Thread: Buy Time?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Buy Time?

Wondering when would be the best time to buy.i lookd and seen some nice cars for about 13000 and low milage. im looking for an LS1 6speed Ttop Stock would be nice so i know what is all done to it and stuff. low milage i want the car to be able to kick ass for a long time. im thinking milage no more than 50000. i like T/As but Z28s and SS seem cheaper and for the same car right? i dont however have the money or the ability to get a loan at the time. im in highschool yet and will work this summer and sell my truck. im getting a large bonus for army and looking to spend it b4 i have it its a dream to have a bad ass car in highschool i have a firebird only a 6, five speed and its fun but i want a real car. i like to shift my own gears so its gota be stick. wondering where and when to buy. i see most cars are in dif states and i live in WI up by the border of the upper pinisila of michigan so looking for local rather than a 1000 miles away. when and where the best time to look. summer? fall? winter? not spring i gota have that shit for prom aka race night i went this year and it was stupid except for the racing i kickd all ass with just the 6cyl. wondering when to look seriously and stuff and where websights? paper isnt much. dealerships? here? help me out plz guys thanks
    Wishin for a LS1

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Selling your truck for an F-body.... in Wisconsin?!?! I'm here in MI and if I didn't have my truck, than I would be going no where in the winter. I say, wait until you can scratch some loot together and have both!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

hey man, this kid is just like me. first car was a 6cyl 5speed bird, and then i got a 2002 SLP SS 6speed t-top. they are fun and you'll enjoy hte upgrade.

best time to find one... prices will drop in the fall. because nobody wants these in winter.

also, i agree, save up and have a truck for winter. i just picked up a cheap dakota 4x4, they are a dime a dozen, great winter beater. and i need it with the winters i get up here, just north of the border.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

haha, my first car was a 95 bird A4 with the 3.4 v6.... POS!!!! Who knew, 8 years later I would be driving another fbody... but this one at least has balls.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

With the recent gas prices you should be able to pick up a z28 or ss anytime for a decent price. Just look around until you find that 6 speed with low miles. The sooner the better. A civic si gets less mpg then a v8 camaro, but don't tell that to the person you are buying it off!
    Last edited by ezwip; 06-10-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: typos, my speciality

Black
    2002 Trans Am

i will have a dodge avenger for winter its front wheel drive and its only gonna be one more winter i will live here and then off to w/e the army puts me i will have my 6cyl for daily driver yet.. hopefull and then the v8 car will be somethin to go kick some ass in on fridaynights and to have fun with in the gerage. u should see my truck i think its pritty sweet. has a roll bar in the bed i put in with 5 KC lights up there i got 2 KC fogs in the front and 2 Long Range KC and a brush gaurd 3in body lift 2 KC backup lights racing seats new carpet i painted the dash and in process of redoin the entire interor it was a gay red and im changin it to black and gray/silver it has a v8 in it but idk what i did no oil pressure most of the time and its not to good on gas haveing about 9mpgs back in forth to school. i will be puting a new motor in it and then selling it in fall hopefully when people want a truck to go around in the snow so hopefully feach some money from that. and a winter car is no big deal i got an avenger in the gerage right now im working on 5 speed idk whats up with it only one tire will spin and the other one locks up i think broken axle i got alot of the front end parts off just gota get to finishing it. thanks guys for the help. wishin for my LS1

Thread Information