Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Bought a hollywood z28

Well I bought this car from a guy that goes around and tunes LS1's... I think he's famous, but everyone I talk to doesn't have a clue who he is; except the one friend of mine that used to have a z28 until he flipped it. He told me when I moved to florida 4 years ago from indiana, about this guy and that I should goto his shop and check it out.. As it turns out, I never went to the shop, but I remembered his name and my friend mentioning it.

I bought jeremy formato's wifes, shalane formato, '98 camaro z28. I got his autograph while I bought the car. He runs a website called www.fasterproms.net, based in St. Petersburg, FL (a short drive from spring hill)

I'm still in complete shock. Anyone know about this tuner? I found him mentioned a few times on the forum. Do any of you know about the history of the car? Its silver with t-tops... I think they did some drag racing with it because they mentioned it runs low twelves with slicks. Do I have a gem or what? I plan on keeping this car for a LOOOONNNNGGG time...

When they owned the car, they did a lot of stuff to it.. Bored the throttle body, 224 comp cams and valve upgrade, 3400 stall,shorty headers, dual exhaust cut before the axle, 8mm wires, lowering kit, upgraded shocks (I think) and c6 rims. Also put a carbon fiber lid, ram air mod, removed the front grill. Let me say this car is freaking fast, it peels rubber on those big vette rims like nobody's business.

I feel special and I thought I would share this with the board... It might not be a big deal, but i like it and i thought I would share it with you. It gives some history to the car I'm asking questions about, and something for you to read.

If any of you need a tune, this guy is awesome... Highly recommended!

This is the pic of me buying the car from him, which I later attached his autograph in a frame.
    Last edited by eautocad; 10-09-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Congrats!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Nice Find! Have fun with your F-bod!!

Black
    2005 GTO

I don't know if I would call him famous but he his a highly known tunner in FL. He travels all over Fl to 4-5 differnt shops every month doing tunning and intake porting/tb porting. He tunned my car back in january, he defiently knows what he's doing very good guy. He will take the the time to show you exactly what he's doing when he's tunning and what affects it will have on the car.

Here's a link to an interview with him on lsx tv.

http://www.lsxtv.com/index.php?strea...flv&playlist=1
    Last edited by JonB; 10-08-2007 at 05:54 PM.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea that car is pretty built, congrats man, i hope you enjoy the new ride, and welcome aboard

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Thank you for the warm welcome to the board. I am learning about this car as I go, so I will attend regularly

He was really nice in person. He explained everything about the car, and gave me an awesome price. The car came with a louder muffler setup then what I have on it now, and I had to quiet it down because I live in the city.

The car is really amazing by itself let alone with the work done to it. I have always loved the z28 since a child, and this was my first. I wanted one when I was 16, but the insurance was too high. Then I moved south, and realized there was no more snow. But I was still too young. Now I'molder, the rates have dropped slightly, and I could afford it. Also, the lack of snow and freezing roads makes it a little more economic.

Thanks for the video link that was too cool! This place rocks!
    Last edited by eautocad; 10-08-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

W/ those supposed mods, that car will run much better than low 12s. Even in Florida heat that car should go 11s w/ sticky tires on it no problem.

Congrats on the new purchase.
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

thank you... I'm not sure if its a 581? or a 224, can you tell by the way it idles? I have a video of the car. Check it out and lemme know

let me say in the video i do 0-124 my rear end wasn't correctly set with the max energy. it shifted funny and i had to let off the gas, you can see it redline first gear, the speedo was correct to the gps

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

congrats if you don't mind saying how much did you pay for her ????

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

dang, that thing is sexay.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

hey i'm working autocad as we speak. what kind of drafting do you do at your job? Sweeeet car, by the way

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Only $8,000! But it did need some minor work... I had about $800 in leaks to fix (power steering, and tranny fluid) I also had to recalibrate the speedo, that was another $400 for the programmer. I also chose to quiet the thing down, because it was practically straight pipes, and in my neighborhood it was WAYYYY to loud..> I couldn't even talk to passengers while we rode. The certain rpms would cause all the plastic in the car to shake, making even more noise. You could feel the exhaust outside of the car when you started it, just pounding on your chest...

As far as autocad, I own a drafting outsource company that focuses in all areas of drafting. I am looking for autocad technicians to add to the standby list. The standby list is a list that we have on file of people, who are qualified drafters. When projects arrive, we delegate the work out to who is the best. You never have to show up in office, everything is done through the internet. If you would like to apply, send your resume and attached images of your work to mberenis@eautocad.com

our website sucks, but its a website

www.eautocad.com

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    Only $8,000! But it did need some minor work... I had about $800 in leaks to fix (power steering, and tranny fluid) I also had to recalibrate the speedo, that was another $400 for the programmer. I also chose to quiet the thing down, because it was practically straight pipes, and in my neighborhood it was WAYYYY to loud..> I couldn't even talk to passengers while we rode. The certain rpms would cause all the plastic in the car to shake, making even more noise. You could feel the exhaust outside of the car when you started it, just pounding on your chest...

As far as autocad, I own a drafting outsource company that focuses in all areas of drafting. I am looking for autocad technicians to add to the standby list. The standby list is a list that we have on file of people, who are qualified drafters. When projects arrive, we delegate the work out to who is the best. You never have to show up in office, everything is done through the internet. If you would like to apply, send your resume and attached images of your work to mberenis@eautocad.com

our website sucks, but its a website

www.eautocad.com

I wish I had a real resume...I'm fresh out of college, i have an associate's in drafting/design, but i accidentally hit that on the way to a Bachelor's in Civil Engineering....hit a snag on college funding so now i'm working for a land development consulting firm in Tulsa doing Civil 3D and cad production work. They are paying for the part-time college i'm doing now to finish up my Bachelor's and i'm gonna run into another associate's in land surveying on the way.....i've got almost 100 credit hours since 2004 when i started college and almost nothing to show for it...except for a sweet camaro SS

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Wow you have alot of experience and book time, that is just what we need. If you want to join us, shoot me an email with your contact info, and I'll add you to our list.

I noticed you have a child. I do too! Isn't it nice GM made a corvette with a back seat? LOL

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Wow you have alot of experience and book time, that is just what we need. If you want to join us, shoot me an email with your contact info, and I'll add you to our list.

I noticed you have a child. I do too! Isn't it nice GM made a corvette with a back seat? LOL
    LMAO My friends all say i bought the "poor boys' vette". My son loves it, he's almost 2 and he rides with me everywhere...yeah i am interested, could use some extra money...gonna have to get my home computer and internet going, all i have is a 2 year old laptop at the moment, and no CAD...i'll shoot you a PM shortly.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

maybe one day jeremy will be famous like lingenfelter.... I used to live in decatur! Too bad I didn't have my License back then! If your ever in decatur, check out the back 40, it has amazing prime rib.

I'd also like to ad that I've looked at alot of the cars shown on this site. They are truely a dedication to the muscle car era. I like to participate in the forums of the vehicle I am currently driving. The last forum I was involved, was for mercedes-benz owners. I owned a 2001 C240. It was a very nice vehicle, but I have always been pro General Motors over other manufacturers. Through the last 5 years, I've owned all of the manufacturers that appealed to me. First chrysler, with a 95 dodge neon sport. Secondly, a '00 Gmc Sonoma Zq8 with sportside. The third was a 99 Monte Carlo Z34. Fourth, a 99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. Sixth, a '01 Mercedes-Benz C240. And my favorite yet, my seventh and current vehicle, '98 Z28.

Which is my favorite? THE Z28 undoubtedly. The interior is superb and is in better condition than all of the vehicles above, and also the 2nd oldest. The performance is obviously way better as well. The vehicle that comes closest to the z28 would be the z34, followed by the zq8. All of the performance of the z series vehicles is similar, great acceleration feel.

As far as the Chrysler's, Ford's, and Benz's are concerned; I feel that the Mercedes was a great car, but it was too expensive to maintain. Oil changes are $400, and the cars computer mandates they be done or it flashes BRIGHT RED in your face while you drive. F*ck Mercedes and their neo-nazi tactics. The car itself, with out the bill, was swell. I'm sorry, I'm not paying $2k a year for services A and B to keep the cars records straight. Good luck selling it if you don't! Would you buy a Mercedes with out a clean service record and proper documentation? I didn't. The Chrysler was decent, I didn't really care for it too much other than sliding down hills and taking it off-road pseudo-rally. The ford was awesome, I liked it. But, the interior was wearing too quickly, as well as drinking $400 monthly in gas. So when petro hit $3+ per gallon, I said good bye. I'll never buy rice, unless it comes with chicken and soy sauce from my local Chinese food dealer.

I'm glad to be back with a trusty General Motors product. I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon !
    Last edited by eautocad; 10-09-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

got any other pics of the car?

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

No, just the videos listed above. I will have some soon! Maybe some down by the beach? Sunsets with silver look amazing...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I plan on getting Jeremy to tune my z soon also. I hear nothing but good things about the guy. How many miles does that z28 you just bought have? Its a nice looking car and looks fast! Welcome to the site!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

maybe one day jeremy will be famous like lingenfelter.... I used to live in decatur! Too bad I didn't have my License back then! If your ever in decatur, check out the back 40, it has amazing prime rib.

I'd also like to ad that I've looked at alot of the cars shown on this site. They are truely a dedication to the muscle car era. I like to participate in the forums of the vehicle I am currently driving. The last forum I was involved, was for mercedes-benz owners. I owned a 2001 C240. It was a very nice vehicle, but I have always been pro General Motors over other manufacturers. Through the last 5 years, I've owned all of the manufacturers that appealed to me. First chrysler, with a 95 dodge neon sport. Secondly, a '00 Gmc Sonoma Zq8 with sportside. The third was a 99 Monte Carlo Z34. Fourth, a 99 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. Sixth, a '01 Mercedes-Benz C240. And my favorite yet, my seventh and current vehicle, '98 Z28.

Which is my favorite? THE Z28 undoubtedly. The interior is superb and is in better condition than all of the vehicles above, and also the 2nd oldest. The performance is obviously way better as well. The vehicle that comes closest to the z28 would be the z34, followed by the zq8. All of the performance of the z series vehicles is similar, great acceleration feel.

As far as the Chrysler's, Ford's, and Benz's are concerned; I feel that the Mercedes was a great car, but it was too expensive to maintain. Oil changes are $400, and the cars computer mandates they be done or it flashes BRIGHT RED in your face while you drive. F*ck Mercedes and their neo-nazi tactics. The car itself, with out the bill, was swell. I'm sorry, I'm not paying $2k a year for services A and B to keep the cars records straight. Good luck selling it if you don't! Would you buy a Mercedes with out a clean service record and proper documentation? I didn't. The Chrysler was decent, I didn't really care for it too much other than sliding down hills and taking it off-road pseudo-rally. The ford was awesome, I liked it. But, the interior was wearing too quickly, as well as drinking $400 monthly in gas. So when petro hit $3+ per gallon, I said good bye. I'll never buy rice, unless it comes with chicken and soy sauce from my local Chinese food dealer.

I'm glad to be back with a trusty General Motors product. I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon !
    man why is everyone on this site from Indiana and moved? am I the only one left still living in Indiana? lol oh yeah I'm a drafter to, but just have a assc. in CAD design tech, what does your average project involve/pay?

Thread Information