Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Camaro SS Donuts, new exhaust and gears

This is a discussion on Camaro SS Donuts, new exhaust and gears within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Follow this link to see me doing some donuts yesterday. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58170198&hl=en...

  1. #1
    Super Sporting It Chevypowr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    150

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS

    Thumbs up Camaro SS Donuts, new exhaust and gears

    Follow this link to see me doing some donuts yesterday. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58170198&hl=en

  2. #2
    Ricekiller z28punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    509

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

    sweet vid

  3. #3
    Senior Member greatwhiteZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    d
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,675

    white
    2002 z28

    tight

  4. #4
    Member conny9784's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    chi town suburbs
    Age
    33
    Posts
    234

    white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevypowr View Post
    Follow this link to see me doing some donuts yesterday. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...58170198&hl=en
    Exactly why i buy my cars from old people or brand new.

  5. #5
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by conny9784 View Post
    Exactly why i buy my cars from old people or brand new.
    It is just tires.

  6. #6
    Member conny9784's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    chi town suburbs
    Age
    33
    Posts
    234

    white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    It is just tires.
    doing donuts on dry ground hurts more than just tires

  7. #7
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    suspension, tranny, engine, ....

  8. #8
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by conny9784 View Post
    doing donuts on dry ground hurts more than just tires
    So does racing.
    Doesn't stop people.

    But I do understand your point. I couldn't see myself buying a previously modded car.

  9. #9
    Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    456

    White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

    Wait wait how new are the gears?!

  10. #10
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Wait wait how new are the gears?!
    i think he is going to get owned here real quick!!!!

  11. #11
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by conny9784 View Post
    doing donuts on dry ground hurts more than just tires
    he better start saving up for a new rear..because its about ready to take a shit on him.

  12. #12
    Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    456

    White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

    ya haha bye bye rear end.

  13. #13
    Super Sporting It Chevypowr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    150

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS

    I get my money out of my car for sure. I've done plenty of donuts in my camaro and nothing major went wrong. My stock rear went after 115,000 miles, and it was humming when I bought the car at 48,000 miles. thats plenty of good use, even with the donuts.

    Launching a car with sticky tires at the dragstrip will abuse your suspension and drivetrain more than doing donuts like this will.

    I would've bought a FWD car if I didn't want to do donuts!
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

  14. #14
    Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    456

    White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

    No the reason for the comments is because you said you just got new gears... Ever hear of the 500 mile gear wear in date? Then you have to get it serviced again before you can ride hard on it.

  15. #15
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am


  16. #16
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    having a ss and not doing what he did is like having a dick and not women

  17. #17
    Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    456

    White/Black
    1999 Camaro z28

    the gear wear in time idiot.

  18. #18
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevypowr View Post
    I get my money out of my car for sure. I've done plenty of donuts in my camaro and nothing major went wrong. My stock rear went after 115,000 miles, and it was humming when I bought the car at 48,000 miles. thats plenty of good use, even with the donuts.

    Launching a car with sticky tires at the dragstrip will abuse your suspension and drivetrain more than doing donuts like this will.

    I would've bought a FWD car if I didn't want to do donuts!
    keep up the good donuts....awesome

  19. #19
    Super Sporting It Chevypowr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    150

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    No the reason for the comments is because you said you just got new gears... Ever hear of the 500 mile gear wear in date? Then you have to get it serviced again before you can ride hard on it.
    I didn't get nuts until I broke the gears in, I gave it 750 miles before the donuts or any hard use.

  20. #20
    Super Sporting It Chevypowr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    150

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    he better start saving up for a new rear..because its about ready to take a shit on him.

    How would you know if anything is about to take a shit on my car? You haven't been in it to make that kind of assumption. It's now been 2,000 miles and about 10 donuts since this video... and yup still running strong, no additional gear wine, no jerking, no clanking or banging noises. Still feels like the day I installed them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Father does donuts with son in '68 Camaro, ends up in handcu
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 01:57 PM
  2. Camaro moron does donuts on the Golden Gate Bridge
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM
  3. crazy camaro donuts
    By F-my-body in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 12:08 PM
  4. 2002 Chevy Camaro Z28 donuts
    By smokiechicago1988 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM
  5. camaro hesitaing 2 accelerate & i can't do donuts
    By ajonesz28 in forum General Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 02:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •