Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Metalic Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28/SS

Center Mount Exhaust?

I saw the SLP CME mentioned in another thread today. What can you all tell me about it? What kind of HP boost are you looking at? Was it an SLP option for most 1999 models or an after market mod?

I am asking because my SS has it...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

It was an SLP option, no real added HP. It is a highly desired upgrade for the Camaros though.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

wished my car had it

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I prefer my fat chrome flowshttp://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/slapboobies.gif

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

my camaro had it when i bought it

i think it looks nice.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

I believe it was only an option on the 02...

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

And it sounds bitchin'.

Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

Actually, according to SLP, it's supposed to add 10hp vs. the stock SS exhaust (the one that has a single tip on the left side, then a tip the right side of the car, not the "dual-duals" that I believe are supposed to add 10 hp also). So, it should bring a stock SS up to 330 hp for that year. This is just what SLP claims, hard to say if those numbers are accurate or not. If you click around on Google, type up something like: 1999 or 2000 camaro ss slp center mount exhaust, you should find an old slp website that will show some pics of the exhaust for those years. It looks a bit different than the 2001 and 2002 version of the CME.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I think they look pretty cool on most cars. Don't you need to modify the rear bumper though? All the ones I have seen have a portion of their bumper taken out to make the exhuast fit up there and look nice.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedWorld View Post
    I think they look pretty cool on most cars. Don't you need to modify the rear bumper though? All the ones I have seen have a portion of their bumper taken out to make the exhuast fit up there and look nice.
    Yes, the CME "package" comes with a valance that extends lower edge of the stock bumper.

Blue

Nothing is really cut out. The exhaust sets just below the existing bumper, than SLP adds valence pieces (ground effects) to the left and rignt of the exhaust to give it a "flush" look. The valence pieces were included in SLP's CME option, which I think went for $1200 or so back in the late 90's. This option was pretty rare, because you had to order it from the dealer, pay for it first, and then wait for SLP to build and ship it. You could'nt just but these cars off the lot new (kind of like Saleen Mustangs, for example).

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

yea, thats what mine has. original owner was in michgan... i got it when he brought it north of the border.

and yea, its a CME with a little extra addition to the bumper to accommodate it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by knoll5150 View Post
    Actually, according to SLP, it's supposed to add 10hp vs. the stock SS exhaust (the one that has a single tip on the left side, then a tip the right side of the car, not the "dual-duals" that I believe are supposed to add 10 hp also). So, it should bring a stock SS up to 330 hp for that year. This is just what SLP claims, hard to say if those numbers are accurate or not. If you click around on Google, type up something like: 1999 or 2000 camaro ss slp center mount exhaust, you should find an old slp website that will show some pics of the exhaust for those years. It looks a bit different than the 2001 and 2002 version of the CME.
    SLP also claims their long tubes add 41 RWHP. Most people know the truth though. The CME doesn't add any HP. I have it on my car, it didn't add any HP.

Metalic Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28/SS

I think they have proven the SS badge itself adds about 3.2 HP

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

sorry that car isnt washed and shiny.... but this is my 02 SS. the fender isnt a cutout, but rather they add a piece onto the rear fender. as for the extra hp.... is there is any extra power its negligible. i mean, this sounds like ricer talk...."i put a giant wing on my civic, i bet it'll woop your sentra"

as i was taking pic i noticed its sitting a little low, after checking it out i noticed my hooks for the pipes actually bent a little bit, i'll have to bend those back up to make it flush.

also, anybody have tips for stopping rust of plates? or do i just grab a new set of plates?
    Last edited by Insert; 06-05-2008 at 09:22 AM.

Metalic Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28/SS

Clean it up and try some clear coat paint?

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by knoll5150 View Post
    Nothing is really cut out. The exhaust sets just below the existing bumper, than SLP adds valence pieces (ground effects) to the left and rignt of the exhaust to give it a "flush" look. The valence pieces were included in SLP's CME option, which I think went for $1200 or so back in the late 90's. This option was pretty rare, because you had to order it from the dealer, pay for it first, and then wait for SLP to build and ship it. You could'nt just but these cars off the lot new (kind of like Saleen Mustangs, for example).
    I think the actual SLP CME valance is a one piece design. Other aftermarket ones are two pieces that Ive seen though.

Bright Red
    2000 Camaro

My car had this setup on it when i bought it, I really like it. Havent seen anyone around with something similar. It has the forur holes and two piece valence, so is it most likely aftermarket?? All the CME ive seen on here have two large holes, does anyone know if mine might be stock/ SLP?? If not, which company what company made this?

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I believe SLP sold the quad tip one, kind of like an aftermarket exhaust setup. I know they do not have them now..

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ssturd View Post
    My car had this setup on it when i bought it, I really like it. Havent seen anyone around with something similar. It has the forur holes and two piece valence, so is it most likely aftermarket?? All the CME ive seen on here have two large holes, does anyone know if mine might be stock/ SLP?? If not, which company what company made this?

Click for full size

Blue

You're exhaust is an SLP option (rare), I have the same one on my 2000 'vert SS. The 2001 and 2002 CME options look a bit different with the dual outlets, instead of the quad tips that the '98-'00 modeals have.

Thread Information