NBM
    01 Camaro SS

Buying an '01 Camaro SS next weekend

I'm getting back into the Camaro scene. Had an 88 Z28 with t-tops and 700R4 in high school, 94 Z28 with t-tops and M6 when i got out of high school. Sold it to buy a 4 wheel drive for Upstate NY when I was in college. It's been 5 years and now I am buying an 01 SS with t-tops, M6 and SLP CME ... with only 39,000 miles to boot. Pretty clean car, nice seller, can't complain! Spent 3 months hunting down a car like this.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1700504340.html

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

doesnt look to bad id get it

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Wow

3 yrs newer, 20k less miles and only 1.5k higher asking price. I'd get it, but mine has all the things done to it so you don't need to spend 3g's for a rearend down the road or 1.5g's for a Viper trans rebuild. Or worry about the 1g clutch job. Have fun in it looks nice same color as mine.

NBM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 42 View Post
    3 yrs newer, 20k less miles and only 1.5k higher asking price. I'd get it, but mine has all the things done to it so you don't need to spend 3g's for a rearend down the road or 1.5g's for a Viper trans rebuild. Or worry about the 1g clutch job. Have fun in it looks nice same color as mine.
    Guy had the tranny rebuilt already, factory rebuilt. Synchros went out in 3rd and 4th. Sounds like he beat on it pretty good in those gears, but got a full rebuild and its only got 6k miles since that.

I'm just gonna drive it stock for a while, quite a while. This is all I can afford for now anyways. I plan to get heavy into suspension before even getting to the motor. Whats the point in having a fast car if you cant put the power down or control it? I've always been about suspension before motor. I'm drooling for a tublar k-member, tublar a-arms, new springs, etc.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by ChvyCruzen View Post
    I plan to get heavy into suspension before even getting to the motor. Whats the point in having a fast car if you cant put the power down or control it? I've always been about suspension before motor. I'm drooling for a tublar k-member, tublar a-arms, new springs, etc.
    Myself included. I agree with your suspension build first. Plus it's alot more fun to see what the factory powertrain will run on a car that has a suepsnsion "done right"

It's probably just me but it looks like the rear wheels are poking out a bit? And lose the flame covered gauge faces.

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

NBM
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Myself included. I agree with your suspension build first. Plus it's alot more fun to see what the factory powertrain will run on a car that has a suepsnsion "done right"

It's probably just me but it looks like the rear wheels are poking out a bit? And lose the flame covered gauge faces.
    It does look like the rear wheels stick out. Probably on a spacer? I think it comes with the factory SLP wheels so I might slap those back on til I get a better wheel. I hate that gauge too, its ridiculous. I dont know if he has the factory one for that...

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

It does look like the rear wheels stick out. Probably on a spacer? I think it comes with the factory SLP wheels so I might slap those back on til I get a better wheel. I hate that gauge too, its ridiculous. I dont know if he has the factory one for that...
    It's probably just an overlay, which means hopefully he can simply peel that gaudy blue flame one off.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

The 98/99 SS 'maros came with those style wheels which are commonly referred to as "SS/ZR1 Wheels". IMO, I like those better than the 10 spokes, C5s, C5 Z06s, hell even better than the C6s I bought a while back. They look gooooooooooood!

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

They were also the chrome option in 2000.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Good looking car i'd buy it. I've been looking for a SS 6spd to park next to my TA. Keep my 93 5.0 LX vert for a DD.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Blue
    1999 Z28 SS

Put some pics up when you can.

NBM
    01 Camaro SS

New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaue View Post
    Put some pics up when you can.

I started a new thread. Go to http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136348 Pics are halfway down the first page.

Thread Information