Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

CME Exhaust

This is a discussion on CME Exhaust within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hey luke i remember you said the people that did your install would be able to do the cme with ...

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

hey luke i remember you said the people that did your install would be able to do the cme with the corsa tips like the pics from the guy above...am i correct?
    Last edited by L3THAL_Z28; 01-15-2008 at 08:50 AM.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by fast droptop View Post
    Might be but I read that the aftermarket piece was a lil bigger than the stock slp and a few people had trouble with fitment and with the tape coming off also. Not saying that I may not buy one just trying my best to get a SLP one
    You may have issues with the tape, but the tape cost $5 or less for a roll big enough to do two valences. Prep work is required as is any aftermarket peice but it is minimal. I had to heat mine with a heat gun for the best fit.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28 View Post
    hey luke i remember you said the people that did your install would be able to do the cme with the corsa tips like the pics from the guy above...am i correct?
    YEAH THATS RIGHT

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    YEAH THATS RIGHT
    get me their number yeah? i need to get in contact with them...thanks

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Its Z Performance In Corona Ca

Black
    2001 SS Camaro

fury 786 bro that is an insane setup, all you did was buy the elbows from slp? I defefinitly want to look into doing that? Did u do anythign custom besides the elbows to make it liek that?

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

nope...its strait off the flowmaster to the bumper. i had a shop do it since i dont have a tubing bender, but they fukked it up bad, so i had to cut the tips off and move them myself.

the same shop put my cutout in also, and it was in the wrong place, so when they fixed it, it moved the angle of my tips again! s now i gotta cut them and fix again....its pissing me off, but looks tits.

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    You may have issues with the tape, but the tape cost $5 or less for a roll big enough to do two valences. Prep work is required as is any aftermarket peice but it is minimal. I had to heat mine with a heat gun for the best fit.
    You guys are sticking these valances on with 2 sided tape?????

The OEM valances are held with plastic clips,,,which seems more or less a better idea to me. 2 sided tape is a pain to deal with when it comes to removal for any reason.

Don't these aftermarket valances mount in the same fashion as OEM I hope?????

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

The OEM valances are held with plastic clips,,,which seems more or less a better idea to me. 2 sided tape is a pain to deal with when it comes to removal for any reason.

Yes, plastic push-pins are installed in the center and 1 on each side by the tire. They also use two-sided tape to install. How is your factory valence installed?

Why would you be removing the valence so much that you would have to worry about two-sided tape?

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Yes, plastic push-pins are installed in the center and 1 on each side by the tire. They also use two-sided tape to install. How is your factory valence installed?

Why would you be removing the valence so much that you would have to worry about two-sided tape?
    I wouldn't be removing it so much,,,but I would like to think if it had to come off I wouldn't have to fight with 2 sided tape. Just not the way I like to do things,,,thats all.

But I have been comtemplating taking the whole setup off and storing it away,,,since I drive the car so much I fear some idiot is going to rearend me eventually,,,and it's hard and expensive to replace,,,much like that damn rear spoiler,,,lol.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I wouldn't be removing it so much,,,but I would like to think if it had to come off I wouldn't have to fight with 2 sided tape. Just not the way I like to do things,,,thats all.

But I have been comtemplating taking the whole setup off and storing it away,,,since I drive the car so much I fear some idiot is going to rearend me eventually,,,and it's hard and expensive to replace,,,much like that damn rear spoiler,,,lol.
    How is yours installed?

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

My question to all the guys that had their CME on the car when the got it. What happens if some mooron hits you in the back and messes up your exhaust and valence? Are you screwed since SLP doesn't make these parts anymore?
    2001 SOM SS Vert 1 of 37 verts with a 6 speed. Kook LT's with cats, fast 90mm ported intake, Nick Williams 90mm TB, AFR 205's and so on. Tuning/installs done by Williams Performance.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

My question to all the guys that had their CME on the car when the got it. What happens if some mooron hits you in the back and messes up your exhaust and valence? Are you screwed since SLP doesn't make these parts anymore?
    yes your fucked

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

IMO whatever moron hit my car would be paying for a new CME-weather I had to buy it from Ebay and the guy on Tech or whatever.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would like to see a picture of these clips Larry. Mine is a OEM piece, but I had to use Scotch double sided tape on mine as well. I put a self tapping screw in the center where around the license plate area and then have two push rivets holding it in place at the corners. If I could get away from the double sided tape I would gladly do so though.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I would like to see a picture of these clips Larry. Mine is a OEM piece, but I had to use Scotch double sided tape on mine as well. I put a self tapping screw in the center where around the license plate area and then have two push rivets holding it in place at the corners. If I could get away from the double sided tape I would gladly do so though.
    You are in luck,,,I have it on the rack right now doing some other work,,,I can take a picture tomorrow maybe??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You are in luck,,,I have it on the rack right now doing some other work,,,I can take a picture tomorrow maybe??
    Thanks Larry, I would greatly appreciate it

Uuuuummmm,,,,,,ya pretty much. Same goes for the rear spoiler. Since neither of these are available, you are forced to search for used or NOS OEM parts,,,,goodluck with that one.

Problem lies with the insurance companies though,,,,they will not go the extra expense required to find/purchase these parts. And in some cases you may reach to close to the value of the car to the point where they want to total it,,,since some of these cars are reaching 10 years old now.

Exactly why I have my air bags disconnected,,,not only do I hate these things,,,,If I was involved in a minor fender bender and the bags deployed,,,the extent of damage just went up another $2-3,000 easily and can drive the car to total status. New steering wheel with radio controls is very expensive,,,a pair of air bags,,,a new windshield, (they generally blow the windshield) possibly a new dash pad ,,,,all for what could have been a simple front bumper repair otherwise

It's almost scary to drive something worth money anymore. I better stop, you guys are starting to make me nervous,,,lol.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Uuuuummmm,,,,,,ya pretty much. Same goes for the rear spoiler. Since neither of these are available, you are forced to search for used or NOS OEM parts,,,,goodluck with that one.

Problem lies with the insurance companies though,,,,they will not go the extra expense required to find/purchase these parts. And in some cases you may reach to close to the value of the car to the point where they want to total it,,,since some of these cars are reaching 10 years old now.

Exactly why I have my air bags disconnected,,,not only do I hate these things,,,,If I was involved in a minor fender bender and the bags deployed,,,the extent of damage just went up another $2-3,000 easily and can drive the car to total status. New steering wheel with radio controls is very expensive,,,a pair of air bags,,,a new windshield, (they generally blow the windshield) possibly a new dash pad ,,,,all for what could have been a simple front bumper repair otherwise

It's almost scary to drive something worth money anymore. I better stop, you guys are starting to make me nervous,,,lol.
    Paranoid much? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    So how many clips do you have???? I never looked at mine to count them all. I am trying to figure out why you have to use tape,,,,,does it sag in a couple spots or something????

Mine is also original and has never been off the car or messed with. Maybe with pics you could tell me something I don't know???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information