Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 (SS kit)

CAMARO not coming out until 2009 now!!! This sucks!!

That is complete crap...I was going to buy one at the end of this year when they were supposed to come out...now there is nothing avalb.

What a sad day for us Camaro lovers....we have to wait another 2 years before we even get the final specs on the car.

Rich

"General Motors Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner stands with the Chevrolet Camaro concept while announcing that GM will build an all-new production version of the Camaro, in Traverse City, Michigan August 10, 2006. The sport coupe will be nearly identical to the Camaro concept that was introduced at the North American International Auto Show earlier this year. Production will begin at the end of 2008 and the Camaro will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009."

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Who ever said it was coming out this year? Wasn't it always shown as a '08/'09 Maro?

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Who ever said it was coming out this year? Wasn't it always shown as a '08/'09 Maro?

I have always heard it was coming out at the end of 08 as an 09 model, if they in fact built it.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
    I have always heard it was coming out at the end of 08 as an 09 model, if they in fact built it.
    +1 but never end of THIS year, damn they just put out the concept car

was a concept car until now. why would this be a sad day for camaro lovers?

Hotrod
    Actually I've read several reports that started off saying it would be released in 2007, then they changed it to 2008, and now they're syaing 2009. It's cool that it's coming back, but sucks that they are waiting 3 years to do it. Like the old saying goes "$hit, or get off the pot".

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i dont want it to come back really, the value of mine will go down

Silver
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniv

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post

Exactly why mine is on the market.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'll probaly go through 2 more before the new ones are out! I wouldn't even think about it for another year or so.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I love maros but i'm not excited about it coming back....maybe it's because I think it looks like dookie. Now the challenger...I can't wait for that baby to go on sale

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I heard rumors they MIGHT bring the 'Bird back as well.... which would REALLY be sweet... might have to invest in one... but not the Camaro.. it looks good in my opinion.. but I've always liked the 'Bird better.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    Then sell before your value goes down, but honestly I don't think it will have the much of an affect. Aside from your car just getting older, it shouldn't suffer that much in value, unless you beat the hell out of it, but that would be a completely different reason.

Red
    02 Camaro SS

I always understood it to be coming out in 08' or 09' , either way is fine with me and I do not believe that the value of the car will decrease , only thing that will make the value decline would be the condition of the car and the miles on the car.

Just my .02
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=28288&dateline=115552  0088

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

To be honest, I liked some of those other Camaro renditions that have been floating out there. You know...

like this one

or this one

or this one

this one...

I'm just not feeling it.

Pewter Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Man, a lot of you guys sure are a tough crowd....or is it that you people just like to bash new things cause it makes you feel better about what you have?? I just think its hilarious that a lot people will bash it, and then a coupe years after its out, they'll "warm up to it" instead of reserving judgement until they actually have formed an opinion.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

I think the concept car will do well as long as the dealers don't jack the price way above MSRP, which is probably what they will do. The '02 Camaros are not increasing in value as much as the LEs, at least that is what I have noticed, anyone else?

Side note: The '09 will come back as a "Camaro" but it will not be a Fbody. It will be on a Zeta platform - same as the GTO (Unconfirmed - but highly rumored)... So, if it carries the "Camaro" name but is not an Fbody.....Do you think the Fbody Camaro, with 35 years of production on the same platform, will drop drastically in value as some believe? I'm not sure...
    Mike

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

no tellin, I know my '02 is priceless to me though hahaha

RED
    2000 WS6 TA

typical GM, always two steps behind. They had to scramble to meet the mustang, they're finally just coming out with thier retro panel ala HHR. It will take a few years, probably, for GM to figure out we don't care about substance, we just want it to look cool. Look at chrysler, theyre making the coolest cars ever and it seems every one has been a hit so far. Look out for that Challenger, they won't be able to make them fast enough. Wanna bet there won't be any way to tell a plane jane V6 camaro from a Z or an SS? That was the problem with the last generation of F-bodies. You couldn't tell a 35,000 dollar SS from an 18,000 plane jane V6 car without getting real close. What has GM done that is different and exciting? We get crap after crap like Monte Carlos, Cobalts, more pickups and SUVs and ImpalasDULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL DULL. Of course, by the time GM figures this out we'll all be off to something different, assuming that they don't get wrecked by thier dependance on SUVs. The WS6 trans am looked better and out performed any mustang made for the last 30 years. With a slight bit of work it could even take the Cobra R. Don't get you hopes up guys, GM has a long history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Hotrod
    I just don't understand why it takes them 7 years to come out with the new design. It took 4 years to come out with a concept and gets everyone excited. Instead of getting it into the hands of these excited buyers as fast as possible, they put it off for another 3 years! By 2009, there's liable to be 15 different cars out that has stolen the Camaro's spotlight. Also, it's retro designed and who knows if retro is gonna still be a popular choice in 3 years like it is now. As stated, GM is WAY BEHIND! The demand for a Camaro is high NOW, the acceptance of a retro design is popular NOW, so why the hell wait 3 years? The GTO is leaving us also, so I guess if you want a sports-car you gotta go with a Mustang (if you call that underpowered POS a sportscar). I don't trust GM to roll this out even in 2009.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

i personally would not buy one because its new and going to be expensive. like 4-6k over list price. sooo im out for a few years. nice car though. i wish they would put the ls7 in the ss. i think that would sell nicely

Thread Information