Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

chickens

This is a discussion on chickens within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SPDYGON i,m with blue thunder 42 , if chance is there why not . this cars were ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SPDYGON View Post
    i,m with blue thunder 42 , if chance is there why not . this cars were made for this , you just need to know when to go and when to stop . besides this cars are not going to hold value like the 67,68,69 cars unless it,s a limited car .

i do agree that the track is the best place to race .
    exactly you didn't buy a Camaro SS to drive like a granny. I have fun from time to time, but I'm not moron there's times and places when nothing bad should happen if you race from a light to the next light. I've had a vette, two Camaros, the SS since 1999, A Lotus Elise since 2005. I don't go out looking to race every Friday and Saturday but if a sweet car lines up at a red light I'm not going to disappoint as long as there's no Hawaii5.0. I haven't had a ticket since 95or96
    Last edited by Blue Thunder 42; 01-22-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by jason_a_marzewski View Post
    I have a well-tuned Camaro: It features an LS-6 engine, special tuning, high-flow induction and exhaust, and a full battery of suspension modifications, to name just a few of the performance upgrades that I've made to the car. It's not the fastest Camaro on the road, but it's pretty potent.

This leads me to my point: Perhaps the other drivers won't race against you for the same reason that I won't engage anyone in a street race, whether it's a V-6 Mustang, Cavalier, new Camaro, Corvette, or any other vehicle for that matter. Street racing is dangerous and foolish. Not only do street racers endanger themselves and their vehicles and risk personal injury, car damage, arrest, imprisionment, fines, and vehicle impoundment, they also jeopardize the safety of motorists around them.

I bought and modify my Camaro for my own, personal enjoyment, not to provide entertainment for others or to show off. It's possible that the drivers that you encounter feel the same way, or are simply exercising the same caution and discretion that all motorists should employ.

In summation, a quote from "Spider-Man": "With great power comes great responsibility."
    This. I have met folks with modded cars who have got in my face and told me I am not worthy to have my car(most of them were young punks anyway) and they WERE NOT AMUSING. They would tell me to de-mod my car and they would buy the parts(yah right, nothing in the US Constitution that allows such IDIOTIC behavior). Enjoy your car and keep the racing at the track where it belongs. I do some spirited driving with mine as well, but not to show off for show offs get into trouble. My .002.

SOM
    2002 SS/SLP #7704

Quote Originally Posted by jason_a_marzewski View Post
    I have a well-tuned Camaro: It features an LS-6 engine, special tuning, high-flow induction and exhaust, and a full battery of suspension modifications, to name just a few of the performance upgrades that I've made to the car. It's not the fastest Camaro on the road, but it's pretty potent.

This leads me to my point: Perhaps the other drivers won't race against you for the same reason that I won't engage anyone in a street race, whether it's a V-6 Mustang, Cavalier, new Camaro, Corvette, or any other vehicle for that matter. Street racing is dangerous and foolish. Not only do street racers endanger themselves and their vehicles and risk personal injury, car damage, arrest, imprisionment, fines, and vehicle impoundment, they also jeopardize the safety of motorists around them.

I bought and modify my Camaro for my own, personal enjoyment, not to provide entertainment for others or to show off. It's possible that the drivers that you encounter feel the same way, or are simply exercising the same caution and discretion that all motorists should employ.

In summation, a quote from "Spider-Man": "With great power comes great responsibility."
    Don't see you on the dyno board....

Black
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I dont know how far you are from arundel mills but every saturday during the summer a huge meet of cars go up there and if im not working thats where i am. There usually is around 40-50 cars there
    i have no idea where that is hah or what it is if thats the case but what kind of cars meet up?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

I dont know how far you are from arundel mills but every saturday during the summer a huge meet of cars go up there and if im not working thats where i am. There usually is around 40-50 cars there
    There's also a big great together on muscle cars and others 200-300 cars at Marley Station mall on Rt 2 Severna Park area every Friday night in the summer. Also Capital raceway has $20 test in tune Friday nights, it's just in Crofton, MD.

Pewter
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    Boy, are you guys a bunch of old farts. Street racing dangerous, had friends die from it. Friends die from track racing too, or just going to the store to get a gallon of milk. Almost 40k people die on the roads every year in the US. How many do you think were involved in street racing at the time, maybe less than 1%. Dumb F&ckers drinking and driving, or texting while behind the wheel is more dangerous. Get off your high horse and have a little fun.
    Everybody gets all I only race on the track on the Lotus site also, I find it hard to believe you guys don't mess around.
    +1! I am a responsible driver which comes with age, and dont advise anyone to street race. But what is the fucking point of having a camaro If you are never gonna have a little fun? I do not drive recklessly, but I open her up from time to time [often] because that is what a camaro is for. And to the guy with the ls6 who doesnt want to show his car off thats bullshit everyone wants to show their car off. So if that was true paint it turd brown and put the quitest exhaust on it that you can find.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

if you bring your car to a drag strip there will always be someone in the other lane ready to go.

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

I think its a good time to indulge once in a while. In three years of having my liscense i've street raced 2 times, against a beautiful classic 68 camaro SS and a cocky mustang gt. I agree the track is the best place and safest place to race. but if the situation is right, then have some fun, ls1's are made to GO

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28CamaroJG View Post
    I think its a good time to indulge once in a while. In three years of having my liscense i've street raced 2 times, against a beautiful classic 68 camaro SS and a cocky mustang gt. I agree the track is the best place and safest place to race. but if the situation is right, then have some fun, ls1's are made to GO
    +1

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

The marly station car show has grown tremendously and They have a modern muscle day every year now and thats the day im hoping to have everything done... I just got to figure out what im doing lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

The marly station car show has grown tremendously and They have a modern muscle day every year now and thats the day im hoping to have everything done... I just got to figure out what im doing lol
    10spokess, do you ever come by Sunrise beach rd where the WaWa is and go up Baltimore Hill Rd? Cause I see a black SS with red hockey stripes come by my house every once in a while.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I do go down there every once in awhile but i dont have hockey stripes i got the grand sport stripes on the front left fender

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

5.7 push rod > 4.6 SOHC
    Information Technology Super Sport

Suspension|T56|5.3|Twin TC66's|

black
    99 z28 a4

i wish around here they would make like an open track day or move test and tune to Friday nights... make it cheap to race or park... im 30ish mins from milan drag way and i would go just for the park and shine but t&t is only on Wednesday... hafe the time i go to the meets around town here its just to check it out talk with friends... it would be nice if we could legally race too...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    i wish around here they would make like an open track day or move test and tune to Friday nights... make it cheap to race or park... im 30ish mins from milan drag way and i would go just for the park and shine but t&t is only on Wednesday... hafe the time i go to the meets around town here its just to check it out talk with friends... it would be nice if we could legally race too...
    That sucks it should be Fridays,

10spokes, it must be GS stripes just thought they were hockey,

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98Z28CamaroJG View Post
    there is a time and place for any thing i to run from time to time but not like i was at 16. in the past 3 years i have had two runs on the street one was a short run from light to light and the other was a new zr1 but that was more just to see it for real. and yes it kicked my ass.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    That sucks it should be Fridays,

10spokes, it must be GS stripes just thought they were hockey,
    Its kool next time you see me you should bolt out into the camaro and catch up

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    there is a time and place for any thing i to run from time to time but not like i was at 16. in the past 3 years i have had two runs on the street one was a short run from light to light and the other was a new zr1 but that was more just to see it for real. and yes it kicked my ass.
    wow, thats really cool you were up close and personal with a ZR1, at least for a time anyhow haha

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    That's one of the things I like about living in Phoenix. I have 1 race track (Firebird) that does mostly Friday night drags that's only 5 miles away and another (SpeedWorld) that's 30 miles away that does mostly Saturday day/night events.

Hog heavan for a drag racer. And if you're into it Firebird has Drift 'n Drag events.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information