View Poll Results: Will GM profit or lose form the production Camaro concept car?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Profit

66 75.86%
  • Loss

21 24.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Concept car, win or lose

This is a discussion on Concept car, win or lose within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; NC is NASCAR country. Damn right it will sell around here. As for the Northerners who like snow tires and ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

NC is NASCAR country. Damn right it will sell around here. As for the Northerners who like snow tires and FWD, I don't think it will be such a hot commodity.

Carpetbaggers might love 'em though...

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Personally I dont see it ever making it past the concept. Sure it looks cool and different,but boys and girls this is not the 60's.Carving out a market share when you gave it up six or seven years before would be tough even if gas was less than $3.00 a gallon.Fast forward a few years and how much do you think gas is going to cost.Lets be realistic,the Mustangs are selling because the are affordable and they look very much like a 67/68.So retro is in right now, but for how long.And lets dont forget they plan to build it in Canada.That was a problem with the 4th Gens and I doubt its going to be easier to work out in todays world with the cost of everything going through the roof.
    I have at one time or another owned one of every Generation and personally still own 1 second gen,3 third gen,and 1 fourth gen. I love them, but I'm not going to hold my breath hoping for another generation. I would love to have one,mostly because I'm a horspower junkie and I'm sure it will be way up there by then(look at the Vette).Just my .02

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    I can't predict the future, but I don't see the concept camaro as being a feasible production car because I don't think the general public will buy a car that is generally unfeasible and expensive in these economy days. Not only that, it resembles the old style too much and that was before my time. I didn't start driving until the 80's. So I have no connection with it. So, maybe older guys like 55yo will buy it? I think not. I'd rather just get a next generation vette.

What do you think? Will GM make a profit or lose everything but the kitchen sink once again?
    wohhhhhhh!!! hold up... u say its too much like the 1st gen camaros and u have no connection cause u didnt start drivin until the 80s? man i didnt start driving until 3 years ago and i feel a huge connection with the 60s cars, esspecialy the 69 camaro the now production camaro is resmebled after.... oh, nad this car will be a huge success, an affordable 400hp car that looks sexy as hell..... these babies are gonna sell out faster than they can be made.... its the 60s all over again my friend, and its gonna kick some serious ass!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

sure it may sell for the first year or 2 ... Do you know how many Camaros Chevy has to sell to get their money back let alone make a profit...
    Besides the V8 cars are not the bread-and-butter of camaro sales , it is the V6.. You have to make cars chicks want to buy .... that is how you sell a lot of cars ...

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    wohhhhhhh!!! hold up... u say its too much like the 1st gen camaros and u have no connection cause u didnt start drivin until the 80s? man i didnt start driving until 3 years ago and i feel a huge connection with the 60s cars, esspecialy the 69 camaro the now production camaro is resmebled after.... oh, nad this car will be a huge success, an affordable 400hp car that looks sexy as hell..... these babies are gonna sell out faster than they can be made.... its the 60s all over again my friend, and its gonna kick some serious ass!
    Has GM published how much they will cost?

Hotrod
    From what I've heard, they want it to be about the same price as the Mustang GT's are running.

The Rookie
    I will own one. I want an "SS" version with the LS7.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    From what I've heard, they want it to be about the same price as the Mustang GT's are running.

And that is..... But I doubt it. the concept camaro will be higher than a rustang.

Talking

This says people are looking for more fuel economy in the first paragraph.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 09-07-2006 at 05:51 AM.

White
    2001 Camaro SS

Yeah people are looking for fuel economy, but look at the new tahoe's there selling like crazy, and now with the addition of flex fuel it should give people more options then going import. Many people want a fuel saver vehicle, and then again there are many who really don't care and go buy Hummers, tahoes, titan's and Etc.

White
    2001 Camaro SS

In the end if the camaro does not go past two years of production, then all that matters is that GM answered a need to thier camaro fanatics and gave them the chance to purchase a Camaro for one last time.

And I'll tell you right now I will be waiting to buy one in 09

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    from what ive been reading it looks like the ss version will have the LS2 and the Z28 version will be gettin the LS7... hahah long live the Z28.... remember, any Chevy can be an SS, but only a camaro can be a Z28

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

AMEN BROTHA!

Silver
    2002 35th Ann Z28

Well it should be since the z28 was the big boy back in the dizzay......

John
    Click for full size

Too many mods too list......

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    the only reason i think it will be a lose is because of gas guzzeling tax,

i went to the dodge dealer, (just looking) and was asking about the charger srt-8, they had 2 there for a couple of months now and haven't sold one yet because of the 2,100 dollar tax fee for gas ,

now i dont know if this will be the same for the camaro but it may play a big roll

oh and that 2100 is out of pocket not included in the loan
    I suspect with the 6 speed option, the new Camaro will NOT have a GGtax.

The definition and formula is here:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/info.shtml#guzzler

Just like the Vette (yes, even the z06) the MPG will be > 22.5, thus, no tax.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post

Yes. I'm first on the list at my dealer for one of those (if they make them). They suspect that such an optioned SS won't be announced for at least 6-12 months after initial release.

G

White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sadly it will TANK

Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    I can't predict the future, but I don't see the concept camaro as being a feasible production car because I don't think the general public will buy a car that is generally unfeasible and expensive in these economy days. Not only that, it resembles the old style too much and that was before my time. I didn't start driving until the 80's. So I have no connection with it. So, maybe older guys like 55yo will buy it? I think not. I'd rather just get a next generation vette.

What do you think? Will GM make a profit or lose everything but the kitchen sink once again?
    The concept camaro Is going to be a very Dissapointing performance car. With SUV type 22in wheels in the rear, and 21 in wheels in the front this car is going to suck from a dig. I would bet my bottom dollar that a stock LS1 would hand this new Camaro it's ass in the quarter mile just on the size of wheels they have on the car. Another thing, how dissapointing is it that the motor of choice for this car is the LS2. By the time the Concept car comes out this motor will be around 5 years old and they have it rated at a very poor 400 HP. Just think about all of the non sport cars that have a rating very similar to this all ready. GM is basing the car around the look's and not the performance. I gaurantee you that if the don't make several changes to this car in the years to come it will "TANK" just like the GTO's did. One more thing I wonder where the idea came from to have 22in wheel's in the rear and 21in wheels in the front came from? It makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Not even the 505HP LS7 ZO6 has wheels the size the concept Camaro. GM is commiting mass suicide for this very well respected car.

Silver and Black
    1998 Z/28

I love the way the concept looks, besides the front grille... It's not close enough to the '69!! I'm also not a fan of wheels that are over 18" on a Camaro, let's hope the wheels do NOT go in to production!

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

i vote yes... i want one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information