Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Camaro V6 vs. Lancer Ralliart

This is a discussion on Camaro V6 vs. Lancer Ralliart within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; lol a volkswagen engine is hardly a lawnmower engine........... more like week wacker at best lol biggest hunks of shit ...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

lol a volkswagen engine is hardly a lawnmower engine........... more like week wacker at best lol biggest hunks of shit ever, i always say it only takes on vw for you to understand why the are the highest maintance vehicles on the road, i think there junk,, id rather drive a ford then push a vw, lol

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Ford would be my 2nd choice of cars under GM.

Any see the new Ford GT Cobra coming out in I think 09...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Ok since no one is really trying to help this kid, I will... seriously... those cars stock are like 15.8 sec cars...with a really good driver, if you have a 3.8L then you have 200hp... and outweigh him by like 300-400lbs... in the perfect scenerio for the Lancer, you lose... they are cows up top... they are factory limited to around 125mph... and they gearing is really just meant for under 100mph acceleration anything after that and they just can't push hard enough...

good luck to ya...

and let's cut the kid some slack, I mean we all didn't start our driving career in LS1's... I personally had a Mercury Sable and a Ford Explorer before I discovered the beauty and power of the LS1... so... don't be so harsh on him...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

No way, 15.8 for maybe the older 3.8s, they still run in the 15s but in the low-mid 15s.
    Either way the ralliart lancer is still in the 16s so no matter low high or mid 15s he would still beat the lancer.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    No way, 15.8 for maybe the older 3.8s, they still run in the 15s but in the low-mid 15s.
    Either way the ralliart lancer is still in the 16s so no matter low high or mid 15s he would still beat the lancer.
    actually I meant the Lancer is a 15.8 Car with a really good driver in it... (seen it myself)... but the average kid wont get it under the 16's...

but I'm sure the Lancer will get him in the Ricer Flyby....

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

man dont worry about guys bustin balls, it's all apart of the game. dont take S**T from anyone, and throw it right back at them. A16 i had a F-ing cavalier so your in a better situation then a few people. Save up some coin and go get you sum power.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

My first car was an eclipse so yea, he is to a much better start then most of us

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

im almost 21 and i have a V6, so far camarojunky has been the only person to give me a hard time, everyone else has been helpful. just about everything on our cars is the same, just a different motor.
    ofcourse mines a 95, so if it was was V8, itd be an LT1, but whatever i have an L36, besides that, were all the same.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i too am helpin him just in a different way, i guess... someone needs to push this kid to go for the gold, i never got anywhere by people being nice to me, just the opposite, when someone tells me one thing i turn around and do it to and try for better, i dunno. like i have said before i have good intentions and honestly i have never not helped someone with a car regardless if it was a v8 or not, mostly my frustration was him posting these threads in the obviously wrong section of this forum,

from one camaro owner to another silver bullet, you started off good, you got an f body, now my advice with no criticism or making fun, dont dump any money into making your v6 faster, save your pennys and if you want one get a v8 camaro,

welcome to this site, i will be as much help to you as i can be,
    luke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information