Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad morning

Blog Entries

Pewter
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

bad morning

So this morning i woke up to go drop off my daughter at my moms house and to go to work and i realized that some smart guy decided to break into my garage and try to break in my car he managed to get the door open but the alarm went off and he took off but before he took off running he decided to shatter my windshield

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Dam what a punk. You need to find who did this and pull a bin laden on his ass!!!

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Ouch that sucks!

Freaking losers messing with other peoples stuff. Grrrr.

White w/black leather
    1995 Ford Cobra #259

Sorry to hear this!! How did he get into the garage? What kind of damage did he do to your car?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Damn, sorry to read/see that...stupid ass punks, I can't stand a thief...

Blog Entries

Pewter
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cobra259 View Post
    Sorry to hear this!! How did he get into the garage? What kind of damage did he do to your car?
    he just messed up my lock from my driver door broke my window/lock buttons and thats about it

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    Dam what a punk. You need to find who did this and pull a bin laden on his ass!!!
    I'm gonna have to use that line sometime

GOd those people piss me off, do you live in a bad area? Maybe install one those motion activated light will prevent thieves from coming again

blue
    1999 TransAm

if they're in your garage/home, ....they are a threat and are fair game. OP lives in TX...

maroon
    2001 z28

ha i said that on the gas stealing thread...........

maroon
    2001 z28

it s true god bless tx

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    if they're in your garage/home, ....they are a threat and are fair game. OP lives in TX...
    That's the law in most states... unless you're in states like NY or IL...

Anything you consider a threat inside a structure owned by you is fair game. Unless you have a CCW/CPL/CHL... then any threat to you is fair game.

maroon
    2001 z28

that is true aswell i have mine

Ray Charles blue

That sucks something terribly man. I hate punk kids.

However, I think some people should really look in to the penal code for Texas.

Legal and in a criminal court, sure you can shoot and kill him. However, would it be justified in a civil case, maybe. However for the rest of your life you must live with killing someone for trying to take your car and the cost of the criminal and civil defense would most likely be in the well over 100k range even if you are found not guilty. Do any of you have that kind of extra money sitting around? Doubt that....... So yes, go ahead and shoot but most likely you will be dead ass broke because you will have to sell your house and the car you were trying to protect in order to pay for the court costs. Then if you lose you will most certainly be in a world of hurt.

PC ยง9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
    justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under
    Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly
    force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
    (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by
    any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover
    the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial
    risk of death or serious bodily injury.

That last part in bold should be in your mind when you are pulling the trigger on some kid. Would this fall under all those issues above? Dont think so.

Do I agree with him being able to do that? No, but I dont think my car is worth shooting someone over. However, if they are pointing a gun at me or my family I would not hesitate to drop them.

Not trying to be a buzz-kill as I am a gun advocate myself.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Why do "they" always have to damage shit when they can't get it??!!!

Can't have anything nice anymore..

Sorry to see it man..

Quote Originally Posted by juanZ28 View Post
    So this morning i woke up to go drop off my daughter at my moms house and to go to work and i realized that some smart guy decided to break into my garage and try to break in my car he managed to get the door open but the alarm went off and he took off but before he took off running he decided to shatter my windshield
    Click for full size
    He set the alarm off while it was sitting in your garage??? And it didn't wake you up?

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Unless you have a CCW/CPL/CHL... then any threat to you is fair game.
    We don't even need those here in AZ. So anyone is fair game,,,,,all the time.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    That sucks something terribly man. I hate punk kids.

However, I think some people should really look in to the penal code for Texas.

Legal and in a criminal court, sure you can shoot and kill him. However, would it be justified in a civil case, maybe. However for the rest of your life you must live with killing someone for trying to take your car and the cost of the criminal and civil defense would most likely be in the well over 100k range even if you are found not guilty. Do any of you have that kind of extra money sitting around? Doubt that....... So yes, go ahead and shoot but most likely you will be dead ass broke because you will have to sell your house and the car you were trying to protect in order to pay for the court costs. Then if you lose you will most certainly be in a world of hurt.

PC ยง9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
    justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
    (1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under
    Section 9.41; and
    (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly
    force is immediately necessary:
    (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
    (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
    (3) he reasonably believes that:
    (A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by
    any other means; or
    (B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover
    the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial
    risk of death or serious bodily injury.

That last part in bold should be in your mind when you are pulling the trigger on some kid. Would this fall under all those issues above? Dont think so.

Do I agree with him being able to do that? No, but I dont think my car is worth shooting someone over. However, if they are pointing a gun at me or my family I would not hesitate to drop them.

Not trying to be a buzz-kill as I am a gun advocate myself.
    1st of all, the fact someone committed breaking and entering, puts you and your family in a very very precarious situation. people who commit breaking and entering like the OP's story, are not good citizens, they are criminals, and probably career criminals.... many times burglers come prepared to "deal" w/ homeowners...

2nd if your confront a compete stranger in confined quarters in your home you are suddenly in a very dangerous situation - why - because you know jack squat about who they are, what their intention is, what they are capabale of, and what (not if) weapons they have either in plain sight or concealed...

3rd if you are prepared for such confrontation, then you have to make some tough choices, the last resort should be to engage in self-defense, ...but there is no clear cut indication of if/when to engage, ...remember the criminal has the upper hand because only he/she knows their true intention and how far they are willing to go to hurt you, your family, and try to escape.

So given these facts, no, i can't say for shure what i'd do - you'd "have to be there" and react accordingly to the situation and your training... but i'll be damned if i'm gonna weep over some punk thug that picks the wrong person to victimize..

All very true, you have to have a solid head on your shoulders and be prepared to go all the way if you are going to confront.

Every situation is different, but to comment on your 2nd quote, and I had somone break into my garage or house,,,,,, I wouldn't even attempt to confront unless I had my weapon in hand and drawn ready to shoot. When I wake up at night hearing noises, I walk around with a loaded gun just in case.

Here in AZ gun laws are a bit relaxed compared to other states. You have to be prepared in knowing that most everyone here packs a loaded weapon. So for a criminal to decide on victimizing someone here is usually a poor decision on their part.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 05-07-2011 at 01:13 PM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    All very true, you have to have a solid head on your shoulders and be prepared to go all the way if you are going to confront.

Every situation is different, but to comment on your 2nd quote, and I had somone break into my garage or house,,,,,, I wouldn't even attempt to confront unless I had my weapon in hand and drawn ready to shoot. When I wake up at night hearing noises, I walk around with a loaded gun just in case.

Here in AZ gun laws are a bit relaxed compared to other states. You have to be prepared in knowing that most everyone here packs a loaded weapon. So for a criminal to decide on victimizing someone here is usually a poor decision on their part.
    right, generally speaking it's not a good idea to force a "confrontation", ...i just don't know the circumstances of the OP's story... but it's quite possible you go to investigate (assuming it's an attached garage?), you think an animal is in there making noise, and you find a strange man in there who ain't supposed to be there - what do ya do? are you armed (shame on you, you should be!, i carry all around my house 24/7 w/ an extra mag too) = where are your family, could they be between the burgler and the burgler's point of egress - if so would you risk the burgler running past you and your family to "get out"?

there's no right or wrong answers here. you have to react based on your instinct and training to defend yourself and your family - the criminal is in your home and already has the upper hand - how much more "benefit of the doubt" are you willing to give them?

i feel for the real victims, like the OP, who has to deal w/ the emotional fallout from being personally victimized, w/ extraneous damage done, for no other reason, than to say "haha, i broke in, screw you". as for the criminals, they get whatever comes to them, ...but i don't lose sleep over dead criminals..

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    i feel for the real victims, like the OP, who has to deal w/ the emotional fallout from being personally victimized, w/ extraneous damage done, for no other reason, than to say "haha, i broke in, screw you". as for the criminals, they get whatever comes to them, ...but i don't lose sleep over dead criminals..
    It's a shame for the original poster for sure. Even more so I hate to see people get away with it too.

99% of the time we are carrying, (as most do here in AZ) never leave the house without it either.

Just shows nothing is really secure and safe, even a locked car in a locked garage. Guess the next plan of action is the insurance company and see what the damages are. I feel for ya Juan.

Thread Information