Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

C6 Seats in a Camaro

Ok guys, I've searched on here butI couldnt find anything about people putting C6 seats in our cars only c5 stuff. I have a deal currently pending on a set of base c6 seats in ebony. They dont have airbags, heaters or power lumbar and the passenger side is manual. So heres the deal I dont think I'm going to use the fbody brackets because the c6 uses an entirely different switch system and plastic bezel that bolts to it so I think I'll just modify it to fit the stock mounting holes. With that said does anyone have the stock width and length of the bolt holes for an fbody seat track power and manual? I know the c6 is 14.25" wide but idk about our cars. I'm just trying to get an idea of how I'm going to modify the rail before i get into it. I've already looked into the wiring and I dont really see too much of an issue just to get the 6-way adjusters to work. Worse comes to worse I'll just go to town with a battery and a test light to figure out what's what. If I end up doing this I'll be sure to do a write up and take pics because it seems like vette seats are a popular thing but there is no clear info on how to do them.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

subscribed

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

i can't help, but i'd love to see the finished product

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Ya no prob like I said I'lll be doing a writeup with pics I'm going to pickup the seats for $275 bucks tomorrow I cant really beat the price its cheaper than having my seats redone plus the ones in my neighbors c6 are comfy as hell. I'm going to try too get Alex (tatertot91) over to gimme a hand with mockup but he always has the amazing ability to show up when I'm tightening the last bolt lol. Some preview pics for you all though... If anyone has the stock track dimension please post them up because i cant tear into my car until next week. I'm open to suggestions so lemme know if you guys have insight on how to mount these

seat rails for driver still not sure if ill keep em...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

those seatsa look very nice. I wonder if they are more comfy than standard f-body leathers

red
    02 trans am ws6

You can fit anything in anything. I put a set of 2000 trans am seats in my corvette stingray. I have heard of the corvette forum guys also sticking Z06 seats in in their c3 vettes so that being said, You should be able to put the c6 seats in your fbody. I did have to make brackets to fit the seats in out of 1/8" steel. Good luck

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Nathan View Post
    those seatsa look very nice. I wonder if they are more comfy than standard f-body leathers
    Oh trust me if you can go to the stealership and sneak a sit in a c6. I have sat in a few and they offer MUCH better support than my camaro seats are they all out race feeling? No but a lot of people like them and a lot of c5 guys upgrade to these. Even ta seats which are supposed to be great dont hold me in as well as these do... They have great lumbar support even deflated and the bolsters wrap around you well. Thanks badazta I know theyll fit Im just wondering how I'm going to do it in the past Ive just used some aluminum brackets and bolted them to the seat rails to line up with the existing studs but since these are power Im wondering if i can do it. The rails are also quite a bit longer than an fbody's so depending how far back I need the seat to slide i may just cut off some of the rail when I have where I want it to avoid having it stick out too much into the rear of the seat.. And t/a seats in a c3??? Were they a tight fit lol?
    Last edited by redbird555; 02-10-2011 at 05:20 PM.

white
    1999 Trans Am

subed i want to see this

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Oh trust me if you can go to the stealership and sneak a sit in a c6. I have sat in a few and they offer MUCH better support than my camaro seats are they all out race feeling? No but a lot of people like them and a lot of c5 guys upgrade to these. Even ta seats which are supposed to be great dont hold me in as well as these do... They have great lumbar support even deflated and the bolsters wrap around you well. Thanks badazta I know theyll fit Im just wondering how I'm going to do it in the past Ive just used some aluminum brackets and bolted them to the seat rails to line up with the existing studs but since these are power Im wondering if i can do it. The rails are also quite a bit longer than an fbody's so depending how far back I need the seat to slide i may just cut off some of the rail when I have where I want it to avoid having it stick out too much into the rear of the seat.. And t/a seats in a c3??? Were they a tight fit lol?

Hmm i definitely want to see the end result

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

we rented a C6 for a few days over the Christmas Holiday, C6 seats are an improvemnt over C5 seats and worlds away from F-body seats

also Subbed, I want to see this happen.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

oh it will happen provided i pick the seats up tomorrow as planned i hate my camaro seats especially because i drive 3hrs to college and my back kills me after the drive plus my drivers seat is ripping

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    we rented a C6 for a few days over the Christmas Holiday, C6 seats are an improvemnt over C5 seats and worlds away from F-body seats

also Subbed, I want to see this happen.
    guess i need to find a C6 and sit in it

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I was just wondering about this the other day after seeing a set on ebay. I hate my seats too...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

guess i need to find a C6 and sit in it
    while youre at it might as well find one still attached to a C6 and drive it, it's an experience

Impounded
    sub'd.
    this seems like a nice project. i cant really complain about my T/A seats but i do need to get em rewrapped.
    however i would love to see a set of C6 or 2010 SS seats in my ride too

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

while youre at it might as well find one still attached to a C6 and drive it, it's an experience
    What he said first my neighbor had a 07 c6 and i did get to drive it and it was a blast next he got a new z06 in black and when he asked me if i wanted to drive i promptly said no i was too scared of wrecking it. The z06 was just a scary machine when he got on it the ls2 felt like a prius lol. But ya the reason Ive waited so long to do this is that these seats are normally around 500-600 however they are real leather but well see how it goes maybe ill start a trend haha

Impounded
    haha hell yeah. if these work out. ill pay ~$500 for newer seats compared to the price to get em rewrapped

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Subscribed.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

My buddy has a C6Z cammed up down the road..... i wonder.....

Impounded

we only have 2 z's around here. my buds dad has one. he wont let me touch it...lmao

Thread Information