Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camaro lights

Black
    2005 GTO

Camaro lights

Ok guys I want to replace all my bulbs, low beams, high beams and fogs. I use to have the sylvania Silverstar High Performance low and highs before my acccident but I got stock bulbs put back in when the car got fixed. The only issue I had with the silverstar is they did not match the fogs. I now see they have silverstar ultras which are suppose to be even whiter but there is no upgraded bulb for the fogs by sylvania that I can find.

Anyone know of a brand that has something similiar to the silverstar's that has low, highs and fogs that will all match? I just don't want my lows to be really white then my fogs to have a yellow tint.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

what headlights do you have? are those the halo lights?

Black
    2005 GTO

I don't have halo's anymore since my accident, I just have stockers now.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

don't mean to jack the thread..but what happened in the accident?!....i had a couple in the past..

Black
    2005 GTO

Basically I was trying to get across two lanes of traffic to get to the median. There was a big fedex truck pulling into the parking lot I was leaving and I thought the other lane was clear.

And as you can see the other lane was't clear.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

oh shit, at least you can just steal parts off of v6 car that got rammed into in the back.looks like it was just replaceable body panels and washer fluid tank. any radiator or support damage?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

The hood looks like an easy fix, just a few dents here and there lol
    glad your ok tho

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

He already has the car fixed guys, and it looks fantastic again
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

tan
    2002 Camaro

JonB...if you're still working the lights issue...if you were working from the stock fogs before...you can replace them with Hella Micro DEs...they fit in the stock brackets. Then the bulb is an H3, which is pretty standard. It comes in Silverstar and most other popular options. Should be able to match with high or low beam.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by z-axis View Post
    JonB...if you're still working the lights issue...if you were working from the stock fogs before...you can replace them with Hella Micro DEs...they fit in the stock brackets. Then the bulb is an H3, which is pretty standard. It comes in Silverstar and most other popular options. Should be able to match with high or low beam.
    Can you post up some more info about the Hella Micro DEs, possibly a site/link to them?

tan
    2002 Camaro

Well, they've been around for awhile, they are "projector fogs", I think they are made out of magnesium or something...there is a xenon version (expensive) and a halogen version (reasonable). They bolt into the stock bracket. They only hard part about the substitution is you can't use the factor aiming stud...you have to do that manually and then just tighten the two axial mounting screws real well. I've had them in for the stock units for years, and halogen version will run the Silverstar bulbs so everything's the same color when they are on. I used the harness to power them because they use 55 watt bulbs, I think the stock bulbs are like 32 watts or something like that. If any of the sponsors carry lighting they probably have them. The hella usa site has a description of them.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Well, they've been around for awhile, they are "projector fogs", I think they are made out of magnesium or something...there is a xenon version (expensive) and a halogen version (reasonable). They bolt into the stock bracket. They only hard part about the substitution is you can't use the factor aiming stud...you have to do that manually and then just tighten the two axial mounting screws real well. I've had them in for the stock units for years, and halogen version will run the Silverstar bulbs so everything's the same color when they are on. I used the harness to power them because they use 55 watt bulbs, I think the stock bulbs are like 32 watts or something like that. If any of the sponsors carry lighting they probably have them. The hella usa site has a description of them.
    Thanks for the great info. I followed the link and maybe I missed something but I didn't see any ideas on pricing. Can you just give me a ballpark idea what the halogen and xenon versions might run.

tan
    2002 Camaro

Sure...do a google search on "hella micro de" and lots of options pop up. 140 for the hallogen kit is typical. lights, bulbs, and a lighting harness with the relay. You can use the harness to bring the battery to the lights to support the higher current, and use the old leads to turn on the relay (the coil side) and that way they work with your stock switch. (and in the original post I fat fingered factory to factor so it was the factory aiming stud that was the issue)

I think the xenon ones are like 700...just add "xenon" to the google search. You have to love xenon to pay for it.

Good luck...its a subtle but nice mod. Lots more light to look for the stray deer.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sure...do a google search on "hella micro de" and lots of options pop up. 140 for the hallogen kit is typical. lights, bulbs, and a lighting harness with the relay. You can use the harness to bring the battery to the lights to support the higher current, and use the old leads to turn on the relay (the coil side) and that way they work with your stock switch. (and in the original post I fat fingered factory to factor so it was the factory aiming stud that was the issue)

I think the xenon ones are like 700...just add "xenon" to the google search. You have to love xenon to pay for it.

Good luck...its a subtle but nice mod. Lots more light to look for the stray deer.
    Appreciate the help and I see what you mean about the reasonable and expensive aspects now

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

http://www.eurodezigns.com/

Do a search by car, I have them in my Camaro and they are the closest thing to HID, bright white with a hint of blue.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Man that is so irritating that sylvania doesn't make bulbs for the fogs to match. I have searched and can't find squat. Any one else have any luck?

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    oh shit, at least you can just steal parts off of v6 car that got rammed into in the back.looks like it was just replaceable body panels and washer fluid tank. any radiator or support damage?
    I was pretty much all body damage and all the support that hold the nose on. The radiator and condesor were fine, the washer fluid tank was replaced.

Since I love whoring out my car here's a quick pic I took the day I got it back.

[IMG][/IMG]

I do now have stock fogs so I really don't want to swap them for a whole new unit. I've been searching every where and no one seems to make an upgraded bulb for the fogs its just the regular bulb. Really kinda sucks I guess I'll just have to hold out till someone decideds to make one.
    Last edited by JonB; 06-22-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Black
    2005 GTO

My bad double post.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

looks great! I'm jealous of your headlights, mine are really foggy these days.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

i was wondering how hard it was to change out your parking lights? or did you replace them I was going to be replacing mine here in a few days and was wondering if it was hard.

Thread Information