Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Beware of online scam guys!!!

This is a discussion on Beware of online scam guys!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I wish i could help out on this. Its SOO cool that other people are helping out so much. That ...

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

I wish i could help out on this. Its SOO cool that other people are helping out so much. That really makes me iffy about online buying now. Sorry you have to go through this man.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Thanks a lot guys. So far here is what I know. I just got a hold of someone who claims to be the STEPSON of this Christopher Caprio. "Dan" is the name he claimed. But the way he spoke, his intonation, his vocal patterns, and everything else, his demeanor, etc...all fit with the birthday of 5/9/83. I was able to gather this from other sites he frequented. The number I was able to get for this guy was (630) 830-3374. This is how I got a hold of him.

I know this guy's address, DOB, name, name of his relative Jacqueline Caprio, and other info. I contacted the Hanover Park Police Department and spoke to the desk Sargeant. He said that an investigator would be contacting me in the morning and will follow up on the case.

Also, the idiots at my bank processed my claim incorrectly so there is another couple of days lost due to stupidity. PayPal is still investigating the claim as well. And Ebay too. We'll see what happens. I know the police will be to his house in the morning. At least that is good.

I also spoke to the IC3. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). We will see what that leads to as well.

That's it for now! Stand by for more developments soon. I will get this guy. Karma is a motherf@cker!
    Last edited by Anthracis; 05-24-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

So glad ur getting somwhere with this.. Keep us updated..good luck

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

yea dude gl with this, i was considering buying a set of lt headers off ebay from a "new seller" with like 20 positive feedbacks, until i checked to see what they were for. turns out they were all for the guy as a BUYER, not as a seller. and the items he bought were all like .50 cent ebooks on the same day. so he did that to just pad his positive feedbacks when in reality he never sold anything. i go on to check on him yesterday and all the auctions have been removed and a search for his name says "no longer a registered user". so i dodged a bullet on that one!

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

That was good work on your part (smart). Yeah there are obvious sellers on there that you can buy from, the ones with a lot of pos. feedbacks for selling. Hell I am on there for buying, lingerie for my well now X-Wife. But I personally don't see how ppl can rip others off like that. Got to be ppl that don't WORK a real job.

They are fuckin 's

18D Cock Diesel

UPDATE!!!

Just got a call from the Illinois State Police today. I spoke to the investigator assigned to the case.

I guess that the IC3 (FBI and local LE collaboration) forwarded my complaint to them. They said that they are contacting Chris Caprio at this time and if he does not respond, they will be stopping by his place.

I also spoke to Mark again today and he added that he was able to get another piece to the puzzle. I guess that this Chris Caprio would get money from people like us and then sub the work out to a guy in North Carolina (Phil Cook). I guess this guy has a connection to getting rear ends cheaper or something. Anyways, he just sub'd the thing out and the guy would drop ship the completed parts to whomever. I guess that Mark also contacted Moser and they added that Chris Caprio hadn't bought anything from them since early April and that was some small minor parts.

That's it thus far. I am stading by to see what happens. The investigator said that they should be able to get me my money. The investigator added that I would most likely get my money because I did not just send him a money order and I did not send it to some place out of the country.

I will get justice!!!

Justice is always on the side of the righteous! HOOOAH!

18D Cock Diesel

UPDATE!!

I just got an email from Chris Caprio this evening. Here it is:

"Tom,
    I am in no way ripping you off. I left it up to my
    suppliers to get the parts out like they have never
    had a problem doing in the past and I was on vacation
    for the past week so my phone was not working. I
    apologize that you have no received your parts you
    definately should have had them by now. If you would
    like I can sort this out with my suppliers and get
    everything rushed to you ASAP or I can refund your
    money if you like. I greatly apologize again for the
    confusion. This has never happened before and I am
    embaressed by it.

Chris"

1. You guys reading should know that Chris' supplier already told both Mark and myself that he hadn't ordered a thing.

2. Phone was not working because he was on vacation!? What a stupid excuse! They never disconnect my number when I take a vacation for a week!!

3.He never ordered any parts.

NOW LET ME SHARE WITH YOU GUYS WHAT HE REALLY IS SAYING IN HIS EMAIL TO ME (NO BULLSHIT VERSION):

"TOM,
    I JUST GOT CONTACTED BY THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ACTUALLY CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES. I THOUGHT THAT I GOT AWAY CLEAN WITH YOUR MONEY! I SHUT OFF MY PHONE AND TOOK DOWN MY WEBSITE. I EVEN STOPPED RESPONDING TO YOUR EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT MY MOM'S HOME NUMBER, ADDRESS, AND MY BIRTHDATE!

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T JUST GOING TO GO AWAY AND I MAY ACTUALLY GET ARRESTED FOR FRAUD. SOOOOO, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO, I WILL ACTUALLY GET YOU THE PARTS YOU ORDERED AND PAID FOR.....OR.....I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES AND WERE ABLE TO STILL TRACK ME DOWN. DAMN YOU MAN!!

-CHRIS"

I think that I will be getting my money soon! I emailed him back just this simple phrase: "Refund my money immediately." We'll see what happens.

Standby for more updates!
    Last edited by Anthracis; 05-26-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    UPDATE!!

NOW LET ME SHARE WITH YOU GUYS WHAT HE REALLY IS SAYING IN HIS EMAIL TO ME (NO BULLSHIT VERSION):

"TOM,
    I JUST GOT CONTACTED BY THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ACTUALLY CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES. I THOUGHT THAT I GOT AWAY CLEAN WITH YOUR MONEY! I SHUT OFF MY PHONE AND TOOK DOWN MY WEBSITE. I EVEN STOPPED RESPONDING TO YOUR EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT MY MOM'S HOME NUMBER, ADDRESS, AND MY BIRTHDATE!

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T JUST GOING TO GO AWAY AND I MAY ACTUALLY GET ARRESTED FOR FRAUD. SOOOOO, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T WANT TO, I WILL ACTUALLY GET YOU THE PARTS YOU ORDERED AND PAID FOR.....OR.....I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU CONTACTED THE AUTHORITIES AND WERE ABLE TO STILL TRACK ME DOWN. DAMN YOU MAN!!

-CHRIS"

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

LMFAO, You called his MOM!!! thats awesome...

18D Cock Diesel

I called his mom's house. Yep...he's 24 and still lives at home!!!!! Not that there's anything wrong with that! lol

I also found some more info on Chris Caprio...physical description. He is 6'2" and approximately 225 pounds with bodyfat in the 18-22% range. He was born in Bartlett, Illinois. Just one more nail in his coffin! He also claims to be close to his black belt (what a joke...I eat black belts for breakfast and shit insurgents).

Anyhow, no refund to PayPal as of yet. I'll give him a few more days before I follow up with the Illinois State Police.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

dude you're the man

Trans Am for life baby SexyTransAm's Avatar

95-black & 80-blue
    95 Trans Am and 80 TA

u r a bad ass!!!! get ur $$$ back and put his ass in jail anyway!!! i got took on a PSP i sold on ebay but no1 could do anyhting cause the guy that bought it was in Nigera.

95 TA A4, Black on Black C5 Z06 wheels, CAI, 160 powerstat, TB coolent bypass, TB foil, LT4 Knock Sensor, STB, SFC, Poly trans and torque arm mounts, flowmaster muffler, gutted cat, and hypertech tuned.
    http://www.fquick.com/SexyTransAm

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    UPDATE!!

"TOM,

-CHRIS"

I think that I will be getting my money soon! I emailed him back just this simple phrase: "Refund my money immediately." We'll see what happens.

LMFAO That sucks that this happed, but you got him good now and I have never laughed so hard in my life.....

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

If it a visa you file a dispute over the charges by calling visa i have frends who have this it works

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Good for you Anthracis, glad its working out in the end.

And on a sidenote, that guy is a pure sack of chit.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

Quote Originally Posted by 00ssSLP View Post
    LMFAO That sucks that this happed, but you got him good now and I have never laughed so hard in my life.....
    Thats awesome. This jackass should have someone fuck him out of $2600...... Like you said. Karhma is a bitch!

18D Cock Diesel

UPDATE!!!!

I got an email from PayPal stating that a refund is pending and that it should take approximately 7 days to process.

I'll withold judgment until I get the funds in my account. But so far it looks like I win! Hooah!

He thought he was gonna get $2668+ that easily? He must be DEE DEE DEE!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

i got scammed one time and i called my bank and they refunded my money immediately. they said they refund the money and then send their ppl after them to collect the money. i was amazed how smooth it went.

Blue
    99 Z28

I'm glad things seem to be working out.
    + 1 on you bein a badass, sounds like you did good.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

nice man im glad that things are looking up for you...i got scammed nearly the exact amount on ebay roughly 3 years ago (im now almost 19)..thats why i took great interest in the post..it was for a somewhat worn down m3...guy only wanted 7500...everything looked good on the site..i had his email adress and all and he gave me a real good story for selling the car so i was absolutely convinced..and he had faulty documents claiming it all came from ebay themseleves...my young and stupid side decided to do what young and stupid kids do and sent him 2600 through western union...I KNOW I WAS A MORON!! it just goes to show how common this stuff is and how safe you have to be with ebay purchases...i filed claims through ebay and the authorities but they couldnt do anything..it makes me sik knowing that there are lifeless assholes willing to go sooo far, willing to risk prison time, for money that you could earn...i hope that prick gets the punishment he deserves..but on the other hand...im very glad to see that you are getting your money back...nice job

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information