Thread: to buy or wait

to buy or wait

I'm in the market for a 00-02 Fbody. I found one at a local used car lot. I was looking for a WS6 or a SS 6m with 50k miles or less and ran across this Z28.

its got 70k miles,
    red with 35th aniverisery ground effects
    T-tops
    4 new perelli tires
    automatic with stall
    and an aftermarket cam(specs unknown)
    ram air intake (like the SS but without the hood.

First price salesman said was 12,900 so could come down a little.
    over all I'd give this car a 8-8.5 out of 10

should i go for this one or hold out for a 6speed. The cam and stall are hard to turn down. I know it depends on if i want an auto or stick, but is this a good deal or just on ok deal. its 1/4 mile from my house so shipping isn't an issue.

NBM M6
    2000 SS

wait, you will be happier with a 6 speed and lower miles. Wait for what you want, it is worth it.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

To be honest i would wait... If its not exactly what you want then why settle.
    Not to mention You have no idea on the cam specs, and what stall is in the car.
    Its your call but i would continue to search around and find one with decent mileage and everything you want.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Party Time, Excellent... Kingc8r's Avatar

Arctic White
    2000 Z-28

If you want a manual wait for it. I prefer manual, I got an auto, I like it but I missed bangin gears....

i think i'm going to wait and keep looking. Thanks for your input, it really helps hearing it from you guys. Thanks

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Keep looking until you find what you want. I always wanted a Z but found this with the SS hood and wing. I took it since the SS is the best hood for these cars.

Definitely wait. Don't ever settle.

white
    1998 Z28

yah. dont ever settle for something you dont want. but...... a stalled a4 is amazing and more consistant in the 1/4 mile if thats what your looking for

it would be a daily driver, and to the track everyonce in a while. Its mostly to just enjoy driving. Thanks I haven't gone back and I plan to keep looking.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have never heard of 35th Anniversary ground effects?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

My first SS Camaro was a 1999, and it was bought in a hurried passion, as I couldn't fond exactly what I was looking for...a SS Camaro 6M. It was a A4. No sooner did I leave the lot than the sudden feeling of "Buyers remorse" set in. I kept thinking..."Why didn't I wait, I really wanted a 6 speed, I HATE this auto!"
    Fast forward to my second SS Camaro, a 2001 with a 6 speed. What a differance!
    My advice is by all means...WAIT until you find exactly what you want as you're more than likely going to have this car for quite some time. Get the one you want with the tranny, T-top if you want and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I have never heard of 35th Anniversary ground effects?
    i hadn't either, but they look like the RS ground effects and say 35th anniversary in the font simular to the firehawk. I looked it up and there was suppose to be a limited number of Z28s with 35th aniv packages, i found it [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth-generation_Chevrolet_Camaro"]/URL] down on the 2002 portion it seemed simular to the SS package, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but its gotta be something i saw the car, even started it up and checked out the engine. It looked as close to a SS without being an SS. Its sort of a mute point becuase I've decided to wait and keep shopping.

ONYX BLACK
    01 SS

wait and get what you want, i just recently got a 01 ss M6 with 85k on it for $8000 its probably a 7 out of a 10. get a M6 you will be alot happier. just keep looking one will pop up.

If you find something on a dealership right now you can pretty much make your own price.

White
    2002 Z28

I waited for more than 4 months to get my car. I bought it the last week of September.

02 Z28 with 1 owner. A4, T-Tops. It had 57,000 miles on it and I got all the receipts. It needed cleaned up, the chrome wheels were pitted bad and still don't look great. There is a couple dings. It needed tire too. Mostly though the car was well maintained and owned by an older gentleman and as such was probably never abused.

He was asking 10,900 for it and I went and look at it and offered 9,000. He told me he could never take that much for it. By the time I was done picking the car apart he took 9,000.

The right car is out there. Just be focused and be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    I waited for more than 4 months to get my car. I bought it the last week of September.

02 Z28 with 1 owner. A4, T-Tops. It had 57,000 miles on it and I got all the receipts. It needed cleaned up, the chrome wheels were pitted bad and still don't look great. There is a couple dings. It needed tire too. Mostly though the car was well maintained and owned by an older gentleman and as such was probably never abused.

He was asking 10,900 for it and I went and look at it and offered 9,000. He told me he could never take that much for it. By the time I was done picking the car apart he took 9,000.

I agree you dont want to just "settle" on one car just b/c your tired of waiting you dont want to be driving home in your new car thinking well I just wish it was...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I didn't get on the forums before i bought my car, so i couldn't find anything in nebraska for over a year. I would of had better luck in the classifieds on the forum. I wanted a Trans Am with Ram Air, but i had to settle for a Z28.

Wait, till you see what you want. I regret it everyday, i plan on buying a Trans Am soon.

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post

You can't get a car with that mileage and year in Canada for less than $14000 and that would be a deal

Arctic White
    1999 SS Camaro

Keep lookin"

HOLD OUT FOR AN SS CONVERTIBLE - they will be the "Quannnnnn" in 20 yrs.!
    I did !!!!!! and know THIS .. with the low production numbers being an SS AND being a convertible, will be like finding a leprichan in 2025 ! BESIDES THE FACT THEIRS NOTHING LIKE FOLDING THE TOP WHEN ITS NICE OUT. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES! You'll be glad you waited.... and got what was the REAL deal.

ChekM8-SS99

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Wait until you get exactly what you want, I wish I would have, not to say I don't love my Z

Thread Information