Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Black Wheels on Z28,Yes,No maybe so

This is a discussion on Black Wheels on Z28,Yes,No maybe so within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I think black rims only look good on silver/pewter camaros or in some cases white camaros but then again it ...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I think black rims only look good on silver/pewter camaros or in some cases white camaros but then again it depends on the rims itself.

white
    98 SS

I have a white SS (black roof and mirrors) and had my ZR1 rims powder coated black several years ago. I always get comments regarding how tough the vehicle looks. I think chrome looks ghetto and that matte or powdercoated silver looks much better than chrome

FAS02SS

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Black Wheels

I've got a set of MB Racing black powdered coated 5 spokes w/polished lip on my pewter 02 SS, they look great and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them. Black looks good on certain colors and all my highlights on the car are black w/very dark tinted windows so they look really good on the car.

Guess my wife and 3 kids will be surprised to find out I might be gay based on wheel color.....what an idiot!!

Silver
    2002 SS

Mine came with the chrome SS 10 spoke wheels. Too much cleaning and too much shine for me. Plus they were starting to pit.

I bought these new from GM and love 'em. They look better and everything washes right off with a wet rag since they are clear coated.

I don't care that they originally only came on those darn gay, red 35th SS's.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Click for full size

Anniversary wheels look fantastic on silver cars with black accents

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Black wheels show poor taste/gay...thats a new one on me.
    Painted wheels are really the most durable. I really like chrome wheels, but on my silver car I needed contrast, so went with a black(aka no taste) wheel with a polished lip. Had Privat Profils, but they had a bad clearcoat on the lip, so have a credit at DT, now I have some Z06 motorsports coming in, black with the silver lip..I like the look of the black Z06 motorsports, but they are nowhere near my favorite wheel. I had to use my credit up at DT, so these were cheap at $129 each.

blue
    2000 z28

I put the black lightning ss with a 3" chrome lip, made by HP Racing on my dark blue z28 with the ground effects and it looks mean, by the looks it appears to have picked up 100 hp's.

I've seen many cars with black wheels that looked good, but they all had a polished lip. Now with that being said chrome is still the king

Red
    01 Camaro SS & 1995 T/A

Black rims are "gay"? They show "poor choice and taste"? That's odd....because I have literally received hundreds of compliments on my T/A...and no "gay" or "poor taste" comments; probably because no punk is man enough to say that to my face....or most likely nobody feels that way.

Everyone has different taste. As long as you don't put obscene rims, i.e. 22' dubs or spinners, on an f-body, and it looks good....then do it.

blue
    2000 z28

Bottom line is all of our cars are F-Body's with Ls1 motors,whatever you put on your vehicle is your preference,they still look good and perform, who am i to knock anyone because they have chrome or black rims, they all look good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information