Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Best bang for the buck!

This is a discussion on Best bang for the buck! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Another good way to go fast is to put the car on a diet. Take out non needed things to ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member ff_jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15
    Another good way to go fast is to put the car on a diet. Take out non needed things to loose weight. Usually free too, so I would say that that is the best bang for the buck.

  2. #22
    12 SECOND CLUB FASTEDDIE Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brick N.J.
    Posts
    51

    White
    1998 Z28 12.53@107.8

    Quote Originally Posted by SSMuscle View Post
    I also own a A4, and i gotta say that the best things to do to the ls1, without breaking your pocket is:
    SLP Lid
    Subframe Connectors
    T/B bypass kit
    Cat delete
    Cold air free mod
    Send T/B out to get ported
    NGK Iridium plugs
    MSD spark plug wires
    Full Tune

    These mods will get the car feeling good, but won't break your pockets.
    These are all good basic mods to do and not too expensive .Couple hundred bucks . But at most you will pick up @15hp .Maybe 2 tenths in the 1/4 .

  3. #23
    Member 98Hardtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Richmond Va
    Posts
    180

    black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

    Quote Originally Posted by SSMuscle View Post
    I also own a A4, and i gotta say that the best things to do to the ls1, without breaking your pocket is:
    SLP Lid
    Subframe Connectors
    T/B bypass kit
    Cat delete
    Cold air free mod
    Send T/B out to get ported
    NGK Iridium plugs
    MSD spark plug wires
    Full Tune

    These mods will get the car feeling good, but won't break your pockets.
    Also don't forget a cutout. That is good for an easy 10 rwhp and a tenth or two on ET.

    09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

    97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

  4. #24
    GROUND KONTROL C.C. CEO SSMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    136

    PEWTER
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    sounds good, but a t/b bypass kit really wont help me here where its hotter than hell at all times will it? i thought that by passed the radiator cooler that warms the car when its cold. and dont i kinda need that when we get another ice storm down here in kentucky?
    Well, the t/b bypass would help when it gets really hot. There's a line under your t/b that allows hot coolant to pass by your t/b, which would heat it up in case of icy conditions. The good thing about it is that it can be placed and removed whenever needed. Therefore if it's hot as hell like you say, this would help cool up your incoming air by bypassing the t/b. Then when it starts to get cold again, you can simply place the lines back on your t/b whenever. It's simple, and effective. And won't cost hardly anything.

  5. #25
    GROUND KONTROL C.C. CEO SSMuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    136

    PEWTER
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE Z View Post
    These are all good basic mods to do and not too expensive .Couple hundred bucks . But at most you will pick up @15hp .Maybe 2 tenths in the 1/4 .
    He said cheap lol. You can't do much with a low budget. But at most, the free mods and suspension is a good start.

  6. #26
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    i have absolutely no idea why in the hell i just said my car was a manual, ha ha ha, its automatic, blond moment, if ya cant tell by now im a woman lmao
    Actually, you'd be surprised how many folks think "standard trans" means auto.. Common mistake really these days.. Kinda like when someone says "regular" screw driver.. Us old school guys know that is a flat head screw driver, younger folks tend to say it's a slotted, or strait screw driver..lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-03-2010 at 04:17 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  7. #27
    12 SECOND CLUB FASTEDDIE Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brick N.J.
    Posts
    51

    White
    1998 Z28 12.53@107.8

    Quote Originally Posted by SSMuscle View Post
    He said cheap lol. You can't do much with a low budget. But at most, the free mods and suspension is a good start.
    .Excactly , You cant beat FREE MODS . LOL !

  8. #28
    Member 94 Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Mesa
    Age
    37
    Posts
    505
    M3 SMG 350HP

    Free mods, 3.73 Gears, 3600-4000 Stall and M/T drag Radials will put you in the high 7's for sure.

    If you want to go real fast get an NX kit and go low 7's high 6's with a great 60ft. I went 8.4 on the motor and 7.6 on a 75shot wet NX.

    Just my o2

    Dustin

  9. #29
    Junior Member darter75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1

    IROC blue
    1998 Camaro B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Actually, you'd be surprised how many folks think "standard trans" means auto.. Common mistake really these days.. Kinda like when someone says "regular" screw driver.. Us old school guys know that is a flat head screw driver, younger folks tend to say it's a slotted, or strait screw driver..lol
    Actually the fourth generation Camaro's and Firebird's came "standard" with automatic trans the 6spd was a "no cost option". Yes a manual trans is known as a "standard" trans but what manufacturers mean by comes "standard" is what comes in the car w/o selecting otherwise. Thus the rarety of a 4th gen with a 6spd. The dealers were issued mostely auto cars.

  10. #30
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by darter75 View Post
    Actually the fourth generation Camaro's and Firebird's came "standard" with automatic trans the 6spd was a "no cost option". Yes a manual trans is known as a "standard" trans but what manufacturers mean by comes "standard" is what comes in the car w/o selecting otherwise. Thus the rarety of a 4th gen with a 6spd. The dealers were issued mostely auto cars.
    Umm I did'nt say anything about what comes as a "standard" option.. A standard trans = a manual shift (with ckutch peddle) transmission where I come from.. A standard option is something all together different. This is'nt the first time I've owned an f-body (don't let the v6 thing fool ya) nor is it the first time I've been around cars or window stickers lol.. So I'm not really sure to whom or to what you're trying to clearify things.. I also do not see the 6-spd manual transmission as being all that rare...

    Dealers usually try to get cars that will sell best in thier area. Many times that means autos sell better than standards because fewer folks today want to shift or do anything for themselves ie: whatever is easiest.. Production numbers for a given model are set by the automotive manufacturers, not by dealers.. Also not so sure dealers are "issued" cars.. I believe they fill out orders according to store volume along with other variables based on past sales, and a future sales projection. Also, what has moved well for them in the past among other things ..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-30-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. best bang 4 buck
    By dljr27 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 07:44 AM
  2. The most bang for my buck
    By crashkev469 in forum GTO
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 04:03 PM
  3. Bang For the Buck LS1
    By formula_power in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
  4. which kit is the best bang for the buck?
    By 99RedRagtop in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 10:05 PM
  5. Bang for the buck
    By camaro_freak86 in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 04:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •