Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

cobalt VS. Camaro

This is a discussion on cobalt VS. Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; That makes a lot of us...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

That makes a lot of us

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by wantaLS1 View Post
    ill sell you mine! www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=228140420.. its not a bad car...but its not a camaro either!
    not in the market know, when i hit 300,000 miles maybe but that was the first look of there interoirs are pretty cool with the white guages and all

LPM
    2000 SS

I own a 2005 Cavalier and owned a 2000 SS. There was NO comparison between the two power-wise. The Cavalier gets better fuel mileage (not much better on the highway, but better nevertheless). Your biggest cost difference is for insurance. A new Corvette was 50 percent LESS to insure than my then-6 year old SS.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

well...I sold my slobalt around 3-4 months ago, and got a 2002 nbm z28. DAMN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! i couldnt be hapier with the performance! I've got the LMI catback (looking to get Pacesetter LT's and TSP True duals soon.) and i LOVE it!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Congrats on the upgrade!

If you are going to do more to the exhaust, you will get to hear that LM1 even more

And I'll bet you don't even miss the minor mpg differences, do ya?

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I bet you miss the squirrelly FWD too. The modding bug has infected another!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Congrats on your new purchase! Ahhh the rumble of a V8! A week ago, my wife and I gave my DD (a Kia Rio) to our daughter, so we bought me a new DD, a 2002 Mazda MX-5 (Miata) with only 10,000 miles on it. Okay it's a fun car to drive, and it handles really well, but yesterday I took out the SS and it reminds me what a sportscar with a real motor is all about!

Party Time, Excellent... Kingc8r's Avatar

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

It sucks not driving a V8 every day but the mpg makes up for it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

V8+M6= great gas milage for a "fast" car

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    V8+M6= great gas milage for a "fast" car
    No Doubt but .....honda....4-500 miles per tank = extra cash in pocket=more mods

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingc8r View Post
    No Doubt but .....honda....4-500 miles per tank = extra cash in pocket=more mods

Honda gas saver = depression due to boredom = expensive happy pills = no extra cash.

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

Not when VTEC kicks in I'll be owning everything. If that isn't enough I'll buy a EBAY TT setup and lots of nawsssssss.

Manuals just aren't my idea of fun when driving to work in the Bay Area.....plus people out here will ding and hit your car and don't even leave a note with their ins. hence the Honda...they're disposible

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I had a Honda at one time. The only 3 things I liked was no roof, 9200 RPM rev limter, great handling. I got bored with it though. Here's a pic of it. I thought it looked nice. Sad part is my T/A gets better gas mileage!

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

I'm not denying that it isn't boring...you can or I can also choose something different I'm just using it as an example.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Some of the guys here have mulitiple Camaros, one for the DD, another just for the weekend. GREAT! Others, like myself, have just one that is reserved only as a playtoy, that is just not desired to be used daily. Note the word desired. I'd rather pile up miles on a cheap Jap, or Korean car, read disposable, then on my precious American pride. We all know that the foreign cars are dependable, no getting around it boys, and they are economical too. Are they fun to drive? Some are, that's why when I had to chose one, I chose the Miata...REAR WHEEL DRIVE! 6 speed manual, fully independant suspension, posi rear end..all add up to a less boring commute for me. Could this car possibly ever take a place in my heart that my Camaro owns? Never! It's simply my DD. I remember a thread here not too long ago that everyone was posting their DD, it was hiliarious to see what we all drive to work and back while our pride and joy sat patiently waiting for the weekend. 30MPG ain't too shabby either, my Maro now only gets about 20 down from 25 originally. Just a parting note: GM knew that we all couldn't drive the V8's everyday too, hence the RS with the V6 in an effort to appeal to the person looking for a DD Camaro but wanted better gas mileage than the V8 could deliver.

tims98ss

RED
    1998 SS CONVERTIBLE

Thumbs up

just purchased the best winter beater/dd ever 2007 grand prix GXP nothing like a 305 hp v8 in a fwd, almost as fun as the ss,almost!

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    Congrats on your new purchase! Ahhh the rumble of a V8! A week ago, my wife and I gave my DD (a Kia Rio) to our daughter, so we bought me a new DD, a 2002 Mazda MX-5 (Miata) with only 10,000 miles on it. Okay it's a fun car to drive, and it handles really well, but yesterday I took out the SS and it reminds me what a sportscar with a real motor is all about!

stop supporting terrorism by buying imports! when r americans gonna learn!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I own 3 Domestics and 1 Import. When you grow up, and go into the real world with mortages and kids and braces and so on, not to mention 401K, you'll see the value of a cheap disposable DD no matter where it was made. Support terrorism by buying a USED Japanese car!? What an ass, are you thinking the Japs detroyed the Towers in New York?Talk to me when you are paying for your own house, not living with mommy and daddy at 21 in the room you grew up in, or renting a cheap apartment with 3 of your friends.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    I own 3 Domestics and 1 Import. When you grow up, and go into the real world with mortages and kids and braces and so on, not to mention 401K, you'll see the value of a cheap disposable DD no matter where it was made. Support terrorism by buying a USED Japanese car!? What an ass, are you thinking the Japs detroyed the Towers in New York?Talk to me when you are paying for your own house, not living with mommy and daddy at 21 in the room you grew up in, or renting a cheap apartment with 3 of your friends.
    dont take everythgin i say sooo serious jesus... but jsut for the record...

i dont need the 401k you talk of casue i have a pension... im building a house in the fall, i dont rent casue thats jsut paying someone elses bills... and my genetics are good enough my kids will have normal teeth instead of those of a shark...

even if its used the person you bought it form prolly went and got another import and sent more of our money over seas....

japs may have not got the towers but there was a incident they were involved in called oo shit i think it was PEARL HARBOR!

and i grew up at my moms and now im at my dads. so im in a different room now. most farm kids dont stray too far from the farm anyways..

if you cant affrord a big 3 DD vehicle maybe a career change is in order?

Black
    99 Z28 VERT A4 DD

So what, we all drive Canadian vehicles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information