Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Badges delete

This is a discussion on Badges delete within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The way I did it was basically getting a razor right under, but avoiding the paint. Once you get up ...

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

The way I did it was basically getting a razor right under, but avoiding the paint. Once you get up a good chunk of it, you can pretty much peel it off. It's gonna leave some adhesive residue, so spray some 3M adhesive removal on it, let it sit for about 20 seconds, and take a plastic scraper to get it off. Finish off with a rag, using as much removal spray as necessary. I can't even tell that there were badges ever on mine, and the paint didnt get affected at all.
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    My lightsaber is bigger than yours

Are you going to do all the installs yourself? I love doing suspension work
    is that so? maybe, maybe not, but im your DADDY (father)...

yeah im doing the installin w/the help of both Chris and DJ over Labor Day Weekend...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

or you could heat the badges up with a hairdryer and when the adheisive is warm enough, just peel them off. then go back with residue remover and clean up whats left...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    The way I did it was basically getting a razor right under, but avoiding the paint. Once you get up a good chunk of it, you can pretty much peel it off. It's gonna leave some adhesive residue, so spray some 3M adhesive removal on it, let it sit for about 20 seconds, and take a plastic scraper to get it off. Finish off with a rag, using as much removal spray as necessary. I can't even tell that there were badges ever on mine, and the paint didnt get affected at all.
    whoa...take it easy with the razors or any felt, cotton terry, soft, fuzzy, microfiber, or possessing qualities that could be misconstrued as being air or feathers around anything GM painted. it will undoubtedly scratch...

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    or you could heat the badges up with a hairdryer and when the adheisive is warm enough, just peel them off. then go back with residue remover and clean up whats left...
    yep. i used fishing line to get under them.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    Thanks.
    Sounds like a better method for me lol...me+razor=chunk of missing paint.

Pewter
    2000 z28

debadging is bad ass imo. why not. with the stock exhaust a z28 is retarded quiet. really provokes people.

i personally like the suspense of finding out what engine a car really has, so i give others the same luxury....

until the car starts and then its back to square one for those poor ricing bastards....

best case for me is the cheater cam with TD's and longtubes and quiet mufflers with dual cutouts...

oh how i love to dream.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Yeah I think they will know Im not a v6 as soon as I start it. But some of those ricer boys might not get the hint lol.

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

Haha yeah thats what I'm hoping for. But yeah with the razor, I guess I was just really really careful, honestly there wasnt a blemish in the paint at all. But if youre more comfortable with a different method, by all means go for it. Just stating how I did it.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarolvr69 View Post
    Yeah I think they will know Im not a v6 as soon as I start it. But some of those ricer boys might not get the hint lol.
    i have never had any import try to race me in the z. i have instigated a few stis and walked them, but no one driving an import or a rice box has tried. kinda fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    Haha yeah thats what I'm hoping for. But yeah with the razor, I guess I was just really really careful, honestly there wasnt a blemish in the paint at all. But if youre more comfortable with a different method, by all means go for it. Just stating how I did it.
    thats good. whatever works man.

funny thread, although pretty neat indeed. its suprising how stupid the common person gets when they hear a v8 scream and still have to ask if its a v8.

sad.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Thumbs up

" BADGES " ???? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BADGES !!!!
    Let the little piss ants find out the hard way .

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

Yeah I was finally able to take my car out today on a dealer plate, and let me tell you, whoaaaaa! Friggin thing hauls ass. My pops was following me in the 3.8, and he was impressed as hell when he tried running with me. I let him drive it and he nearly shit himself, he didn't really know what kinda car I was getting myself into, haha. I really look forward to someone saying "So you bought a v6 and just put a stupid z28 badge on the back? LAAAME". Can't wait.

Pewter
    2000 z28

i may even take it a step further and get some 3.8 badges just to screw with people.

may be even get a sign that says race me im a v6. people are stupid enough to buy that crapola. and im stupid enough to "sell" it.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

Don't disgrace teh LS1 by callin it 3800. Thats bad juju. lol.

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

Haha yeah thats almost cheating... although from some of the ricers I've seen around here, they deserve it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well if you get a 93-97 LT1 body style, you can put an RS badges on it. Unless there are many dummies out there and know that the LS1 body doesnt have the RS option

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i may even take it a step further and get some 3.8 badges just to screw with people.

may be even get a sign that says race me im a v6. people are stupid enough to buy that crapola. and im stupid enough to "sell" it.
    DO IT! that would be awesome... I would love to see some videos of people talking trash to you and seeing their reaction when you whoop their ass!

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Well if you get a 93-97 LT1 body style, you can put an RS badges on it. Unless there are many dummies out there and know that the LS1 body doesnt have the RS option
    the rs option was a body kit on the 98-02 also. it wouldnt matter, people are dumb as fuck anyway.

really, any v6 camaro is an rs. just another way gm screwed up the heritage.....

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    DO IT! that would be awesome... I would love to see some videos of people talking trash to you and seeing their reaction when you whoop their ass!
    i would love it if someone talked shit to me regardless of my badges. it wouldnt only be a race, but a pace event to see where they pull over and when i give them mouth surgery with foot.

people talking shit in cars always amazes me. eventually, youre going to hit a red light....and you can bet your ass im going to be out of the car when you do.

BLACK
    2002 CAMARO Z28

I Just Bought My Z28 A Month Ago And It Had One Badge Missing So I Pulled The Other One Off Very Carefully Useing Fishing Line And Left The Back One On! So I Didn't Scratch The Paint, A Tip Given To Me By Someone Who Paints Cars If It Helps Anyone Out Any!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by volleybill View Post
    Yeah, I took off all tZ28 badges, they didn't show up much, any way- black on black-

Seems like every idiot wants to race my car...? I usually won't race, but, if I do punch it, it usually isn't much of a race-
    i like my black on black combo...sleek and stealthy.

i love it when someone takes off like a bat out of hell from the lights next to me or guns it down the road or keeps pace and jumps their car a little and i don't react at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information