Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

C6 Seats in a Camaro

This is a discussion on C6 Seats in a Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ^+1...

white
    1999 Trans Am

^+1

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Hmmmm great write up btw i think i will be doing this this summer
    Thanks guys keep the feedback coming. 10spoke, were u already plannin on doing this or did the pics help u out?

Impounded
    Im just wondering if we could drill the seatbelt guide loops on the side in a "fashionable" way... Hmmmm

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

God this is awesome, I'd love C6 seats in my Camaro... mouth watering!

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Thanks guys keep the feedback coming. 10spoke, were u already plannin on doing this or did the pics help u out?
    oh i need seats bad but the pictures made me decide that this is the way to go... i hope you don't mind me stealing your idea lol

Impounded
    lol he shouldnt have posted it then

Do you think 2010 Camaro SS seats would fit in a T/A

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

No prob at all i had never seen it done and though it would be cool lol my seats were all flat and the drivers side was ripped in a few places. But ya they are about the same price as the t/a seats would be. My suggestion is go look on corvette forum and browse there thats where i found these. The brackets arent that complicated just tedious to get it all to measure out right.Basham im sure new camaro seats would fit because GTO's do and they are also big the problem with the gto seats and i suspect the 10' seats would be that they are so big you really cant fit people in the back seat which is why i went this route. The back of the vette seat bolsters are tapered so you actually gain a tad bit of room. Heres a link to the gto seats, see there really isnt much room plus they are pricey... If someone wants to make this thread a sticky just to serve as a diy guide for someone doing any seat transplants it'd be fine with me.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 02-21-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: please not direct links to tech.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

it looks like i cant post links to tech? not sure why since its not inhibiting sponsors but at any rate jeres the link i used to find it on google just click on the first link http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&so...ts+in+trans+am

Impounded
    Haha thanks redbird555
    Im debating on getting racing seat for my T/A but im a little skiddish that it might make it look ricey.
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 02-21-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

That's pretty damn nice. Wish something could be done for the rear seats to make the interior match tho.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think it looks pretty good Way better than the stock Camaro seats. I aways keep my back seats down. I never even see my back seats. So, the fact that they don't match isn't too much of an issue for me. I'd keep the stock seats around though in case I did want to sell.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    keep my back seats down. I never even see my back seats.
    Hmmm, didnt think of that.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    Haha thanks redbird555
    Im debating on getting racing seat for my T/A but im a little skiddish that it might make it look ricey.
    Lol just call me dan, and i think as long as you go with a tasteful seat and do both instead of just the one it would look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    That's pretty damn nice. Wish something could be done for the rear seats to make the interior match tho.
    Are you talking about the color or the style? The style I admit isnt an exact match but it flows ok with the car better than the ta seats would i think anyway. As far as the color it looks farther off in the pics than it actually is its almost an exact match which is nice.
    I think it looks pretty good Way better than the stock Camaro seats. I aways keep my back seats down. I never even see my back seats. So, the fact that they don't match isn't too much of an issue for me. I'd keep the stock seats around though in case I did want to sell.
    Thanks Ms. Reef are you planning on swapping your fronts anytime soon?

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Color looks good, from what I can tell, it was the style/ design, but Kahana's concept works as well. I've only had people in the back seat twice I think anyways.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

just did the 200 mile road trip back to college and upon getting out of the car i didnt have the lower back pain i got from my old camaro seats and they were comfy all the way up. giving them an a+ in the comfort department for trips

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    just did the 200 mile road trip back to college and upon getting out of the car i didnt have the lower back pain i got from my old camaro seats and they were comfy all the way up. giving them an a+ in the comfort department for trips
    Awesome. Comfort is key. I was considering doing TA seats, but, I think that I will end up going this route instead. And, if need be, maybe sometime down the road, just have the back seats redone to match

Impounded
    ^^^
    but corvettes dont have back seats

redbird. can you still adjust both seats?
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 02-23-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

you should really make this a kit and sell it to people, it would be worth your time $$$

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

^^^

Redone as in reupholstered ...

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Awesome. Comfort is key. I was considering doing TA seats, but, I think that I will end up going this route instead. And, if need be, maybe sometime down the road, just have the back seats redone to match
    Ya a couple people asked my why i didnt do the t/a seats. Which there a few main reasons i didnt. One is that since they are both power it would involve me getting the harness that runs from the drivers side over to the passenger side, another is that a nice set of t/a seats is more than what i paid for these seats and even if the vette seats cost me about as much as they normally do on the internet it would still be about the same price. Last i think the t/a seats look out of place in the camaro. When you see a t/a esp a ws6 the car looks big and mean so you expect to see big seats. The camaro to me atleast looks slimmer and having those big seat in these makes it look a little off to me. Another thing is the t/a seats have power lumbar which is nice but the vette seats can also be had with power lumbar mine just dont because they are the base seats.
    ^^^

Yes you can both seats flip forward, and they both have the full range of motion the stock seats do. This was probably the most challenging part of the install because i wanted the seats to have the same range of motion as the old ones so it took a lot of trial and error fitting. The only thing they dont do it recline all the way flat they both will go about 3/4 of the way to flat but i dont see this as a big deal since i have never had the need to recline my seat all the way flat if i need a flat space i just fold down the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    you should really make this a kit and sell it to people, it would be worth your time $$$
    Lol thanks but living away at college i simply dont have the time or resources up here to make these as kits and if i did idk that it would be worth it in terms or time and cost for me to iit. Thats why I posted the writeup here. I welcome people to copy my design or even improve upon it. Its a pretty universal idea so if the mods want to make it a sticky im sure it would help anyone who is looking to fit these or any other seats into their car. Maybe Ms. Reef can suggest it or make it happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information