Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Clear Corners

This is a discussion on Clear Corners within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm trying to install my set of Clear corners Into my 2001 SS, so i can finished out my murdered ...

  1. #1
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Clear Corners

    I'm trying to install my set of Clear corners Into my 2001 SS, so i can finished out my murdered out look. Who all has done this?

    I really have no idea what i'm doing and looking for the best way to get it done, any help would be great.

    by the way +1 to AfterThoughts Auto for super fast shipping

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    pulling the headlights out makes it very easy to install, the back ones are just held in with a screw
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

    12.6 at 112

    http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

  3. #3
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    pulling the headlights out makes it very easy to install, the back ones are just held in with a screw
    thanks man. i have the bumper half way off i think i'll put it back on and try to do it that way

  4. #4
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    thanks man. i have the bumper half way off i think i'll put it back on and try to do it that way
    i just used the access points under the bumper to pull mine out so i could black them out took me all of 20 minutes

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tyler_LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canby, Oregon
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,121

    Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

    ^^^ that works great too, I redid my headlights so i just did it while they were out

  6. #6
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,807

    sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1 View Post
    ^^^ that works great too, I redid my headlights so i just did it while they were out
    yeah having them out would have made it easier to see but there is no need in taking them out unless you just have to

  7. #7
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    Just remove the head lights bro. Is way easier.

    It took me 1 hour to figure it out. And 10 min to get it done,

    Post pix when you are done
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

  8. #8
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    You guys make it sound easy......... We spent like 2 hours doing it. we didn't remove the headlights just came in through the bottom. It was a pain getting those things out and in. Then i got it in and one of my bulbs had went out


    98Maro, I've redone my entire look over the past two weeks so I'll make a new thread tomorrow or friday with some photoshoot photos. She's murdered

  9. #9
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    You guys make it sound easy......... We spent like 2 hours doing it. we didn't remove the headlights just came in through the bottom. It was a pain getting those things out and in. Then i got it in and one of my bulbs had went out


    98Maro, I've redone my entire look over the past two weeks so I'll make a new thread tomorrow or friday with some photoshoot photos. She's murdered
    i was gonna remove the bumper.. from the bottom to me was almost impossible to do..
    took me a while to figure it out and a while to remove the headlight lol
    but once removed got it done quick
    then the other headlight took me bout 15 min to get it done..

    one thing you should do, put silicone around the corner light and a little bit on the socket againts the corner light,
    other wise water will go in there,

    i would love to see that thread bro, ill be doin the same to mine, and ill make a thread soon.
    before/during/after,

  10. #10
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    You guys make it sound easy......... We spent like 2 hours doing it. we didn't remove the headlights just came in through the bottom. It was a pain getting those things out and in. Then i got it in and one of my bulbs had went out


    98Maro, I've redone my entire look over the past two weeks so I'll make a new thread tomorrow or friday with some photoshoot photos. She's murdered
    You spent about 90 minutes too much on doing it


    I didn't use any silicate on mine like you asked, but most people drill small holes in the bottom of them to let moisture out, which is what I have always done and never had any problems with mine.

  11. #11
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You spent about 90 minutes too much on doing it


    I didn't use any silicate on mine like you asked, but most people drill small holes in the bottom of them to let moisture out, which is what I have always done and never had any problems with mine.
    How small of a hole?

  12. #12
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    How small of a hole?
    I drilled half a dozen or so 1/8" holes in the bottom of mine.

  13. #13
    Lead Foot mammoth713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    460

    Black
    2000 Z28 M6

    the cheap chinese ones on ebay burnt thru and made me waste a lot of $$$ on bulbs.. i ended up throwing them out and putting in the stockers..

    what the problem was, was the back of the housing itself was too close in proximity to the bulb.. it literally melted a hole thru the housing and the plastic latched onto the bulb.. Do to the immense heat and heat cycles, bulbs would constantly blow.

    be careful you dont end up in the same boat as me.. wish i never bought them

    they looked GREAT but worked like complete crap

  14. #14
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    the cheap chinese ones on ebay burnt thru and made me waste a lot of $$$ on bulbs.. i ended up throwing them out and putting in the stockers..

    what the problem was, was the back of the housing itself was too close in proximity to the bulb.. it literally melted a hole thru the housing and the plastic latched onto the bulb.. Do to the immense heat and heat cycles, bulbs would constantly blow.

    be careful you dont end up in the same boat as me.. wish i never bought them

    they looked GREAT but worked like complete crap
    I hope this isn't my problem. I thought about going the cheaper route and getting some Ebay ones, instead i spent 60 bucks on some of the clears from Afterthoughts Auto

  15. #15
    Lead Foot mammoth713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    460

    Black
    2000 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    I hope this isn't my problem. I thought about going the cheaper route and getting some Ebay ones, instead i spent 60 bucks on some of the clears from Afterthoughts Auto
    one thing that i did not try was buying LED bulbs.. this may be a solution if you run into the same problem i did because they supposedly emit less heat.. I gave up hahaha and at that point the housings were ruined anyway..

  16. #16
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Well you got it done, so it doesn't matter, post some pics.

  17. #17
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Well you got it done, so it doesn't matter, post some pics.
    a picture will come later today

  18. #18
    Member Z28Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paris, TX
    Posts
    140

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    teaser

  19. #19
    Senior Member 98maro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north bay california
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,973

    Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    teaser
    Click for full size
    nice bro,,
    thats how mine is gonna look lol

    what rims are those?

  20. #20
    BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855

    TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

    Looks good bro... imo maybe you should have gone with the corners and headlights w/ black housings to carry the theme throughout, that’s what I did except I have a black/silver theme not just black. Got pics in my album if you wanna check it out. Just my $.02. Either way it looks really good bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Blacked out corners or clear corners
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM
  2. clear corners
    By jrocs00z28 in forum Corvette
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 07:17 AM
  3. Wanted: Clear Corners
    By 4MULAV8 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 04:31 AM
  4. Clear Corners?
    By MarkuzLS1 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 01:52 PM
  5. Want To Clear My Corners
    By Sawacs in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •