a FORD! And BTW....sorry Capt!
    Last edited by BADASS2000SS; 04-15-2009 at 11:55 AM.

Wow, I just didn't hear that did I???

I'd drive anything american before I jump in some foreign crap.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I've actually owned a Hyundai.... a 2007 Tiburon GS, it was a nice car (but GUTLESSSSSS), right up to the time it got flooded all the way up to the intake....the same day about 10 inches of water was standing in the first floor of my wife's job.....then we got the Ford.....and I wish I would have just driven the flooded Hyundai now

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I've actually owned a Hyundai.... a 2007 Tiburon GS, it was a nice car (but GUTLESSSSSS), right up to the time it got flooded all the way up to the intake....the same day about 10 inches of water was standing in the first floor of my wife's job.....then we got the Ford.....and I wish I would have just driven the flooded Hyundai now
    all that water a you didnt manage to hydro lock your engine? man you really do need my help

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Yes, all F-bodys do this. To eliminate this issue, (for example) if you want to cruise at 75 you will need to get the car to 70 and hit the set button then hold the accelerate button until you are doing 75. I know it's more than you should have to do but it will eliminate this annoying process. If you for some reason must slow down and then you want the cruise to resume, you should hit the resume button while you are under the preset speed.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Wow, I just didn't hear that did I???

I'd drive anything american before I jump in some foreign crap.
    Easy buddy...I was just messing around!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    all that water a you didnt manage to hydro lock your engine? man you really do need my help
    Totaled and paid off, I have no idea what the damage was, but the adjuster said it wouldn't move, and the mechanic said basically everything electrical would need replaced... (I think he tried to start it, and shorted everything out, but that's just my opinion... ) It all worked out, thanks to having GAP insurance...it depreciated about 2k right off the lot, and I had the payoff for Starla's old Dodge truck behind it, so I was WAY upside down.... GAP even paid my insurance deductible

What sucks though is it was the only brand new car I had ever bought....had 45 miles on it off the lot...had 6k on it when it flooded...

Easy buddy...I was just messing around!
    Nothing meant by it. I really like that little faint guy. I think it describes me to a "T" when I hear some of the stuff on this board

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Totaled and paid off, I have no idea what the damage was, but the adjuster said it wouldn't move, and the mechanic said basically everything electrical would need replaced... (I think he tried to start it, and shorted everything out, but that's just my opinion... ) It all worked out, thanks to having GAP insurance...it depreciated about 2k right off the lot, and I had the payoff for Starla's old Dodge truck behind it, so I was WAY upside down.... GAP even paid my insurance deductible

What sucks though is it was the only brand new car I had ever bought....had 45 miles on it off the lot...had 6k on it when it flooded...
    Thats sucks, but atleast you had the gap insurance. good thing to since you were that deep into it. i always try and tell people that it is so worth it to get gap insurance.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Nothing meant by it. I really like that little faint guy. I think it describes me to a "T" when I hear some of the stuff on this board
    Alright, I didnt want to have to meet you at the bike rack after school Firebirdjones! Were cool!

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Alright, I didnt want to have to meet you at the bike rack after school Firebirdjones! Were cool!

awe man and i had everyone ready to meet during recess to watch you to go at it. damn!

You don't want any of that.

But hey, in my defense, you didn't have any smiley face indicating that was a joke,,,,scooter

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

You don't want any of that.

But hey, in my defense, you didn't have any smiley face indicating that was a joke,,,,scooter
    Ahhh, for the record, my nickname is "skeeter" and I dont use Smiles in my posts....ever! But you can pretty much garuntee that everything I post is joking or in fun! I am only serious about an hour a day, if that!
    Last edited by BADASS2000SS; 04-17-2009 at 02:31 AM.

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    awe man and i had everyone ready to meet during recess to watch you to go at it. damn!
    Shut it Crash or you will be next.....This time, behind the gym after football practice! (Note for firebirdjones....no smilies but just joking around!)

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Shut it Crash or you will be next.....This time, behind the gym after football practice! (Note for firebirdjones....no smilies but just joking around!)
    hey hey thems fightin words!

Thread Information