Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It came in today!

This is a discussion on It came in today! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You're one to talk asshat. Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS Seeing how fast you can accelerate to 35 MPH is not ...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You're one to talk asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Seeing how fast you can accelerate to 35 MPH is not a good judge of how fast a car is

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I drove the car today and first off, I must say, after seeing it in person, it's a heck of alot bigger than mine. Particularly the height of the car. But, it is a beautiful looking car throughout and I actually do think the interior will grow on me. I also got to take it out for a spin and it drives nice and shifts smooth. I've already started trying to turn him to Zaino and he seems receptive.

The car honestly doesn't feel any faster than mine and may even be a bit slower. He's already got long tube headers on order, so the exhaust note will increase soon.
    i love the interior and the windows...i love how short in height and long in length they are

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i love the interior and the windows...i love how short in height and long in length they are

98' trans am

Good for you.
    :0 w/e asshat

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It's too bad they won't make a convertible.

:0 w/e asshat

98' trans am

It's too bad they won't make a convertible.
    they will..and i will buy it and drive way over there to dust you

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Be sure to eat and drink something, while you wait.

they will..and i will buy it and drive way over there to dust you

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Seeing how fast you can accelerate to 35 MPH is not a good judge of how fast a car is

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Don't encourage him. His car leaves the garage even less than mine and probably has so many cob webs stuck to the ignition system, it won't turn over.

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Don't encourage him. His car leaves the garage even less than mine and probably has so many cob webs stuck to the ignition system, it won't turn over.
    Hahaha- hey I am right there with you and him- I drove my Z/28 300 miles last year!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The first-gen didn't have T-tops. I think history is repeating itself with the new maro. If the droptop is cancelled, my boss is gonna be PISSED.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Then tell them to go ahead and be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    The first-gen didn't have T-tops. I think history is repeating itself with the new maro. If the droptop is cancelled, my boss is gonna be PISSED.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I asked him WHY he wanted a convertible so bad. His response, it would match his 68. I asked him what he would do if the convertible was not produced, he just walked away. If I were in the market for a fifth-gen, I would snatch one up ASAP.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You don't think the new Camaro will last very long, huh?

I asked him WHY he wanted a convertible so bad. His response, it would match his 68. I asked him what he would do if the convertible was not produced, he just walked away. If I were in the market for a fifth-gen, I would snatch one up ASAP.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have seen a few on the road. My opinion, I think the new maro will take off. There are GM purists out there who see the 67-69 in the 2010. I do. I just hope the aftermarket runs along with the new maro as well. All those goodies for this new car. That Hennessy looks just like the classic Yenko. I know Yenko owners will be salivating over the HPE version. I look at the 4th gen to be the 2nd gen with the center grille and the turn signals to be the "split bumpers". There was a helluva aftermarket for all gens. I'm just sittin back to see who will build the "ultimate" maro to launch the fifth gen forward full speed ahead.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you meant snatch one up asap, in case they don't make them for long.

I have seen a few on the road. My opinion, I think the new maro will take off. There are GM purists out there who see the 67-69 in the 2010. I do. I just hope the aftermarket runs along with the new maro as well. All those goodies for this new car. That Hennessy looks just like the classic Yenko. I know Yenko owners will be salivating over the HPE version. I look at the 4th gen to be the 2nd gen with the center grille and the turn signals to be the "split bumpers". There was a helluva aftermarket for all gens. I'm just sittin back to see who will build the "ultimate" maro to launch the fifth gen forward full speed ahead.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

No. I meant in a heartbeat. I grew up stealing my father's old Hot Rod and Car Craft mags. I was a toddler, so I couldn't read. But I looked at the pictures and I just went into my own little world of cars. Growing up, I began to realize there were cars that could be built beyond the manufacturers' specs. I watched NASCAR, NHRA and that was it. These cars could be built to be more powerful. I watch LeMans and Rolex and see the C6Rs and GOOD GOD they are nasty. I am wondering if there will be a racing program for the 5th gen in LM, Rolex, NHRA Pro Stock? I can't wait.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

No. I meant in a heartbeat. I grew up stealing my father's old Hot Rod and Car Craft mags. I was a toddler, so I couldn't read. But I looked at the pictures and I just went into my own little world of cars. Growing up, I began to realize there were cars that could be built beyond the manufacturers' specs. I watched NASCAR, NHRA and that was it. These cars could be built to be more powerful. I watch LeMans and Rolex and see the C6Rs and GOOD GOD they are nasty. I am wondering if there will be a racing program for the 5th gen in LM, Rolex, NHRA Pro Stock? I can't wait.
    Autoweek had a few cool shots of one set up for racing, blue with yellow wheels and fender stripes. Looks like they where leaning towards Koni challange series, also on Speed.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    Autoweek had a few cool shots of one set up for racing, blue with yellow wheels and fender stripes. Looks like they where leaning towards Koni challange series, also on Speed.
    I remember that issue. Made to look like the original Sunoco race car of he early 70s IIRC. Just imagine, GXP-R, C6R, '10 Maro...R?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

I would watch that in a heartbeat. Have them going up against the Vettes and Mustangs. It would have been nice to see the GTO's over the G6. Although they do look nice on the track.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information