Camaro are getting cheap!!!in cali

This is a discussion on Camaro are getting cheap!!!in cali within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Kbb has camaros cheap now!!!!!!! Especially in the los angeles area why do you think so?? Is it cause of ...

Camaro are getting cheap!!!in cali

Kbb has camaros cheap now!!!!!!! Especially in the los angeles area
    why do you think so??
    Is it cause of the new camaro or cause they are getting old??
    An ls1 is now only one thousand more than a lt1

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesz28 View Post
    why do you think so??
    A lot of factors play out in that.... like you said, age of vehicles, the new one coming out so people are trying to dump theirs to buy the new one, and the economy is garbage....

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    A lot of factors play out in that.... like you said, age of vehicles, the new one coming out so people are trying to dump theirs to buy the new one, and the economy is garbage....
    +1.... hard to get rid of sports cars right now cuz nobody has any money for the car+gas+insurance. and yes, these are now just 7-11 year old vehicles to the average consumer. only a select few, us, understand the true value of these cars. thats why im starting my search for my project ls1 now...

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I get nothing but grief for my car. I'm fairly certain I will not be promoted for driving an LS1. Anytime the conditions detiorate on the road people in SUV's try to kill me. Still, I love the car I'll never give it up. They can pry the steering wheel out of my cold dead hand. I can see why they are selling cheap though. People seem to believe that you need a 4 banger like them or you're an idiot. What did you get 5 mpg? Only a 4 banger can save the world, or something like that. I bought my LS1 cheaper than I could get a used Malibu. It's cherry.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

agreed. the value has unfortunately dropped for both camaros and firebirds. this is both good and bad...

good in the sense that the LT1 '95 TA (135k, coupe, 6spd, leather) i bought last Oct that only needs the seats redone and a paint job i picked up for $2500. it is now my next project.

bad in the sense the heavily modded '00 SS i have (46k, 6spd, leather, loaded) i wouldnt sell because i would take a massive hit on what i have done to the car and the excellent condition i have kept her in...

deals are out there guys. dont rush into anything and do your research...
    2000 SS - The Wicked Witch: °°Cammed 'n Slammed°° 458rwhp/410rwtq
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30
    I was hoping to just hump her up the exhaust cause she is so damn sexy....
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I'm viewed as completely irresponsible and a moral hazard for driving this vehicle to work. It doesn't matter that my production is double everyone else's and that my accuracy is 100%.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    I'm viewed as completely irresponsible and a moral hazard for driving this vehicle to work. It doesn't matter that my production is double everyone else's and that my accuracy is 100%.
    Where do you live/work that makes it so bad? Nice thing about AZ is that no one complains about one owning a fast car.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

You should let them know that their ridiculous little opinion has been noted and light them up leaving the parking lot.

G

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I work at a very large insurance company. Hence the moral hazard. When we do reviews they often revolve entirely around my vehicle. I've been told repeatedly that I need a mini van. All of the managers are female so there is no point arguing. I've just accepted that I will not be promoted due to this vehicle and have begun applying for jobs in different companies.

It all began when I was late due to traffic. There was snow outside and they immiedately commented you can't drive a Camaro in the snow. So that was that. I was not late due to traffic but due to the vehicle. Then it snowed a foot and I couldn't come in because for a half mile down my street it had not yet been plowed. I watched several SUVs give up. In my entire department all but 2 people called in. Both drove 4 bangers and said they just drove right on the tippedy top of the snow. So, again, the Camaro was the culprit.

I asked once to leave due to the ice outside and of course that was a big deal. You need a reliable vehicle (I work later than others and would have to drive 60 miles in the dark on an inch of pure ice). 20 minutes later the entire company closed down and sent everyone home. I guess the CEO has an LS engine?

In regards to the price of Camaros I suspect they will continue to drop. People seem convinced that Hondas and anything 4 banger equals responsibility and reliability. SUVs appear to get a pass so having a giant monster truck is okay because that will drive through anything and arrive at work.

Where I'm coming from it's a long drive almost all interstate miles. I get excellent mileage and I can get out of the way if I need to avoid something. To me this is the best car for the value that I could afford. It just happens to be a beast and childhood dream to own a car like this. I'll not give it up I will instead look for a new employer that doesn't judge based on the car I drive. It doesn't aid matters that I park in back and wash it everyday. That's just showing off. A clean American muscle car tucked out of the way so I can't jam you with my car door? You need a mini van!

Mark my word I'll never drive a mini van, ever.
    Last edited by ezwip; 02-10-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesz28 View Post
    why do you think so??
    I firmly believe that it is because I bought mine last June! Yep, and I couldn't find a super clean one for less then 12k and I looked for months too. I paid 12.9 for mine.

See, if I would have waited... they'd still be 12k until I bought one. Then they'd drop in price.

So, guess it's my fault

I work at a very large insurance company. Hence the moral hazard. When we do reviews they often revolve entirely around my vehicle. I've been told repeatedly that I need a mini van. All of the managers are female so there is no point arguing. I've just accepted that I will not be promoted due to this vehicle and have begun applying for jobs in different companies.

It all began when I was late due to traffic. There was snow outside and they immiedately commented you can't drive a Camaro in the snow. So that was that. I was not late due to traffic but due to the vehicle. Then it snowed a foot and I couldn't come in because for a half mile down my street it had not yet been plowed. I watched several SUVs give up. In my entire department all but 2 people called in. Both drove 4 bangers and said they just drove right on the tippedy top of the snow. So, again, the Camaro was the culprit.

I asked once to leave due to the ice outside and of course that was a big deal. You need a reliable vehicle (I work later than others and would have to drive 60 miles in the dark on an inch of pure ice). 20 minutes later the entire company closed down and sent everyone home. I guess the CEO has an LS engine?

In regards to the price of Camaros I suspect they will continue to drop. People seem convinced that Hondas and anything 4 banger equals responsibility and reliability. SUVs appear to get a pass so having a giant monster truck is okay because that will drive through anything and arrive at work.

Where I'm coming from it's a long drive almost all interstate miles. I get excellent mileage and I can get out of the way if I need to avoid something. To me this is the best car for the value that I could afford. It just happens to be a beast and childhood dream to own a car like this. I'll not give it up I will instead look for a new employer that doesn't judge based on the car I drive. It doesn't aid matters that I park in back and wash it everyday. That's just showing off. A clean American muscle car tucked out of the way so I can't jam you with my car door? You need a mini van!

dude you should have quit yesterday, biased estrogen is no joke, I feel for you man....

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    dude you should have quit yesterday, biased estrogen is no joke, I feel for you man....
    +1.... I've heard of racism, and sexism..... but autoism?!?!?!? That is rediculous!!! We should start an action group and start lobbying congress about the fair treatment of automobiles!

Pewter
    2002 Chevy Camaro Z28

yeah bought mine in may of '07 super super clean florida car (i live in illinois) all maintaince records etc... paid 15k now...well i'd pay a lot lot less but i think its just simply age... look the new v6 camaro will have 300 horses...i suddenly feel like a third gen guy when the fourth gen came out and the v6 rivaled third gens V8 (except select few)

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

That sucks man. Sorry to hear.

I'd tell every one of those stupid cunts that if they didn't like me or advance me up in the workplace when I deserve it solely because I drive a v8 powered Camaro to suck my short fat dick.

Thread Information