JET BLACK
    99 SS

Are blacked out lights illegal in CALI?

Thinking about making my 98 red ss all black; paint, tints, and light (tail and front) Are blacked out tail and front lights illegal in cali?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Probably. Most everything else is

I don't know

Black
    2001 Camaro SS #1469

I think blacked out lights are illegal in every state. Most come marked "for off road use only"

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

specially tail lights !

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Probably. Most everything else is

I don't know
    Yeah I think just about everything is illegal on the left coast. I'm surprised you guys don't have to pee though a special devise that takes out the bad stuff so some tiny microscopic animal won't get sick.. But pot is okay, go figure....
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Yeah I think just about everything is illegal on the left coast. I'm surprised you guys don't have to pee though a special devise that takes out the bad stuff so some tiny microscopic animal won't get sick.. But pot is okay, go figure....
    It's only 2010. Give them time. I'm sure they'll come up with something like that.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

sorry to say i always heard cali is where its at, I was their back in 08, and I was not impressed with anything in cali sorry guys its just overrated lol.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    sorry to say i always heard cali is where its at, I was their back in 08, and I was not impressed with anything in cali sorry guys its just overrated lol.
    Don't be sorry on my account

I'm counting the days till I can GTFO

Artic
    2002 Z28

California is the sh*t and will always be home for me... we do deal with alot of B.S. but it's worth it 100%.. but to answer your question.. kinda.. you may get messed with or you may not. I have had mine painted black for a year and never gotten pulled over for them.. knock on wood. Worst case scenario is you get a fix it ticket. keep a spare pair of stocks, pay the $15 and put them sh*ts back on. WESTSIDE!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I wouldn't say all the bullshit is worth putting up, however you can't beat the weather, the sights, and having traveled to as far back as Chicago the women here are hotter and in larger #'s

Artic
    2002 Z28

+1 my friend +1

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    so cal yes, nor cal(except oakland) is where its at. but then again ive only been on vacations there.

Som
    1998 z28

nah its illigal for sure i got rolled for that on my old camaro

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Well its like someone else said above.....it is and it isnt, i had blacked out lights on an 01' ws6, 97' z28 and an 06' Charger. i never got pulled over but if they are looking for a reason to mess with you they will definitely use that. I think is has to do with how dark it is too, like maybe what kind or how much paint they/or whoever they pay to the tinting uses....some peoples tint looks dark as hell and you really cant see there lights (blinkers) during the day and others you cant even tell its tinted when they flash.

Oh and yea Cali is overrated....its not "where its at".....i watch all those older movies that depict Cali as being this awesome fun in the sun state. BS! I mean dont get me wrong, it has its perks and i was born here, lived here all my life and i too am counting the days to my departure, that shows something
    Last edited by ggino85; 02-27-2010 at 07:00 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I wouldn't say all the bullshit is worth putting up, however you can't beat the weather, the sights, and having traveled to as far back as Chicago the women here are hotter and in larger #'s
    Guess you've never been to south beach FLA..

JET BLACK
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    so cal yes, nor cal(except oakland) is where its at. but then again ive only been on vacations there.
    whats wrong with oakland??? I love the bay area lived here my whole life. THe only bad thing is some many rules, But I guess sine we can get high legally, we aint so bad

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    Oh and yea Cali is overrated....its not "where its at".....i watch all those older movies that depict Cali as being this awesome fun in the sun state. BS! I mean dont get me wrong, it has its perks and i was born here, lived here all my life and i too am counting the days to my departure, that shows something

I agree, Have family that has lived there since the late 30's. It's not all it's cracked up to be anymore. Last 3-4 years alot have left for Arizona/Nevada.
    News here mentioned the other day, that attendance was so low in many California schools that they were closing doors. I think the economy has chased people out of Cali as well.

As far as tinted lights, it's up to you. It looks okay on some cars. But I'd never do anything that would lessen the affect of my brake lights. I wouldn't be worried about getting pulled over, I'd be worried about the dumbass behind me not stopping.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by khickenwang View Post
    whats wrong with oakland??? I love the bay area lived here my whole life. THe only bad thing is some many rules, But I guess sine we can get high legally, we aint so bad
    ive only been on vacations. the only that has ever caught my interest ther is a raiders game but i only like the raiders. they are not my favorite team but i would like to see them do well.

Thread Information