Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Camaro police package?

This is a discussion on Camaro police package? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have a family member that is with our esteemed local law enforcement here and has the camaro /Z28. He ...

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

I have a family member that is with our esteemed local law enforcement here and has the camaro /Z28. He tells me that he has pegged the speedo several times in chases etc. No performance upgrades etc though. Just a bigger alternator and all of the police stuff/Radio etc/ Cloth interior.

Thanks
    Steve

black
    2001 z28 b4c

sniperfox, what area of nc do you live in ? do you know who the Trooper is that drove the car ? if not be shore to ask if the car is working on its 2nd trans. or rear end. I know that a lot of them have had the trans or rear end replaced. I am a Trooper in nc and have bought one of our cars last year. it was one of the Troopers cars that i work with. the only problem that i have had with my car is a rear engine seal leak. good luck and have fun with it

Black
    2001 BC4

Quote Originally Posted by hwyhog
    sniperfox, what area of nc do you live in ? do you know who the Trooper is that drove the car ? if not be shore to ask if the car is working on its 2nd trans. or rear end. I know that a lot of them have had the trans or rear end replaced. I am a Trooper in nc and have bought one of our cars last year. it was one of the Troopers cars that i work with. the only problem that i have had with my car is a rear engine seal leak. good luck and have fun with it
    I know the trooper that was issued the car when it was new and he is still with it. He has told me that he wanted to buy it himself, but he is already putting his money in a resto project on a muscle car. He says that it doesn't leak anywhere and that the tranny is sound. I'll have to ask him if it's the original or has it been rebuilt. Thanks for the tips. I hope to make this my daily driver to replace my 90 LX 5.0 that needs some restoration. My other ride is a 2003 SVT Cobra convertible. This is my first adventure with a Camaro. I hope it is a pleasant one.
    Last edited by Sniperfox; 02-23-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Tinton
    I "supposedly" bought a B4C Camaro when I got my car. It isn't, the advertisement said B4C but it doesn't have the code for it . They also said that it included KONI shocks and struts, better swaybars, and a higher speed limiter. I don't think the speed limiter part is true, when I got it dynoed (285 rwhp and 311 rwtq) it pegged at 155 and the revs wouldn't go any higher, even though it wasn't even near 5000 rpms yet. As for the KONI's, I'm not sure if thats true either, but I forced the dealer to replace the shocks and struts with what was on there, so it got brand new KONI shocks and struts 15,000 miles ago. The swaybars, I heard that from a Year One guy at World of Wheels here in Atlanta (was showing my Fiero). He had a 700-hp Camaro there, I'll take his word on the swaybars.

Also, since they are police packages, wouldn't they all come with automatic transmissions?

Black
    2001 BC4

Did you buy your "BC4" new or used? Automatic Transmissions are the specs for NC's Camaro program. A 6-speed would've been nice, but auto will do. Besides, it will be my daily driver. I will probably do a few minor mods to get a little more zip from it and leave it at that. I am going to do a resto on my 90 LX mustang and I only drive my Cobra on nice sunny days. An auto trans will be nice to have.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

there were a few m6 b4c cars, not many though

Black
    2001 BC4

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    there were a few m6 b4c cars, not many though
    I am not aware of any in NC. The state contract listed Auto trans only if I remember correctly.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Not that it matters cause mine's an auto, but it was from either SC or NC, I'm gonna have to look at the paperwork now to see lol

Tinton
    Oh yeah, I can make things interesting if you guys want. I have a brochure here in .pdf format for the police package, as of the 2000 model year. It also says a LSD and some other goodies, but the brochure has a police-painted Camaro on it, so I'm not sure if this was meant for the public or for police agencies. When I try to upload here on the forum, I get an error: "Your file of 216.9 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.". Anyone know where I can host it?

Black
    2001 BC4

I have a similiar one. I'll have to post 2 more before I can attach it.

Black
    2001 BC4

bump

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Yeah, they sent me that brochure when I bought my car. Basically is just says it isn't much different from a regular Z28. I had to put Z28 on mine, no one would look twice at me on the road when they thought I was just a euro V6, but I do in just a little way feel like I'm lying with Z28 on the side even though I know I'm really not

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

Its B4C not BC4! If I had a B4C, I would not put Z/28 badges on it. I would be proud to have a rare B4C and not just another Z/28.
    LM1? What is that?
    I think he has a Loud Mouth 1 catback.
    2002 SSM Z/28 - 351 RWHP & 369 RWTQ

Wheels 4 sale -> http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/261643333.html

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by thelastz28
    Its B4C not BC4! If I had a B4C, I would not put Z/28 badges on it. I would be proud to have a rare B4C and not just another Z/28. I think he has a Loud Mouth 1 catback.
    b4c doesn't really mean much though, and seriously, no one would look twice at me until I put Z on it

Silver
    1998-Camaro SS

Lm1

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperfox
    LM1? What is that?
    The LM1 is the engine that came in the 1980 Camaro Z-28. It was a 350 cubic inch,which was rated at 190 Net horse power back then . I know because I had one. It was real slow stock compared with the Lt1's and Ls1's.

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

02 Onyx Black Z/28 All Options
    SLP Lid, LM 1, Holley Power Shot
    332hp/334tq
    ^^^He was refering to the LM1 here.^^^^ Which, I beleive is the Loud Mouth 1.
    no one would look twice at me until I put Z on it
    If it looks bad ass and sounds like an LS1 (not a V6) they will look twice.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by thelastz28
    If it looks bad ass and sounds like an LS1 (not a V6) they will look twice.
    idiots are idiots

Sebring Silver Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

I hope you're not calling me an idiot.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

no no, people seriously would never look twice. Even with loudmouth I think it got passed off as a euro v6 camaro euro cause of the gfx. People are idiots. 150 yards off badgeless not running in the rain I could tell you what I'm looking at. I'll tell you what's coming up on me on the highway by the headlights, that's what guys like us do. I've seen other people get a camaro confused with a trans am

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Thread Information