Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 88

Bent a rod today... FML... i hate friday the 13th.

This is a discussion on Bent a rod today... FML... i hate friday the 13th. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; straight up BIG!!! nows the time for sure and if you got the cash even better..keep us posted bro...

  1. #41
    Member Racer X Vpr Klr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    cal
    Posts
    164

    pewter metalic
    2000/WS6/TA

    straight up BIG!!! nows the time for sure and if you got the cash even better..keep us posted bro

  2. #42
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer X Vpr Klr View Post
    straight up BIG!!! nows the time for sure and if you got the cash even better..keep us posted bro
    i will for sure. ill get pics as soon as the engine is torn down.

  3. #43
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Racer X Vpr Klr View Post
    hey dr crash does that 408 come complete like the goodwrench motor?? how much more weight does that add to the car??
    ya it comes with most of what you need. you just have to buy some gaskets and swap stuff over. i am replacing some stuff though (oil pump, timing chain, lifters, rocker arms) works out pretty weel. and from what ive heard its about 70-75lbs heavier. but i have a BMR tubular K-member which is 50lbs lighter than stock (with the tubular a-arms)

  4. #44
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    i will for sure. ill get pics as soon as the engine is torn down.
    Ya i got some pics from mine and it was all bad

  5. #45
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    I broke a rod so I feel your pain. can you buy a new rotating assembly and be goon or did it mess up other things? I bought a used shortblock since $$$ was tight. Good luck!

  6. #46
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya it comes with most of what you need. you just have to buy some gaskets and swap stuff over. i am replacing some stuff though (oil pump, timing chain, lifters, rocker arms) works out pretty weel. and from what ive heard its about 70-75lbs heavier. but i have a BMR tubular K-member which is 50lbs lighter than stock (with the tubular a-arms)
    ill probably have to do this too cuz im on lowering springs.

  7. #47
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ya i got some pics from mine and it was all bad
    did you recrank it when yours went? im startin to wonderin if i broke the damn thing cuz its all soundin just like yours

  8. #48
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I broke a rod so I feel your pain. can you buy a new rotating assembly and be goon or did it mess up other things? I bought a used shortblock since $$$ was tight. Good luck!
    hey hey so did I! im tellin you we should start a club

  9. #49
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    did you recrank it when yours went? im startin to wonderin if i broke the damn thing cuz its all soundin just like yours
    ya i let it run for about 20secs just to be sure

  10. #50
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    ill probably have to do this too cuz im on lowering springs.
    and you can relocated your battery to the trunk and you will be at stock frontend weight

  11. #51
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    hey hey so did I! im tellin you we should start a club
    haha im tellin ya! we shoud create a FUMA thread lol

  12. #52
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I broke a rod so I feel your pain. can you buy a new rotating assembly and be goon or did it mess up other things? I bought a used shortblock since $$$ was tight. Good luck!
    it hasnt been torn down yet, its at a buddies shop cuz i dont have anyway to get the car where i can get the motor out. but im prolly goin that route

  13. #53
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    ya i let it run for about 20secs just to be sure
    haha well i recranked it 2 times about 3 seconds each

    so hopefully that was enough haha.

    the first time was a "just to make sure" crank, the second was cuz my mom came to help, an was like just drive it to the house, i keep tellin her 67898765 times that i cant drive it an finally i was just like fuck mom listen to this damn thing.

    "holy shit, ill call the wrecker"
    lol

  14. #54
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    it hasnt been torn down yet, its at a buddies shop cuz i dont have anyway to get the car where i can get the motor out. but im prolly goin that route
    I did mine in my drive way

  15. #55
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    haha well i recranked it 2 times about 3 seconds each

    so hopefully that was enough haha.

    the first time was a "just to make sure" crank, the second was cuz my mom came to help, an was like just drive it to the house, i keep tellin her 67898765 times that i cant drive it an finally i was just like fuck mom listen to this damn thing.

    "holy shit, ill call the wrecker"
    lol

    Ya i did the same thing

  16. #56
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    I did mine in my drive way
    mines ona hill tho an the garage is tiny, shit coulda pushed it out into the street huh? haha

  17. #57
    Member ksstamp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    346

    388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Ya i did the same thing
    my buddy said we should sneak up to the shop an crank it again an redline it a few times haha

  18. #58
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    mines ona hill tho an the garage is tiny, shit coulda pushed it out into the street huh? haha
    ya

  19. #59
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    my buddy said we should sneak up to the shop an crank it again an redline it a few times haha
    wow that would be all bad! you might end up with a piston through the hood but ya know maybe just to be sure!!!!!

  20. #60
    TJEA Retirement Home Dr.Crash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    U. S And A Greatest country in all of world
    Posts
    3,383

    Stock
    2002 Camaro

    Hey PM me your email Add and i will send you some pics later tonight......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fired my service writer today...Hate that.
    By Crimson Sin in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 08:32 AM
  2. No-Cats + Non-Mandrel Bent VS Mandrel Bent.
    By xinthenight in forum External Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 07:56 PM
  3. I hate my Fbody today...
    By 99BlackTransAm in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
  5. It's Friday the 13th!!! You know what that means at Thunder Racing!!!
    By Todd@Thunder Racing in forum Sales and Group Purchases from our Great Sponsors!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •