Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Camaro Envy

This is a discussion on Camaro Envy within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Spikito I dont like how he calls it a Z28 SS, but other than that, well written, ...

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I dont like how he calls it a Z28 SS, but other than that, well written, and i totally agree.
    Before my camaro i drove a buick lesabre, yeah, big change, and i noticed an immediate change in the way people treated me on the rode. I always thought it was because they thought i was some old lady, but now i think its a combination of the two.

i agree 100%, befor my z28, i too had a 90 buick lesabre limited, i used to be treated like shit, now when i cruise down the high way, its like im parting the red sea

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

I love it when someone pulls up in a BRAND NEW SPORTS CAR, for example, a Charger R/T, and tries to prey upon the 'unsuspecting' older model Camaro, and gets waxed three times in a row. bwahahahahaaaaaa wasted your money bro....

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

black
    1999 camaro z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    I love it when someone pulls up in a BRAND NEW SPORTS CAR, for example, a Charger R/T, and tries to prey upon the 'unsuspecting' older model Camaro, and gets waxed three times in a row. bwahahahahaaaaaa wasted your money bro....
    LMAO @ "wasted your money bro".

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

off topic but all SS camaros are Z28's. That is the base on which the SS is built. Same with the WS6. Still a firebird formula transam ws6....haha say that 5 times fast.

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Awesome article

Lol my biggest problem with other drivers is when I pass them they get their panties all in a bunch and decide they want to speed up and tailgate me, then I just stomp it and let them eat dust

white black stripes
    1996 camaro ss

being the proud owner of a 96 SS i like that article but for some reason no one has ever fucked with me in that car i had a93 rs v6 red that would draw idiots like flies on shit go figure maybe those squidbiilys are smarter than given credit for

Black
    98 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by ichliebecamaro View Post
    Lol my biggest problem with other drivers is when I pass them they get their panties all in a bunch and decide they want to speed up and tailgate me, then I just stomp it and let them eat dust
    Same thing with me lol. I like it though when you got two lanes that go into one at a red light, people always try to get a jump on me and thats when I stall my shit @ 3grand and lanch that mf right by them lol they dont even know wtf happened. There is one on my way to work everyday and if I dont pass this same guy he makes me late. Then when I pass people they Try to go up my ass thats when I drop it into low gear so my brake lights dont go on and cruise @ 20 so they try to pass me then when they get by my door I smash the hammer and laugh. I used to do this alot until I did it to a undercover lol. Masshole drivers are prob the worst you can have

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    I laugh at the ones in 4x4 trucks with 33" super swampers and pipes that gun it as they slooowly thunder by me....those are the ones i usually just let go...most of the time.
    I live in East Texas and those damn things are everywhere, stupid billy's. But yeah, its always loud as fuck, lifted, 4-door, extended bed, F-350's with big ass tires and theyre hauling ass everywhere. and ive never seen one get pulled over. I dont mess with them for fear of getting hit, but they piss me off

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I live in East Texas and those damn things are everywhere, stupid billy's. But yeah, its always loud as fuck, lifted, 4-door, extended bed, F-350's with big ass tires and theyre hauling ass everywhere. and ive never seen one get pulled over. I dont mess with them for fear of getting hit, but they piss me off
    The worst thing is that if they hit you, your car is fked, and they just get scuffed tires And most of them are some CRAZY hillbilly inbred Hills Have Eyes mutha fkas...

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

CAMARO ENVY

Why are we quick to judge drivers of Camaroís Is is because they drive poorly? No, Camaro drivers typically pilot their cars as well as the rest of the road-going populace. Is it because they blast obnoxious music out of their vehicles? Although this is sometimes the case, it is certainly not the norm. . . .. They must be doing to something warrant all of this negative attention. We think that it is because they drive fast, and as we all know from high-school driverís education classes, speed kills. Not only do Camaro drivers exceed the speed limit, they usually do it (in) such a way that it makes the non-Camaro driving population look silly.

By accelerating quickly away from a stoplight, Camaroís can safely maneuver for the best lane position when traffic is heavy. With plenty of torque everywhere in the powerband, Camaro drivers can cleave through freeway traffic like a hot knife through butter. In other words, by stomping on the long, skinny pedal, Camaro drivers can exit the sad, slow world of minivan madness and sedan sluggishness.

ďThis makes minivan and sedan drivers green with envy, and in retaliation, they try and slow the Camaroís pace; often performing amazingly stupid acts to make sure the Camaro dosenít get ahead of them. We at Edmundís think that it is a psychological thing. People donít want to be passed, because in some strange Darwinian manner, speed implies power and success. Thus bottlenecking traffic in a Lincoln Continental or a Dodge Caravan, drivers can assure themselves that they are, in fact, swift and powerful, when in reality they are a crippled mountain goat ready to be drowned by the lurking cougar.Ē

(Camaro , Written By Antony Young, Lowe & B. Hould Publishers 2000, 2003)
    So in a nutshell what hes saying is that theres alot of player haters out there. Dont hate the player, hate the game!

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Install this
    http://www.flamekitz.com/photosofflamethrowers.html

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

HAHA! Great read!

I completely understand. I guess (regardless of what type of car you're driving) all of us get pissed off at people driving really slow in the left hand lane. Those of us with relatively quick cars typically go and blow by those people with much more authority than say a Taurus.

For example, if I pull out to pass someone in my Grand Am, I can do it relatively quickly and the other car wouldn't even realize that I'm at WOT. Conversely, I can pull out to pass them in the SS and even a light blip of the throttle after dropping a gear is gonna give the other person an ear full of my open cutout. I think the sound alone play a major part of other people's perception of our cars.

I love the way little old ladies just stare at me when they hear the SS loping along at a stoplight or creeping on the drive at my condo complex. They act like the devil is hiding under the hood of my car. Personally, I always negate the "crazy young kid driving aggressively in a hot rod" stereotype by cruising through my complex at an idle (or a close to an idle as the cam will allow).
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight02 View Post
    ...give the other person an ear full of my open cutout. I think the sound alone play a major part of other people's perception of our cars.
    This reminds me of when I had an electric cutout on my car (it's TD's now). Ricer pulls up next to me at the light and blips the throttle giving me an earfull of his fart can. I in turn open the cutout and give him the mighty roar of LS1 and LT's. I made no attempt to stall the car, merely waiting for the light to change. He meekly followed behind me when we left the light.

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

Good article. You know what they missed out on, and I was made a victim of just the other day. Non Yielders!!!! I was behind a minivan getting on the highway, and instead of looking as she was driving the lady stops. STOPS! First ride with the car lowered, I was angry and romped on the gas all the way around her stopped butt, just great, a giant pot on the side of her while I'm going 80! Can people yield without stopping if they aren't driving an fbody. The world may never know

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

incredible. if it wasn't for having extra lanes of traffic i'd swear to god that he was driving here in rapids. just yesterday i got cut off 3 different times by people doing anywhere from 10 - 20 under the speed limit.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Great read! Driving 100 miles a day to/from work I got alot of that. Fortunately being rural highways I could always manage to pass them. If I had one like the minivan driver in the story I would have flipped him the bird while passing and nailed the brakes in front of him and pray he hit me. Idiots like that need their tail whipped. Had a guy in a ranger do that I found an opening and he actually though he could accelerate and close the gap before I could. He caught hell for for that I promise you.

Fortunately the GTO goes rather unnoticed in comparison to a Red Z28 with True duals and flowmaster 1 chambers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information