Thread: call me crazy

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

call me crazy

ok heres the deal....i have an 35th anniversary SS (a4) with full exhaust and K&N intake....thats it...my buddies got a 03 cobra...ported and polished the original supercharger, 95mm maf, h pipe, nitto 555r's and short shifter...now trust me i know this is bad, but when im racing from a roll, i tend to drop it in 2nd, yeaaa on an auto.... around 50-55mph...In some crazy rediculous way, i manage to pull hard on him and stay ahead. haha i dont know exactly what im asking but does anyone have the slightest idea as to why this is? he can shift through gears very well so it boggles me as to how this happens...any feedback whatsoever would be coool

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by sstud View Post
    ok heres the deal....i have an 35th anniversary SS (a4) with full exhaust and K&N intake....thats it...my buddies got a 03 cobra...ported and polished the original supercharger, 95mm maf, h pipe, nitto 555r's and short shifter...now trust me i know this is bad, but when im racing from a roll, i tend to drop it in 2nd, yeaaa on an auto.... around 50-55mph...In some crazy rediculous way, i manage to pull hard on him and stay ahead. haha i dont know exactly what im asking but does anyone have the slightest idea as to why this is? he can shift through gears very well so it boggles me as to how this happens...any feedback whatsoever would be coool
    one word... ls1

Black
    2001 camaro SS

Ive managed to do the same thing ur doin sometimes in my A4. Ill be going 50-55 somtimes even 60 an drop it to 2nd then i start pulling like a mother F*****. And really it even surprizes me how it pulls so hard i mean its crazy. I dont think i can really answer your question. All i can say is that at high speeds the ls1 is a beast.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I'll remember this next time i go from a 50 roll...then tap it into D and....hopefully....CYA!!!!

It's not that hard on it though is it?.....what RPMs is that anyway, when you drop it? I've only done it at around 35-40.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

haha yea i guess thats just the beauty of the LS1..nothing like it...it freaks the shit outa me when i do that, just watching the pointer go from 50-90 in no time....

at 50-55 rpm is usually around 4000 if not a little more...i know its bad for the motor and the trans but i was used to drivin an m6 cts-v so i never got outa the habbit..even in my a4 i tend to drive like its stick..using 12D as my gears...fun but not smart

it may not be smart to have this reasoning but i think that if i pik up some mickey thompsons, 275/40r17, ill be able to give him a run for his money from a dig and a roll.. the idea of a stock motor LS1 keeping up with if not beating a cobra with the few mods he has sickens me...the ls1 owns alllll

....i think we all know from experience or from other people that as soon as you swap the torque converter.. the beast comes to life...

Thread Information