Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09

This is a discussion on Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by LS1Jason Gotta keep moms happy. they can make life hell. and I guess it all depends on ...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Gotta keep moms happy. they can make life hell. and I guess it all depends on what bank you finance through, but the few bikes I've had, I was told unless i had financed over 6k, all i had to carry was liability. so, dunno.
    now that would be nice.

So what do you know about that bike i looked at 99 CBR 600 F4

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

wouldn't be a bad back, depending on milage. It get you around plenty well enough. but if you start looking at that as your only transportation, I'll be the first to point out rain, and winter. Not the funnest times to be on a bike.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

wouldn't be a bad back, depending on milage. It get you around plenty well enough. but if you start looking at that as your only transportation, I'll be the first to point out rain, and winter. Not the funnest times to be on a bike.
    rain doesnt bother me too bad, I;ve never gotten upset over getting a little wet...plus the farthest commute i have is 3 miles, i can either tough it out, get a taxi, or bum a ride.

the things that worry me though are winter, and groceries. I live next to walmart, I can walk there, but I like brookshires too, plus other places I need to go.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    rain doesnt bother me too bad, I;ve never gotten upset over getting a little wet...plus the farthest commute i have is 3 miles, i can either tough it out, get a taxi, or bum a ride.

the things that worry me though are winter, and groceries. I live next to walmart, I can walk there, but I like brookshires too, plus other places I need to go.
    Bikes are nice if you want to be an organ donor or have a death wish .....

peple just dont pay attention or look for bikes. ive almost bee hit a bunch of times in my car! Plus once you feel the speed your just gunna want to go faster. Plus even though im 22, i think my mom would beat the shit out of me

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Plus even though im 22, i think my mom would beat the shit out of me
    heh, try coming home with road rash to hell and back, then take that beating. Its not fun, i promise.

And for that same 2500, you should be able to find a rather nice clunker to get you about for the next year. might look like crap, but would get you by.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

heh, try coming home with road rash to hell and back, then take that beating. Its not fun, i promise.

And for that same 2500, you should be able to find a rather nice clunker to get you about for the next year. might look like crap, but would get you by.
    Ya i could only imagine. thats why i just made my car faster than a 600. now i dont feel left out.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

My parents tell me they would kick me out if I got a motorcycle. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm gonna get a GSX-R once I move out. Not as my daily though.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    My parents tell me they would kick me out if I got a motorcycle. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm gonna get a GSX-R once I move out. Not as my daily though.
    Yeah I'm not looking for any kind of beast...But i wouldnt want a dirtbike/scooter/250 size....I like the 600's

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Ya i could only imagine. thats why i just made my car faster than a 600. now i dont feel left out.
    your cars running 10.80's and 10.90's?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

sucks what happened, but glad youre ok.

btw, an Ls1 k-member will not fit the 93-97 cars to the best of my knowledge. i know the v8's wont, not sure about the v6's.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

your cars running 10.80's and 10.90's?
    Hey hey hey i said faster, not quicker. Top end, not many 600's can go much past 165, and over 100 they dont really accel that fast. But as of now my best is 12.6 @ 120 so i got a little ways to go to be quicker

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Well my dad and i gathered up some parts, we were gonna disassemble this last weekend, and he was gonna put the new stuff in while I was in Hawaii. ( just so you know, the trip has been planned a long time, and if i backed out, the money would be wasted)

Anyway, Ive been driving one of his farm trucks. 4 door, long bed, dually, no A/C no radio, exhaust leak, bald tires, no tailgate, electrical short, etc. been out of inspection since 07. in other words it sucks. and I have other vehicles available for me to borrow. Well hes too busy to help me this last weekend. but he wants me to meet up with my grandad to work on it, so itll pass inspection.

well my dad thinks all it needs is mudflaps to pass, but it needs that, 6 tires, lights, exhaust plugged, and others im sure. well i call my grandad, who doesnt wanna work on it in the 110 degree heat. well i dont intend on driving it after i get back anyway.

well this pisses my dad off, he takes it offensive that i dont want to drive the truck over my other grandads (moms dad) buick, it was mine before the camaro, great car, love driving it. he called me yelling and was all like, "well if your mommas side is gonna help you then why the hell did you ask me to do anything, let them fix it..."

He ask mom where i was, then he came and took the truck, didnt tell me, stranded me, wouldnt answer his phone. this was the night before i left, so i dunno whos got my car now, whats getting done, whos doing it, nothing. it may be ready when i get back, it may not even be touched. i may have a $1000 bill, i may not have one at all.

I don't understand...he acts like i cant use my resources. As if only he can help me. if hes gonna work on the car, then i have to drive one of his cars. He wants total control over everything. I know hes got an ulterior motive, but I wont go there. Me not driving his truck is a win-win....he has his farm truck back, and I'm driving something better. All my grandad did was offer to let me drive his car instead of the farm truck, and my dad acts like its some kind of slap in the face.

its hard to enjoy my vacation when this kind of stuff is going on back home

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Sounds like your dad is a douche. I'd want my kid to have the better car.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well thank you.

yeah my dad has issues, him and i have never got along....hes the type that is more than happy to support him, as long as i follow in his foot steps and eat, breath, and shit according to his instruction.

I'm 22, live on my own, get my bachelors this year, paid by me, and own and maintain my own car.

No offense to him, but hes a highschool drop out having a hard time keeping a job, and hes seriously anti-social.

He's my dad, love him, but if he wants to help me and be involved with me...he needs to calm down a little bit

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

OK so i just got back from my trip. Gonna call me dad tomorrow to see how the cars going.

But in an update, my grandad called me in florida and said i could borrow a 97 ford contour from our family mechanic. Well I get back from my trip, and my grandad said he had a better solution. He went to look at the contour, and long story short, had a 99 century for sale.

It was his grand daughters, who i went to school with, shes the lesbian/ punk rocker chick, it was covered in band stickers, never been washed or cleaned out, some cig burns, lights out, dented up, $800.

So he bought it, cleaned it up. It took half a gallon of febreeze, and 2 cans of foam carpet cleaner, but it looks almost brand new on the inside, he spent another $800 putting a set of Michelins on it, getting it aligned, fixing the window motors, and replacing the lights. took the car from a 2/10, to a 7/10. The only problems now are a few dents and scratches. Like i say, its a 99, 3.1L, 80k miles. id say the car is in the $3500 range, and he has $1600 in it.

anyway, its his 3rd vehicle, he basically bought it with me in mind, and said I can borrow it indefinitely at no charge, i just gotta pay to maintain it.

With him having/had so many cars with allstate and a good record, hes paying the insane insurance of $14 a month. I'll post pics of it soon.

I still plan on trying to fix the camaro, i dunno what my dads done while I've been gone, but its nice to know that I have a good car to drive as long as i need.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

My bro has an 07 CBR 600 RR Honda. Quick bike..

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

OK so i got my oil pan in, and got a gasket. damn gasket was $45..it totally separates the oil pan from the crank, except for some holes....it looks like it is designed to reduce splashing and foaming. I cant find a pic, but ill take one when i can.

so i drive to my dads, 150 miles round trip, on my day off. i get to his house, mind you he's had my car for about 3 days shy of a month...took it to him on July 7th. So i pull up, see my car in the garage, front wheels are still on, not a good sign, wheels need to be off to swap suspension.

so i get up there and start looking around. over the last 3 and half weeks, hes managed to pick it up with a jack, and pop the hood. oh yeah...looks like my little sis has been playing tic tac toe in the dust thats settled on it...awesome for the paint.

so i pull out tools, and start taking stuff apart. looks like i didnt bend the body, its just another part of the k-member, but it looks like i did bend a lower control arm, and whatever it is the sway bar connects to.

i also noticed when i was under there that he had lifted my car in the classic bad spot...right where it says " do not jack here" so my fender it bent out. FML.

no one was home so i called him, and of all things, he bitches at me for getting under it without it being on jack stands...its been sitting on the hydraulic jack for a month...im sure its ok. but yeah that was his reason for not working on it...he cant find his jack stands.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    OK so i got my oil pan in, and got a gasket. damn gasket was $45..it totally separates the oil pan from the crank, except for some holes....it looks like it is designed to reduce splashing and foaming. I cant find a pic, but ill take one when i can.

so i drive to my dads, 150 miles round trip, on my day off. i get to his house, mind you he's had my car for about 3 days shy of a month...took it to him on July 7th. So i pull up, see my car in the garage, front wheels are still on, not a good sign, wheels need to be off to swap suspension.

so i get up there and start looking around. over the last 3 and half weeks, hes managed to pick it up with a jack, and pop the hood. oh yeah...looks like my little sis has been playing tic tac toe in the dust thats settled on it...awesome for the paint.

so i pull out tools, and start taking stuff apart. looks like i didnt bend the body, its just another part of the k-member, but it looks like i did bend a lower control arm, and whatever it is the sway bar connects to.

i also noticed when i was under there that he had lifted my car in the classic bad spot...right where it says " do not jack here" so my fender it bent out. FML.

no one was home so i called him, and of all things, he bitches at me for getting under it without it being on jack stands...its been sitting on the hydraulic jack for a month...im sure its ok. but yeah that was his reason for not working on it...he cant find his jack stands.

That sucks! just go buy some jack stands from walmart for like $20. IMO i wouldnt get under a car with out em. hope everything goes back together smooth

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

That sucks! just go buy some jack stands from walmart for like $20. IMO i wouldnt get under a car with out em. hope everything goes back together smooth
    well yeah I have jack stands...I just didnt bring em to his house cuz he said he had some....but i drove over an hour to work on this thing on my day off...i was gettin under that damn car, stands or not. But generally speaking, no i wont get underneath without em.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

how much longer untill you will be able to drive it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information