Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09

This is a discussion on Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; sucks! i totalled my first one 4months after i bought it....

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

sucks! i totalled my first one 4months after i bought it.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

fuck if i know...looks like im gonna have to do all the work when i have time...but the way its lookin right now...3 months to driving, 6 to be complete...im gonna wait for replacement rims, windshield, and dash till i have more money

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

OK so i got an interesting text today, my stepmom sayin "hey, when are you gonna come get this car out of my driveway."

sounds simple, but it means a lot of youre in my situation.

OK so i was making arrangements to have my car fixed locally. yes it would have cost way way more, but it would have been much easier, and i would have had a week of down time...im at almost 2 months now. why? because my dad said "oh no, thats a terrible idea. bring it over here, ill fix it"

well in 2 months he has done nothing. school has started, level III nursing school, its insane, so far im there everyday 9-4, and 7-7 on weekends, any day i have off, has been consumed by a 16 hour shift at the hospital because my dad believes in being self reliant. thats ok with me, i believe in that too, but if you expect me to support myself, dont bitch that i work all the time. secondly, his excuse for not working on the car is that hes been working a lot...well so have i, and its a 70 mile drive each way to work on my car...its in his driveway.

so now im getting shit from them for it not being fixed, when hes the one who offered to fix it. So day after tomorrow im going to go undo all my work so far, put it back in rolling condition, and take it somewhere else. friend of the family with a shop, where hopefully i can get it knocked out...he has a lift, equipment and knowledge. hopefully he wont charge me out the ass.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    OK so i got an interesting text today, my stepmom sayin "hey, when are you gonna come get this car out of my driveway."

OK so i was making arrangements to have my car fixed locally. yes it would have cost way way more, but it would have been much easier, and i would have had a week of down time...im at almost 2 months now. why? because my dad said "oh no, thats a terrible idea. bring it over here, ill fix it"

well in 2 months he has done nothing. school has started, level III nursing school, its insane, so far im there everyday 9-4, and 7-7 on weekends, any day i have off, has been consumed by a 16 hour shift at the hospital because my dad believes in being self reliant. thats ok with me, i believe in that too, but if you expect me to support myself, dont bitch that i work all the time. secondly, his excuse for not working on the car is that hes been working a lot...well so have i, and its a 70 mile drive each way to work on my car...its in his driveway.

so now im getting shit from them for it not being fixed, when hes the one who offered to fix it. So day after tomorrow im going to go undo all my work so far, put it back in rolling condition, and take it somewhere else. friend of the family with a shop, where hopefully i can get it knocked out...he has a lift, equipment and knowledge. hopefully he wont charge me out the ass.
    Good to hear its gonna be on the road again.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

This is why I live by my new motto when someone ALWAYS has an excuse:

I tell them:

INSERT BULLSH!T EXCUSE HERE __________________.

Oh how many folks I have offended with that saying.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

feel your pain dude, this was my first car, got hit by a drunk douche last year

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

'maro looked good with the firebird wheels.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    'maro looked good with the firebird wheels.
    *sniff* yeah i thought so too

it really scuffed the right rear one up bad so the entire set wasn't salvagable, endend up selling them on the car for 800 bucks, which i HUGELY regret btw, shoulda kept it for parts and saved at least a thousand later

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

dang dude....that one looked good

1998 Trans Am

theres what was in the back that and a badass amp, nothing too big PSH. the amp actually lived but got rained on overnight at the salvage yard, bs....

found this billboard afew weeks later

1998 Trans Am

sorry didnt mean to make this about me... i have a T/A now so

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

btw, campbell is just north of here a little ways

1998 Trans Am

oh really where are you at? campbell is really just my hometown, i live in college station now:/ should probably change that

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

ok so i went home, put it all back together...actually only took about an hour...with shit being bent, the K-member doesnt line up on the passenger side...but it is on the drivers, and the suspension is hooked up on both, so i think itll be ok to roll on the trailer, and back off.

Well my dad showed up, and at first was kinda pissed, but then before i could get to why i was taking it somewhere else, he admitted he felt it was too much for us to do without a lift and more equipment. So, yeah, got it back together, going to the other guy this weekend....depending on if he fixes it, or makes me do it...i should get the car back this month!!!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well fuck me sideways.

Like i said 2 weeks ago, I went and put my car back together. my mom said that once I got it back together, she'd call Baker, our body shop guy. and he'd work with me to fix the car.

I deal with dad, she deals with baker right?

ok so my dad offers to take it to Baker, tryin to help out, convenient cuz its at his house. Well he just took it over there. And Baker had no idea what he was talking about, he didnt even know I had wrecked my car, much less had anyone said anything about bringing it over. So now I gotta call my mom and see wtf shes doing.

DAMN IT!!!!

Well fuck me sideways.

Like i said 2 weeks ago, I went and put my car back together. my mom said that once I got it back together, she'd call Baker, our body shop guy. and he'd work with me to fix the car.

I deal with dad, she deals with baker right?

ok so my dad offers to take it to Baker, tryin to help out, convenient cuz its at his house. Well he just took it over there. And Baker had no idea what he was talking about, he didnt even know I had wrecked my car, much less had anyone said anything about bringing it over. So now I gotta call my mom and see wtf shes doing.

DAMN IT!!!!
    well? WTF was she doing?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chester77 View Post
    well? WTF was she doing?
    she said she thought i was gonna come in and help move it, which i was, but my dad never called me. she was gonna call baker while we were on our way, which is pretty dumb.

well now baker doesnt want to fix it....he has a body shop, wtf. him and my grandad are real good friends, and my grandad doesn't think i should fix it, so hes telling baker to not fix it, but its my car, and my money.

But baker is taking it too seriously, he wants to take it to a frame shop to make sure its straight and all that shit. I know thats a good thing, but shit, its a 95 V6, wrecked, 115k. itll have un matching wheels, busted dash, and cracked windshield. if its a little out of alignment, i think itll be ok. i just need it to run for 9 more months

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

she said she thought i was gonna come in and help move it, which i was, but my dad never called me. she was gonna call baker while we were on our way, which is pretty dumb.

well now baker doesnt want to fix it....he has a body shop, wtf. him and my grandad are real good friends, and my grandad doesn't think i should fix it, so hes telling baker to not fix it, but its my car, and my money.

But baker is taking it too seriously, he wants to take it to a frame shop to make sure its straight and all that shit. I know thats a good thing, but shit, its a 95 V6, wrecked, 115k. itll have un matching wheels, busted dash, and cracked windshield. if its a little out of alignment, i think itll be ok. i just need it to run for 9 more months
    Well, again, I hope all goes well with ya.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information