Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09

Yup, 2 years to the day after i bought my car, she met her demise. Shes not 100% totaled yet, but we will see once the mechanic looks at it.

So heres my story. I was out with this girl an 02WS6Dream. we had a few drinks, but I was far from drunk. so i take her home, and the road into her complex is weird. I almost hit the center median going in. Theres only a curb on the the outside, not the inside. So as im leaving, theres a big gap in the center median, its late. so i pull out at like a 45 degree angle and kinda cut across the road shallow, angled to the road, wheels straight. As i get across to my lane, i turn a little to get my car straight in the lane, and give it a little gas, im doing about 20. well when i gassed it, i hit a little gravel, car stepped out right, i turned to correct it, caught good traction, which flipped my rear end to the left hard. basically making it an over correction. so then i hit the 6" curb head on at about 30.

Busted my front tires off the rims...but the rims look ok. this bottomed me out, blowing my airbags and putting a hole in the oil pan. Then my rear wheels hit...they stayed on the bead, but too a chunk out of the lip on the drivers side. I pull back out on the road, get out, see the blown tire, and the oil drip, killed it there. and now its at the mechanics.

I managed to find a cool tow driver who didn't call the cops...i had beer in my car that busted so it reeked, and i was covered.

From the pics, it looks like i might have bent the passenged side wheel back into the fender a little. not real sure though. No body damage luckily.

Theres a guy on Ebay name firehawkjeff. he parts out wrecked f-bodies. hes a godo guy to work with. heres his prices.

The oil pan we have $50, air bags $150 pair, air bag sensors $30, dash $200, crash pad (new GM)$250.

do i need the crash pad? isnt that what is behind the front bumper?

And i still wanna know why the center of my dash blew the fuck up.

red
    00 z28 m6

bro i feel your pain. i had a 95z28 m6 and my girlfriend totaled it while i was in N.J visiting my fam. the that was a bad phone call. i wanted to kill her.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Sorry to hear the news.
    Bad things happen to good people, even sober people

Hope you get it fixed

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

yeah... i think technically its totaled, if it had full coverage they would def say so. but i think i have enough resources to fix it for under 2k

i listed the prices up there, $250 plus labor to get it running again. then whatever i have to spend for suspension. and then $200 for a new dash, which can wait.

I work all this week, then im off to hawaii for 2 weeks...plenty of time to figure shit out and get it fixed before i need it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

All that cuz you hit a curb, heh...

Hopefully there won't be any more damage then you already know about. And, of course... at least you weren't hurt.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    All that cuz you hit a curb, heh...

Hopefully there won't be any more damage then you already know about. And, of course... at least you weren't hurt.
    i know right...it all happened so fast, from pulling out of her gate, to in the ditch, bags blown, car full of smoke...about 2 seconds.

since i didnt hit it that hard, i didnt really fly into the air bag, either that or it really did its job. def didnt hit my face though. I got a little rash on my left arm, thats it. but i didnt have any soreness the next day.

i dont think theres any motor or dricetrain damage, thank god, with the exception of the oil pan.

Pewter
    99 Z/28

dam man that sux but glad ur ok and no dui's

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Sorry about your luck man.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I was expecting much worse then that after mine.

Glad your ok man, and im glad it wasnt worse. Also glad you found a cool tow truck driver who didnt screw you lol.

Oh yeah and the center of my dash blew the fuck up too and the air bags cracked the windows like fuck.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 07-06-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Gold
    1998 Camaro Z-28

That sucks man. GL

Arctic White
    '00 Camaro M6 SS #3553

Well, just look at it this way: Now's the chance to get a V8!

I used to have a '95 years ago 'til the fall of 2005 when I got my '00 SS. It was a blue 3.4L with a hardtop, cloth interior, A/T, manual windows/locks/seats and no CD player - nothing impressive, to say the least (although I did have some nice rims, exhaust and PIAA headlight conversion kit installed). Once I got rid of it, I got what I really wanted!

So hopefully you can get your hands on a car that'll make you forget all about this one!

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Im pretty sure if the air bags deploy the car is totaled not 100% sure though. But hey atleast now you can get a ta or a z hope everything works out.
    Dan-

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Sorry to hear about that, but at least you are OK and no DUI.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    I was expecting much worse then that after mine.

Glad your ok man, and im glad it wasnt worse. Also glad you found a cool tow truck driver who didnt screw you lol.

Oh yeah and the center of my dash blew the fuck up too and the air bags cracked the windows like fuck.
    So what happened to yours?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by GungHoPopsicle View Post
    Well, just look at it this way: Now's the chance to get a V8!

I used to have a '95 years ago 'til the fall of 2005 when I got my '00 SS. It was a blue 3.4L with a hardtop, cloth interior, A/T, manual windows/locks/seats and no CD player - nothing impressive, to say the least (although I did have some nice rims, exhaust and PIAA headlight conversion kit installed). Once I got rid of it, I got what I really wanted!

So hopefully you can get your hands on a car that'll make you forget all about this one!
    I dont have the cash to fix this one, much less upgrade. I graduate college in a year, I'm broke as shit, cant finance anything or afford higher insurance. i may be driving my old car for awhile, 95 LeSabre

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Ouch! :sad:

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Man. Hate to hear this. glad your ok though. Regardless of how bad it sucks, that part is important.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

I love my car to death but i have no luck what so ever I did a 180 into a wire guardrail, Im still waiting on my car to be finished, no engine damage to mine but wholcar basicly is getting repainted. SUx. so good luck and hope for the best

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

OK got some new pics, both from rims are fucked, one will hold air, one wont, so im now trying to scrounge up a spare so it will atleast roll.

it pushed my cross member back into my oil pan, creasing it, causing the leak, it also bent up my "right lower knee" thats what he called it. its the back side of the lower control arm, and the piece its connected too. its bent straight up.

They want $1500 to fix those two things and the oil pan.

Heres some more pics.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Wow, I'm sorry that happened. But at least you weren't hurt. I've been through my share of totaled Camaro's. I know exactly how it feels.

Thread Information