Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bought a hollywood z28

This is a discussion on Bought a hollywood z28 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by colesherman86 man why is everyone on this site from Indiana and moved? am I the only one ...

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    man why is everyone on this site from Indiana and moved? am I the only one left still living in Indiana? lol oh yeah I'm a drafter to, but just have a assc. in CAD design tech, what does your average project involve/pay?

lol looks like you can use this site for your new Z and recruiting too eautocad!! Maybe we should have a LS1 Drafters thread? (yeah i know, terrible idea, all we'd do is argue over cad standards. j/k)

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    lol looks like you can use this site for your new Z and recruiting too eautocad!! Maybe we should have a LS1 Drafters thread? (yeah i know, terrible idea, all we'd do is argue over cad standards. j/k)
    Now I know who all to contact when I'm learning CAD.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

wow there's alot of drafters and cad techs on this site!

The car had 88k when i bought it.

Our average project pays anywhere from $100 to $10,000 depending on the type of work and the detail.

This site is awesome.

As far as Indiana goes, I'm coming back one my wife finishes her degree next summer. I hate Florida. It is nothing like Indiana. There is no peace, serenity, open space, etc. All you have is traffic, jungle, and @ssholes that are too old to drive. The police here are really bad too, they just put up speed cameras every 1/4 mile on the expressway near my house...,. I miss Indiana...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    wow there's alot of drafters and cad techs on this site!

The car had 88k when i bought it.

Our average project pays anywhere from $100 to $10,000 depending on the type of work and the detail.

This site is awesome.

As far as Indiana goes, I'm coming back one my wife finishes her degree next summer. I hate Florida. It is nothing like Indiana. There is no peace, serenity, open space, etc. All you have is traffic, jungle, and @ssholes that are too old to drive. The police here are really bad too, they just put up speed cameras every 1/4 mile on the expressway near my house...,. I miss Indiana...
    What do you use for a 3-D program? Yeah I know what ya mean about Indiana, I lived in mid michigan for the last two years for school and it sucked, I'm glad to be back

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

what do you mean by hollywood z28? just curious not trying to be a smart ass.

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

lol hollywood as in famous... lol its not really that famous like a movie star, a president, etc... Just the best lsx tuner in FL ;IMO of course.

For 3d I like solid works, but I really like the 3d features that autocad has built in. Its not as snazzy, but I feel you can produce objects faster.What do you use?

I've had friends move from indiana, and they all return.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

i'm having ed wright at Fastchip tune mine since he's local and quite awesome, but not until early next year, i'm gonna get a set of LT's and ORY first

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

Ive seen lt and ory elsewhere, what is it?

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

long tube headers and off road y-pipe (no cats)

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

nice, thank you for the info

I bet that would really wake a car up.. These ls1's are AMAZING with some free flowing intake/exhaust, the sound is truly unforgettable.

What is the difference between Long tube and short tube headers performance/sound wise?

I would love to get my exhaust to stay true dual and go out the back like normal? any way to get this done? I've heard you can't, and I've heard you can....

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

some custom pipe bending work, but it can be done

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

will i have to be careful over bumps?

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

yes, the way i've seen it done does lower you're clearance level slightly, and if you're car has already been lowered, it's a little worse even. That's why on the stock exhaust you see some flat spots, it was GM's solution to clearance issues, however restrictive....

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

True Dual exhaust read me. pics/and share your information. here's a link to a thread on true dual systems

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

thank you! What about performance wise, I would think being cut off before the axle would yield a little more HP because of less restriction...

From reading that thread you posted, it appears that the diameter of the pipes will be compromised where it goes over the axle... 3 to 1.5? No thanks. Not with a cam!

Side mounted exhaust sounds interesting, and cheap because my current setup dictates that style. Thoughts or comments about it? It might be too loud though... No cats, just str8 out the side into traffics' (police officers') ears.
    Last edited by eautocad; 10-11-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Not sure, someone else with more experience may be able to answer, i only have knowledge based on what i've read on this site so far

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by eautocad View Post
    lol hollywood as in famous... lol its not really that famous like a movie star, a president, etc... Just the best lsx tuner in FL ;IMO of course.

For 3d I like solid works, but I really like the 3d features that autocad has built in. Its not as snazzy, but I feel you can produce objects faster.What do you use?

I've had friends move from indiana, and they all return.
    the job i have now we only use 2d in autoCAD2001i, but in high school i used rino3d,autoCAD and soildworks, in college we use autoCAD, mechanical desktop, and CATIA. CATIA is sweet as hell so is rino but rino is more of a modeling program not so good for something that needs specs. but i haven't used the new release of rino so they could have changed it

www.eautocad.com

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

we'd love to have you on our standby list, you are a very experienced draftsman. goto www.eautocad.com and submit through the employment tab, or email me your resume and attached images of your work to mberenis@eautocad.com

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

TEXAS SPEED make a true dual system and I believe the pipe is 2.5".

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    the job i have now we only use 2d in autoCAD2001i, but in high school i used rino3d,autoCAD and soildworks, in college we use autoCAD, mechanical desktop, and CATIA. CATIA is sweet as hell so is rino but rino is more of a modeling program not so good for something that needs specs. but i haven't used the new release of rino so they could have changed it

I do mostly civil work, I used AutoCAD 2004-2006 in college, and now I use a beefed up version of Land Desktop, called Civil 3D 2008.....if Autodesk would stop worrying about getting new versions every year, and take care of bugs, it would be outstanding. I work around the small issues though. The program does do great with profiles, like for sanitary and water...storm, not so much, with City of Tulsa standards there's a lot more involved with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information