Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09

This is a discussion on Bye Bye Camaro...7/03/07-07/03/09 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; the crappy part is money, I cant afford to fix this, and I can't afford another car. Being a college ...

  1. #21
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    the crappy part is money, I cant afford to fix this, and I can't afford another car. Being a college kid I have a relatively good job. With shift differential I average about $11 an hour. But I don't get to work just a whole lot, 25-30 hours a week. I actually only have 7 shifts the month of July. I have family friends back home who could fix it. save me some cash, but also cost me time, and a lot of trouble. gotta find a way to trailer it back home, and figure out car swaps etc for the time being. I also gotta find a way to and from work.

    But I think my family will be willing to help me out some if i do what they want.

    A couple of members here have stepped in and are trying to help me out. just waiting on part numbers. I need to know if lower control arms from and LS1 will fit my car. and with 96 Bonnevile airbags fit.

  2. #22
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Oh and after going to the mechanic today, who told me just how bad the damage is, I come home and get on facebook. I have a new notification. IT was informing me that someone voted me their friend with the most fucked up life.

    "(1) of your friends voted you their "Most F**ked Up Life" friend. "

  3. #23
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    IMO $1500 isn't bad at all.

  4. #24
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Oh and after going to the mechanic today, who told me just how bad the damage is, I come home and get on facebook. I have a new notification. IT was informing me that someone voted me their friend with the most fucked up life.

    "(1) of your friends voted you their "Most F**ked Up Life" friend. "
    OH SH1T! Talk about...

  5. #25
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    Maybe they're upset at you for not being their neighbor on Farm Town?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Oh and after going to the mechanic today, who told me just how bad the damage is, I come home and get on facebook. I have a new notification. IT was informing me that someone voted me their friend with the most fucked up life.

    "(1) of your friends voted you their "Most F**ked Up Life" friend. "

  6. #26
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    So you know, i can get a truck and trailer and come take it whereever you need this coming weekend. so long as it'll somehow roll up ramps onto the trailer. just lemme know.

  7. #27
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    So you know, i can get a truck and trailer and come take it whereever you need this coming weekend. so long as it'll somehow roll up ramps onto the trailer. just lemme know.
    i appreciate that, but my parents are coming to tyler this weekend anyway, they said theyll bring a trailer...only thing i need to get it to roll is a spare. its at my old room matse house and hes being douchy.


    what i really need to know right now is if those parts will fit so i ccan get them coming in the mail

  8. #28
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    IMO $1500 isn't bad at all.
    well thats so far...and thats just to get it mechanically sound. that doesnt include the air bags/dash stuff.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    174

    Pewter
    2001 Z28

    I know we are all attached to our cars, but I think its a done deal bro. Looks like you need a new windshield too. Not trying to be an asshole but thats why alcohol and cars dont mix.

  10. #30
    i am going wild THE MANIAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    saudi arabia
    Posts
    180

    RED
    2001 m6 CAMARO SS-SLP

    Sorry to hear that

    glad your ok
    2001 camaro ss m6 slp options
    slp loud mouth - k&n filter-SLP LID

    WE have to fight off a new breed of ricers

  11. #31
    hanging around... LS1Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Tx
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,674
    '99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    i appreciate that, but my parents are coming to tyler this weekend anyway, they said theyll bring a trailer...only thing i need to get it to roll is a spare. its at my old room matse house and hes being douchy.


    what i really need to know right now is if those parts will fit so i ccan get them coming in the mail
    alrighty. just figured I'd throw that out there. if you can't find a spare by this weekend holler at me and i'll run mine up to you.

  12. #32
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    alrighty. just figured I'd throw that out there. if you can't find a spare by this weekend holler at me and i'll run mine up to you.
    thanks man, i got mine though

  13. #33
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    I know we are all attached to our cars, but I think its a done deal bro. Looks like you need a new windshield too. Not trying to be an asshole but thats why alcohol and cars dont mix.
    i agree, but not this time, i had only had a couple beers, over a few hours, not drunk, i was actually trying to be cautious since i had drank. it prob would have been worse if i was sober

  14. #34
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    897

    Red
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    So what happened to yours?
    Lady side swipped me doing 70 on her cell phone.

  15. #35
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    shitty situation... I wouldn't put any money into that car though. They just aren't worth anything anymore. Cost more to fix it than it's worth, money-wise.

  16. #36
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    I've got a factory LS1 K-member that you can have if you want it. im not sure if it will fit but all you have to do is pay for shipping. sorry to hear about your loss

  17. #37
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I've got a factory LS1 K-member that you can have if you want it. im not sure if it will fit but all you have to do is pay for shipping. sorry to hear about your loss
    dude i would really really appreciate it.

    I know everything else fits suspension wise, so I dont see why it wouldnt be worth trying.

  18. #38
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    dude i would really really appreciate it.

    I know everything else fits suspension wise, so I dont see why it wouldnt be worth trying.
    its pretty heavy so its prob gunna cost a little, but its your for free. i will work on finding a box this week that is big enough and see how much its gunna cost. i'll let ya know.....

  19. #39
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    cool, let me know...im trying to find out now if it will fit

  20. #40
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    heres my current ride...exactly like this one, but bronze.

    it hasn't left the farm in years...the inspection went out in may of 07, fenders are cracked, no A/C, no radio, leaky exhaust, bald tires. smells like cow shit...but hey, im mobile.



    and the mirrors dont match, passenger is a 97, drivers is a 93...look it up, theyre way different.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1967 Chevrolet Camaro - Classic Camaro With A Big-Inch Punch
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 05:10 PM
  2. 1999 trans am, 1995 z28 camaro, 1979 z28 camaro for sell!!!!
    By poneykiller2k4 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
  3. FS 97-02 Camaro Taillights/Ebony TTop shades/Camaro 35th model car
    By nhra-trans-am in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 12:34 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 12:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •