White
    2002 Camaro z28

carhoods.com Buyer Beware!!!

I was not sure where to post this so it would get the most attention so if this is the wrong place please forgive me.

I ordered a WS6 style hood for my 02 Z28 from carhoods.com. They offer a $100 cash back if you fill out a small questionnaire and send them pictures of the finished install on a CD. They then use them to show off the product on the website.
    I got the hood in October. I painted and installed it in December. Sent them the pictures and paperwork about a week after that.
    4 months later and I have not received anything from them. I've sent numerous e-mails with no response and every time I call I get an answering machine and no call back.
    Don't get me wrong, the hood was great quality and when you consider that your working with fiberglass, it fit really well and wasn't that hard to prep and install. But I was promised money for pictures and I didn't get anything back from them.
    The site tells you the pictures have to be good quality and they also want pictures of top and and bottom to get the $100. Below is 2 of the many pictures I sent them.

Are these pictures not good enough? There are a lot worse on the site already.
    My point here is that if your not going to honor the cash back then don't advertise it. I feel cheated and this makes it hard for me to recommend carhoods.com to anybody.

Just a FYI for anybody thinking of getting a hood from carhoods.com.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Did they use your pictures on their site? Was there a clause in the offer pertaining to use of said pictures?

Bottom line, at least you're happy with the hood.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

well regardless of whether u get the $$$ or not I think that hood looks very nice, I'm not a fan at all of ws6 style hoods on maro's but that is definitely respectable imo

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

get a lawyer. when you win you can use your $100 to begin to pay the lawyer back.

White
    2002 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    get a lawyer. when you win you can use your $100 to begin to pay the lawyer back.
    Well I'm not exactly that upset about it.

@KahanaReef
    Your right and I understand what your saying and yes I am very happy with the hood. They didn't use my pictures but when you order they make such a big deal out of it. They tell you to make sure you do the picture thing so you can get the money back. If they said something like "we will consider" or "if your lucky" then I wouldn't be bothered by this. They even make it a point to tell you that unless the pictures come from a cell phone they wont be rejected. But again like you said at least I'm happy with hood. Not like I'm going to sent it back or anything.

@LeadFarmer
    Thank you. I appreciate the nice comments.

Thread Information